The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Look man, no matter how hard you push it or how many video clips you post, most of us are never going to see Randle as Blake 2.0. Why not just let Randle be Randle?

I actually think randle has a higher ceiling because at the same age he already has a jumper, shows more defensive prowess, has quicker feet and doesn't rely on the vertical game so in that sense yea, let randle be randle. But they have damn near identical measurements across the board so it would be silly to ignore their similarities.

Speaking of video clips I'm working on something that would show them doing the exact same moves and showing off the same skills so stay tuned for that

I'm not wrong about their athleticism. His first bucket was a two hand flush on a seven footer, you just tried to downplay it because you had already said he would "never" do such a thing.

As far as the rest of your revised opinion on their skillset, let's check the replay:
You are completely wrong about Randle's athleticism. Randle won't be dunking over defenders regularly like Blake was doing in his first few seasons. Randle might be able to get posters here and there (as with any other NBA player) but overall Randle will play below the rim.

This is exactly why combine results don't really mean anything. You see all the time where guys have incredible numbers in verticals and it doesn't translate to the hardwood. Blake is at another level with his explosiveness, he's been the cream of the crop since day 1 as a kid. Randle has some athleticism himself and is a grown man but he isn't going to come into the league like Blake did consistently jumping over guys.

Again, post a non high school mixtape highlight

He doesn't play like that in a real game, he plays below the rim
Said this from the start of the discussion

I wouldn't say Randle is very polished nor comfortable with the ball yet. He still forces things a ton and just tries to lower his shoulder and put his head down (at least at Kentucky). He is crafty though, I'll give you that. The fundamentals need to develop and evolve.
This is where the Blake similarities come in to play.

Last edited:
Another question, Jalen rose is annoying. why is he carrying a bat in that grantland thing? :rolleyes

I'm sure you could make a comparison video showing similar moves between Randle and a number of bigs. Blake isn't the only guy that does things that Randle has shown early on. Randle's moves aren't exclusive to Blake

Again, there's a little bit of David Lee, Horford, ZBO, Odom, Blake..

I remember dudes saying Randle couldn't bully in the NBA like dude isn't already heavier than most PF's and he's only going to get stronger. :lol:

Athleticism is not the same thing as tendency or playing style tho

You downplay everything that doesn't fit your argument. First it's randle will never jump over/thru defenders then when he does it's oh, anybody could do that. First their skillset is completely different then it's well, a bunch of guys have those skills.

But if you're going to agree that they are similar then what the hell are we arguing about?

Last edited:
Do the Lakers have their pick this year?

Depends, have to finish in the bottom 5 of the league, which is entirely plausible given how the injury curse is still going. Silver didn't do us a solid last year. Guess LBJ going back home and facilitating a way to get him Love was more important.

They both chose a place where they thought they could win right away. LA isnt that place right now.

Once Kobe gets injured, that top 5 pick should be in reach. A Mudiay + Randle future combo would be nice.

Last edited:
Athleticism is not the same thing as tendency or playing style tho

You downplay everything that doesn't fit your argument. First it's randle will never jump over/thru defenders then when he does it's oh, anybody could do that. First their skillset is completely different then it's well, a bunch of guys have those skills.

But of you're going to agree that they are similar then what the hell are we arguing about?
I never said Randle could "never" jump over defenders. I did say that a lot of players could do that in a given play, Randle included, because it's true. The frequency with which Randle will be doing that pales in comparison to Blake's. That's what you're not understanding from my perspective. Of course Randle and many other big men can put guys on a poster every now and then, that's not the discussion.

Randle's play below the rim are similar to a handful of guys.

I was arguing with you that Randle's athleticism isn't comparable to Blake's. I also don't think Blake is "exactly similar" to Randle as you said originally. Do they share some similarities? Sure, but so do a handful of other big men.

I never said Randle could "never" jump over defenders. I did say that a lot of players could do that in a given play, Randle included, because it's true. The frequency with which Randle will be doing that pales in comparison to Blake's. That's what you're not understanding from my perspective. Of course Randle and many other big men can put guys on a poster every now and then, that's not the discussion.

Randle's play below the rim are similar to a handful of guys.

I was arguing with you that Randle's athleticism isn't comparable to Blake's. I also don't think Blake is "exactly similar" to Randle as you said originally. Do they share some similarities? Sure, but so do a handful of other big men.

What is your point then man? Lotta cliche irrelevant stuff being said..

What is your point then man? Lotta cliche irrelevant stuff being said..
Randle doesn't have the athleticism Blake has. Dude has been saying they have comparable athleticism from the jump. He also said they are exactly similar.

What's cliche irrelevant about that?

Last edited:
And Khem Birch just got waived. :lol:

Surprising most of the heat forums I was reading had Shanon Brown or Dawkins being let go

bad choice.

Khem will find his path, projected well analytically, former McDonald all American I had him and still have him as a top 30-40 guy in the class.

And Khem Birch just got waived.
laugh.gif
Damn.
mean.gif

But he will definitely get a spot somewhere, no doubt, not mad at that, had some tough rooks and I'm sure it was a tough choice but Dawkins/Brown probably fits better in whatever their offensive scheme is, just glad the roster is finally at 15
pimp.gif

Here we go again with the Larry Johnson wishes

Randle aint no damn Larry Johnson. Bennett aint no damn Larry Johnson. Let Grandmama rest in peace until someone truly worthy comes along.

Randle is a nice prospect, let him cook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom