2024 NBA Draft Thread

2 PGs in the first round?
Don't think any of the wings are particularly good at this point. Still have one more pick to use on a big.

Maledon has good size and could play both the 1 and 2 in Brad's system, similar to Marcus. Also think there's a chance that he could be stashed for a year. At this point, just taking smart players that could potentially be useful.

Don't think any of the wings are particularly good at this point. Still have one more pick to use on a big.

Maledon has good size and could play both the 1 and 2 in Brad's system, similar to Marcus. Also think there's a chance that he could be stashed for a year. At this point, just taking smart players that could potentially be useful.

What about Langford, Edwards, Waters? Or you shipping a few of them out?

The Knicks will double up on PG's and take Tyrell Terry

img_13914858.jpg

I don't want to say Trae Young-lite cause he's not the playmaker Trae is but he can make a shot from anywhere on the court. Pretty undersized at 6'2" 160 lbs so defense will always be an issue.

What about Langford, Edwards, Waters? Or you shipping a few of them out?
Love Romeo. Showed real defensive ability that I had no clue he had. His athleticism and wingspan definitely help him. The offense will come along. He gets into the paint pretty easy. Jumper is a work in progress. I think he gets a much bigger role on the team next year with him and Smart as the first 2 guys off the bench. Not going to be a ton of minutes on the wing between Romeo, Smart, and the starters.

Survival of the fittest with the other guards. Edwards and Waters are just SO damn small. I love Waters and legit think he'd be a starting caliber PG if he were closer to 6'3" or so. But he's not. Edwards is all about his jumper. Would like to see if he could get more minutes so he could get more of a rhythm.

1. Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards (traded to Minnesota)
2. Minnesota T'Wolves - LaMelo Ball (traded to Golden State)
3. Charlotte Hornets - Killian Hayes
4. Chicago Bulls - Isaac Okoro
5. Cleveland Cavaliers - James Wiseman
6. Atlanta Hawks - Onyeka Okongwu
7. Detroit Pistons - Deni Avdija
8. New York Knicks - Cole Anthony
9. Washington Wizards - Aaron Nesmith
10. Phoenix Suns - Kira Lewis Jr.
11. San Antonio Spurs - RJ Hampton
12. Sacramento Kings - Devin Vassell
13. New Orleans Hornets - Tyrese Haliburton
14. Portland Trailblazers - Obi Toppin
15. Orlando Magic - Tyrese Maxey
16. Minnesota T'Wolves - Jaden McDaniels
17. Boston Celtics - Theo Maledon
18. Dallas Mavericks - Saddiq Bey
19. Milwaukee Bucks - Josh Green
20. Brooklyn Nets - Jalen Smith
21. Denver Nuggets - Tre Jones
22. Philadelphia 76ers - Jahmi'us Ramsey
23. Miami Heat - Precious Achuiwa
24. Utah Jazz - Patrick Williams
25. Oklahoma City Thunder - Daniel Oturu
26. Boston Celtics - Nico Mannion
27. New York Knicks - Tyrell Terry

The Toronto Raptors ( osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh ) are on the clock.

28. Toronto Raptors - Paul Reed

The Los Angeles Lakers ( C CP1708 ) are on the clock.

28. Toronto Raptors - Paul Reed
29. Los Angeles Lakers - Zeke Nnaji

The Boston Celtics ( B Sox B Sox ) are on the clock.

With the 30th and final pick of the first round of the 2020 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Isaiah Stewart, Freshman Big from Washington.

Needed to go with a big, and the more athletic ones in Reed and Nnaji unfortunately got picked right before, so I think the next best option is Isaiah Stewart. Love the combo of strength, wingspan, and motor. Seems kind of like a bigger Grant Williams, who I think was good for the Cs outside of his 3pt shooting. Will get the majority of his buckets based off of being a bull in the paint, but I like the fact that he shot 77% from the FT line. Think he will be able to extend the jumper out to the NBA 3 but it will take a little while.

I like his chances of being able to hang defensively on the perimeter when needed better than Vernon Carey, who has a similar skill set.

Last edited:
What was the mock trade between GSW and Minnesota? Dont really want to read every page to find it. Can someone share?

Better shooter, better defender, better decision maker. Makes perfect sense. Gives them someone that helps them win now. Lamelo has a much higher ceiling though. Warriors would definitely trade down if that’s the route they wanted to go.

Better shooter, better defender, better decision maker. Makes perfect sense. Gives them someone that helps them win now. Lamelo has a much higher ceiling though. Warriors would definitely trade down if that’s the route they wanted to go.

all of that makes sense but Steph is 32 and Klay 30. Why not go with the guys with higher upside?

all of that makes sense but Steph is 32 and Klay 30. Why not go with the guys with higher upside?
I don’t disagree with you, but I guess it really depends on what they are valuing right now and how much they can get out of their current core.

I just don’t see Lamelo really helping this current core much. They don’t need what he does best, and they really need what he sucks at (defense).

Haliburton isn’t going to be some elite defender I don’t think, but he’s going to be worlds better than Lamelo.

I don’t disagree with you, but I guess it really depends on what they are valuing right now and how much they can get out of their current core.

I just don’t see Lamelo really helping this current core much. They don’t need what he does best, and they really need what he sucks at (defense).

Haliburton isn’t going to be some elite defender I don’t think, but he’s going to be worlds better than Lamelo.

I’d bet on Anthony Edwards if you want some sort of blend of right now and the future.

Back
Top Bottom