THE AIR JORDAN QUALITY AND COMPLAINT THREAD. Attn JB/Nike.

I will let the experts take it from here. Many have asked for this, so lets here it. Name the shoe and your problem with it.

Nah, I will say first. Hey JB, why do you guys only and intentionally give us a 98 % retro? Why the hell do you give us a colorway that no one wants? It seems that you all have gotten comfortable with releasing retros made "just close enough" but not all the way. We all know its by design. But why? Whats the motive. True fans will always buy. So before the business talk comes in, I am saying make the retro like they need to be made. And you all know how to do this. If there is anyone from Nike/JB on here, give us an explaination of your business motives. And acknowledge that you may be listening to us.

Let’s talk about the elephant in the room: Fix the damn Jumpman on the 9s! It’s the main element of the shoe that stands out, in terms of design, and the retros have always done a disservice to the OGs because of this.

059679F8-01F6-4858-91D1-CC8A483C190A.jpeg

I’m not sure if this thread is really needed. We all have the right to complain about shoes in it’s appropriate thread. I’ll leave it open for now, but I have a feeling nothing good will come from it and I’ll end up locking it anyway.

I love fancy leathers and materials and concepts

BUT NOT MORE THAN A STRAIGHT PAIR OF SHOES.
the one thing I cant stand is poor craftmanship. Shoe shapes and colorways mean nothing to me if the right shoe doesnt match up to the left. That's really all i truly want to change. Every am1 red anniv pair Ive seen has a low mudguard on one shoe and high mudguard on the other. Damndee just posted a video of his am1 pick up and thats all i could look at the whole time. I dont understand how these inconsistencies are allowed to happen when theyre THE shoe company. Some might say that might be the problem in itself but I dont accept that. I believe its negligence from the higher ups and their inability to stay conistent with their shoe blueprints that go to each factory. I believe the negligence comes from a sense of entitlement which gives way to lack of respect for us/ lack of care for the product. Something's getting lost in translation there and its their fault not the workers. Something along the line should be standardized that isnt. A die that cuts out the mudguard should be consistent and there should be clear cut points where something should be glued or stitched, I can clearly tell thats its waaaaay more 'up in the air' than that. Every infrared 6 should have a heel panel that rises up from the midsole a length of 3 or four stitches. Instead we get some shoes that have it flush and some that go way higher. Sometimes in one box. F all that.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this thread is really needed. We all have the right to complain about shoes in it’s appropriate thread. I’ll leave it open for now, but I have a feeling nothing good will come from it and I’ll end up locking it anyway.
Your right. I guess my thought was maybe all complaints could go to just one thread instead of being in every thread. Not realistic when you think about it. Also, thinking that maybe people from Nike and jb may lurk for feedback, this might be a good way of getting their direct attention. So many in here do have legit gripes though. And also explain things way better than I can.

For me it will be the 8!! Too much heavy and zero cushionning. The midsole is really hard, the outsole too. Without 2 good airsole unit (heel and forefoot), the shoe is nothing.
And i don't know how to say that in english, the plastic plate is not at the right spot so this prevents to bend the shoes like the OG. The plastic goes over the middle of the shoe and touch the forefoot grey midsole.
Retro 2013
IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4938.JPG
OG 1993
IMG_4944.JPG IMG_4943.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4940.JPG
    IMG_4940.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 5

To be fair, at least this removes at least some of the complaints from the individual threads and centralizes it.

Maybe it’s a pipe dream that Nike/JB higher ups would read something like this but it definitely makes it easier to find vs looking at problems with individual releases (which themselves probably vary-even from the same model and different cws).

pointless. every thread is already an ongoing theme of people griping about JB quality. lock it down.

I love fancy leathers and materials and concepts

BUT NOT MORE THAN A STRAIGHT PAIR OF SHOES.
the one thing I cant stand is poor craftmanship. Shoe shapes and colorways mean nothing to me if the right shoe doesnt match up to the left. That's really all i truly want to change. Every am1 red anniv pair Ive seen has a low mudguard on one shoe and high mudguard on the other. Damndee just posted a video of his am1 pick up and thats all i could look at the whole time. I dont understand how these inconsistencies are allowed to happen when theyre THE shoe company. Some might say that might be the problem in itself but I dont accept that. I believe its negligence from the higher ups and their inability to stay conistent with their shoe blueprints that go to each factory. I believe the negligence comes from a sense of entitlement which gives way to lack of respect for us/ lack of care for the product. Something's getting lost in translation there and its their fault not the workers. Something along the line should be standardized that isnt. A die that cuts out the mudguard should be consistent and there should be clear cut points where something should be glued or stitched, I can clearly tell thats its waaaaay more 'up in the air' than that. Every infrared 6 should have a heel panel that rises up from the midsole a length of 3 or four stitches. Instead we get some shoes that have it flush and some that go way higher. Sometimes in one box. F all that.
The fact that I have seen several pairs of Infrared 6s with one shoe having contrast the other not is def a disappointment in some way. We all know by now that left and right shoes are made on different production lines. But the die cuts and molds should still match. 95 cords have diff height of pl from shoe to shoe on some pairs I get that. But in 2019, the flaws they had in the 80s and 90s should not be around today.

The fact that I have seen several pairs of Infrared 6s with one shoe having contrast the other not is def a disappointment in some way. We all know by now that left and right shoes are made on different production lines. But the die cuts and molds should still match. 95 cords have diff height of pl from shoe to shoe on some pairs I get that. But in 2019, the flaws they had in the 80s and 90s should not be around today.
pretty much

JB, my complaints are minimal with the retros. All I ask is you bring back the Chicago 2’s with no piping

pointless. every thread is already an ongoing theme of people griping about JB quality. lock it down.
Really though. How is it pointless. A thread solely for the feedback for current and past products all in one thread. Instead of having ALL these threads filled with complaining that so many hate, this thread can be used to have legit complaints and explainations of why we want better products from them. Applies to all Air Jordan retros.

It's not pointless. There are definite issues with JB's retros. And this topic deserves its own thread.

Back
Top Bottom