^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

The continuous flying shot during the final battle where you got to see each character, solo, but also paired with another avenger was amazing. Executed perfectly.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Spoiler [+]
Did Hawkeye's arrow virus disable all of the flying aircraft carrier's jets/fans? One was damaged, that was the one that Ironman spun back up, but didn't the virus knock out the other ones? How did that thing stay afloat?
Spoiler [+]
When the first one blew up Fury said to get the hellicarier over the water and that they could stay afloat and be fine as long as one engine was still on. They went in to free fall (wasn't shown that well throughout) when Hawkeye took out the other engine with the virus arrow but once Iron Man got the other one going they were good.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anyone pick up all the different movie references?  What were those about? 

I heard, While you were Sleeping, Point Break, Legolas, and like 3 others I'm now forgetting. 

I know that's a reach, but I kept noticing that it was happening and didn't know why. 
laugh.gif

nerd 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was dyin' when Stark called Loki Reindeer Games

YES!!!!  That was the other one I caught, Reindeer Games. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I was like, where the hell would that come from? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

contemplating seeing it in Imax in a few minutes, by myself. Forever alone.
Saw it twice dolo, its just more simple than having to explain it to some female

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Spoiler [+]
According to iFanboy, The Other (the guy who speaks to Thanos) is actually supposed to be Annilhius

At this point dont bother with the spoilers...
But I could see it being Annilhius especially since there is a "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie in the works thats based on the "Annihilation Wave" story arc

I went to a 8:30am show this morning and it was a sell out. Great comic book movie...maybe the best. I wish I seen it as a kid beause some of the stuff that got me grinning as an adult would of rocked my world as a youngster.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Spoiler [+]
Did Hawkeye's arrow virus disable all of the flying aircraft carrier's jets/fans? One was damaged, that was the one that Ironman spun back up, but didn't the virus knock out the other ones? How did that thing stay afloat?
Spoiler [+]
When the first one blew up Fury said to get the hellicarier over the water and that they could stay afloat and be fine as long as one engine was still on. They went in to free fall (wasn't shown that well throughout) when Hawkeye took out the other engine with the virus arrow but once Iron Man got the other one going they were good.
Spoiler [+]
No, no, no. It needed 3 engines to stay up. Haweye's arrow took out engine 1 specifically. Since another engine was disabled that Stark was fixing, they were at risk. Once it was fixed, the ship could fly again with 3 engines.

Does anybody have faith in that FX Punisher series thats supposed to be in production? My only problem with that is that it would give Fox the rights to the Punisher character, and bar him from appearing in any Avengers sequels or derivatives

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Saw it yesterday, loved it. Most likely will see again and for sure copped on Blu Ray    
pimp.gif
im with u on that one. im hearing over 30 minutes of cut footage will be on the blue-ray. I hope its a full uncut directors cut and just not deleted scenes in the special features section

Movie was great. I like how everyone revived just about an equal amount of screen time. Didn't expect to be as thrilled with Hawkeye and Black Widows characters as much as I was. I thought Scarlett did a great acting job. Particularly the scene where Banner slams his hands out the table and she pulls the gun on him. And when she plays Loki to get information out of him.

It seems like majority of people, including the people I went with, where coming in big Hulk and Iron Man fans. I was coming in a Thor fan. When he entered the plan and snatched Loki from them
pimp.gif

I was going to walk out of the theater if Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Does anybody have faith in that FX Punisher series thats supposed to be in production? My only problem with that is that it would give Fox the rights to the Punisher character, and bar him from appearing in any Avengers sequels or derivatives
No offense but honestly who cares. i dont think a majority of people would be upset if he NEVER appeared in an avengers movie. I hardly even think they(marvel) even cares about another punisher movie. Just my opinion though

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by solarius49

No offense but honestly who cares. i dont think a majority of people would be upset if he NEVER appeared in an avengers movie. I hardly even think they(marvel) even cares about another punisher movie. Just my opinion though
Naw not offended at all, there was just some discussion a few pages back about it, just felt like the character deserved a chance to be done right....by actors who actually take the movie seriously

Spoiler [+]
According to iFanboy, The Other (the guy who speaks to Thanos) is actually supposed to be Annilhius

Spoiler [+]
The producer confirmed it was Thanos

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
The producer confirmed it was Thanos
He knows that its Thanos, hes referring to the attendant who speaks to Thanos, talking about "courting Death"

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Movie was great. I like how everyone revived just about an equal amount of screen time. Didn't expect to be as thrilled with Hawkeye and Black Widows characters as much as I was. I thought Scarlett did a great acting job. Particularly the scene where Banner slams his hands out the table and she pulls the gun on him. And when she plays Loki to get information out of him.

It seems like majority of people, including the people I went with, where coming in big Hulk and Iron Man fans. I was coming in a Thor fan. When he entered the plan and snatched Loki from them
pimp.gif

I was going to walk out of the theater if Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer.
Honestly i expected Cap. to pick up the hammer sometime during the movie

Movie was awesome! Enjoyed every minute of it, except for this 80+ year old white guy next to me trying to comment to me every minute. At least he didn't spoil the movie for me since he told me he saw it FOUR times already. ScarlJo and Cobie Smulders in spandex 
pimp.gif

The movie never had a dull moment. It was entertaining and action packed. I was surprised Iron Man's armor could hold up against Thor's hammer though. Thought it would've crippled him. I also wanted to see Captain America kill some of those bad guys on the ship.

Right to the point.. I absolutely loved the movie. Funny, great action scenes, tons of great moments between all the characters.. completely worth the hype and anticipation.

Back
Top Bottom