^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by TxRook

All this talk about Mjolnir reminded me of the animated movie "Hulk vs. Thor"
Loki takes control of the Hulk and unleashes him onto Asgard.
There's a scene where Thor drops his hammer and the Hulk lifts it up out of sheer strength.

I know the wielder has to be deemed worthy, but I wouldn't say that is the only way to lift up the hammer.

Are you sure? I watched that the other day and I dont remember that.  But I know according to the comics and the legend, the worthiness is the only way to lift it.  Stronger beings than Thor and the Hulk have tried to lift it before to no avail
http://marvel.wikia.com/Mjolnir

EDIT:  I just read the Hulk is the only being to ever lift the hammer out of pure strength

There's a scene where Thor drops his hammer and the Hulk lifts it up out of sheer strength.

I know the wielder has to be deemed worthy, but I wouldn't say that is the only way to lift up the hammer.

Hulk vs is an Ultimate, different rules.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Are you sure? I watched that the other day and I dont remember that.  But I know according to the comics and the legend, the worthiness is the only way to lift it.  Stronger beings than Thor and the Hulk have tried to lift it before to no avail
didnt hulk do something with thors hammer in world war hulk when he was unstoppable

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Hulk vs is an Ultimate, different rules.
I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I was heated that Natalie Portman was not in the avengers..
Why? She has nothing to do with the Avengers storyline.
This!
But Maria Hill woulda got the tongue in butt treatment 
tongue.gif

solarius49 wrote:

Are you sure? I watched that the other day and I dont remember that.  But I know according to the comics and the legend, the worthiness is the only way to lift it. Stronger beings than Thor and the Hulk have tried to lift it before to no avail

EDIT: I just read the Hulk is the only being to ever lift the hammer out of pure strength

Yeah, man. Hulk is a beast
laugh.gif

I might've gotten "Hulk Vs" and "Ultimate Avengers" mixed up.
Both were pretty entertaining animated films.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I was heated that Natalie Portman was not in the avengers..
Why? She has nothing to do with the Avengers storyline.
This!
But Maria Hill woulda got the tongue in butt treatment 
tongue.gif
Co-sign on Robyn
laugh.gif
. And I think Portman was preggers while they were filming, so thats probably why she wasn't in it. I'm sure she would have done a cameo other wise.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Lot of knowledge dropped the last few pages. Someone school me on red hulk.
cant remember but i recall red hulk is general ross dont remember how he became him though
He teamed up with a group (Intelligencia) of Hulk's enemies (and other criminal geniuses) and they turned him in to it. He had kinda went off the deep end and was like planning to take over the country until that group betrayed him. They also turned his daughter in to a Hulk. It was a big event in the Hulk comics. Just about all of his friends are Hulks now.

didnt hulk do something with thors hammer in world war hulk when he was unstoppable
Thor was dead during world war Hulk. You may be thinking about the cyborg clone Thor that has some cheap imitation mjolnir.

As for Hulk and the hammer it's pretty much accepted that as far as strength goes if Hulk is mad enough he can lift or beat up anyone or thing.

yall have me watching all the cartoon movies on netflix now
laugh.gif

This movie IS one of the best that I've seen and thoroughly enjoyed for a long time.

Iron Man, Captain America and now Avengers...
pimp.gif

On a side note, I would rather see the new Dark Knight over The 'New' Amazing Spider man though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^Did you watch Thor?

No, been sitting in the wrapper on blu-ray since last summer in my den like the rest of the comic movies I ran out and bought last year that I never ended up watching after I saw Cap America in theaters. 
tired.gif

Will watch it one day..
O aight. Whenever you have a chance to watch it, it would be explained the magic and reasoning behind who can pick up the hammer.

Oh when I posted that Michael Clarke Duncan pic... I was thinking about him Voicing Thanos. Him or Kevin Michael Richardson

just saw this movie last night. Being as big of a marvel fan as I am...def was not better than TDK as far as comic book movies go...but I'll put it in my top 5 among hellboy and spider-man.

Couple funny parts, loved the teamwork at the end...it was perfect to see Thor fighting with hulk. I think for the most part every person nailed their respective roles.

Thanos at the end I knew was coming but him plus the cameo of the infinity gauntlet in Thor will be something i'll be paying close attention to.

8.5-9/10 for me.

I don't remember Thor being in World War Hulk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet
Thanos mounts the six Infinity Gems, (collected in the The Thanos Quest limited series), on his left glove to form the titular Infinity Gauntlet. Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over one aspect of the universe: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power. Now all-powerful and desperate to win the affections of Death, Thanos decides to offer the entity a gift of love by completing a task she had given him, erasing half the sentient life in the universe (including most of the X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four)[2], quite literally with a snap of his fingers.
The surviving heroes on Earth band together — guided by the newly-resurrected Adam Warlock — to battle Thanos. In a bid to impress Death, Thanos allows the heroes a slight chance of winning, but easily defeats and kills almost all of them. Thanos then goes on to defeat and imprison many of the universe's cosmic entities — including Galactus; the Stranger; the Titan Kronos; Epoch; the entities Love and Hate; two Celestials; Master Order and Lord Chaos; and Eternity. After defeating Eternity, Thanos leaves his body and becomes the living embodiment of the universe. This leaves his abandoned body vulnerable to Nebula, his alleged granddaughter.
Nebula takes the Gauntlet off Thanos's hand and dons it herself; she then undoes all of Thanos' actions, restoring her from disfigurement, bringing the dead back to life, and reversing the damage done to the cosmos. Another battle with the heroes and cosmic deities ends with Adam Warlock taking possession of the Gauntlet. Thanos then appears to commit suicide, but actually retreats to a farm to contemplate his loss.

The Hulk stood out, not necessarily Ruffalo.

He played a very demure Banner, which depending on the version of the Hulk, then it made sense. I think Whedon went off of the open ended ending The Norton film had and ran with the fugitive aspect, it was said that Marvel wasn't ever committed t making a sequel until they saw how it layed out in theaters and the Avengers so Leterrier created an open ending with 2 interpretations. He went with the fugitive aspect instead of the Banner being able to control it.

I still would have preferred Norton because he is an incredible actor and I think Whedon would have been able to do more with him than throwing in Ruffalo as a new cast member on the universe. But hts off to someone stepping up.

The movie was decent. My little brother seemed to really enjoy it.

I havent read all 57 pages but anybody else feel like the Thor vs Hulk fight on the plane had soooo much potential?
EDIT: oh and another thing.. why did hulk attack the red head chick if it is implied that he can control his anger ("my secret is that im always angry")

watchmen & the dark knight still my favorite superhero movies

Back
Top Bottom