The Avengers or Justice League? who do you prefer?

That is exactly what I'm saying....The Judas contract was a great story arc. But people already know about it so if DC tweaked it a bit (or a lot) maybe even just introduce deathstroke as the villain that would be a great movie.

Teen Titans/Outsiders + Cadmus/Secret organization + cameo's from JLA + deathstroke/secret six = a great movie....it would appeal to comic book nerds and the general public.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by blakep267

Batman is a paranoid guy who always thinks multiple moves ahead, yet for the most part he got outclassed by the joker in TDK.

You are lying to yourself if you think this is really how Batman is everytime. Sure, he wants to be this way, but if you've ever read the comics, you know this isn't always the case. He's been outsmarted by Joker, Bane, Hush, Deadshot, even Killer Croc.

well not everytime, but I just didnt like his portrayal in Nolan's movies. Like how could he not forsee something like the Joker switching addresses on him with harvey and Rachel. he trusted a madman, come on Bats wouldnt do that.

And for the guy stuck on the Flash and WW, nobody cares about WW. Nobody is asking for it except for the few fans of hers. TV shows flop for her all the time and a movie would flop. Basically because she's a lesser version of superman. Why would you want to see a movie with her doing the same things Supes could do. As for Flash, I prefer Wally to barry just because if they were to do a JL movie, you probably would have way too many serious characters. Superman and batman are no nonsense along with Hal ( not the reynolds version), so I think having Wally would even it out. And yes he can do cool stuff, butimo his individual stories arent that interesting

Originally Posted by blakep267

And for the guy stuck on the Flash and WW, nobody cares about WW. Nobody is asking for it except for the few fans of hers. TV shows flop for her all the time and a movie would flop. Basically because she's a lesser version of superman. Why would you want to see a movie with her doing the same things Supes could do. As for Flash, I prefer Wally to barry just because if they were to do a JL movie, you probably would have way too many serious characters. Superman and batman are no nonsense along with Hal ( not the reynolds version), so I think having Wally would even it out. And yes he can do cool stuff, butimo his individual stories arent that interesting
Again, I seriously doubt you've read any WW books if you're saying it'll just be a lesser version of Superman. You sound like a guy who would enjoy a movie just to show off their powers, better off sticking to Transformers then if that is what you seek. Like I said, a WW will like fail in the box office but you need to have a proper JLA movie like they did with the Avengers. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be done well and actually make money. 
And Flash's story is interesting, with Professor Zoom, the movie could easily be like a back and fort in time. And he actually killed a villain, not many heroes in the DC Universe has done that, that alone makes him very interesting considering how laid back his personality is. 

PRIME wrote:

DC has a way of copping out for their "golden boys". They'll write whatever just so Superman grows stronger and stronger. And you know thats true. KC Superman is the cheapest character ever drawn. 

And you know its true. 

No, it is not true. Superman has been pegged down more than any other heroes out there. From Silver Age to today, he has become a lot less powerful. Hell in the new 52, he is back to being unable to fly, he can only jump really high like he did in his first introduction. He's also back to being a jerk and not the big blue boy scout, at least not yet.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by RFX45

Because most just knows the Avengers and JLA through the animated series and movies. 
laugh.gif
If Supes went toe to toe with Sentry, Supes would get his +%* whooped. 
If Sentry was moving on all cylinders, Superman has met his match and he couldn't do anything about it. 

One thing about Sentry though, he can and will finish his opponent off. Unlike Supes... Him and Goku are cut from the same terry cloth. 

No, just no. Superman at his most powerful is basically unbeatable, which is the main reason so many Marvel fans hate him.

EDIT: Same goes for Batman. Marvel fans believe his wins are so unbelievable when he just miraculously pulls something from his *#! that they consider the entire character "PIS", which I've always thought was a stupid excuse or a cop out. If that's what happened, that's what happened.
And Sentry at his most powerful isn't unbeatable? The man can bring himself back to life. seconds to minutes after being killed. 
DC has a way of copping out for their "golden boys". They'll write whatever just so Superman grows stronger and stronger. And you know thats true. KC Superman is the cheapest character ever drawn. 

And you know its true. 

Silver Age Superman was able to move planets and travel between galaxies within minutes... You think Sentry can beat that?

PRIME wrote:

And you know its true. 

No, it is not true. Superman has been pegged down more than any other heroes out there. From Silver Age to Golden Age, he has become a lot less powerful. Hell in the new 52, he is back to being unable to fly, he can only jump really high like he did in his first introduction. He's also back to being a jerk and not the big blue boy scout, at least not yet.
But I wonder why he has been powered down so much? If he weren't already invincible to the point where there wasn't anything he couldn't do or withstand, then they wouldn't have had to power him down. And thats what I don't like. Instead of gaining new strength and powers and reaching a "peak" or "prime" superman starts off invincible and now he's losing power rather than growing into power. He seems too backwards. 
Sure his comics are interesting, and I may hate the guy, but thats the whole reason why I never liked superman. He always just felt like there was nothing he couldn't do. Outside of Kryptonite and Magic, he really has no weakness. 

Maybe now that this bastard has some sort of handicap I'll read up on some new stuff and possibly warm up to him. I just hate overpowered bastards. Like on Madden or 2K when you put all the players stats on 99, thats some wack #!%$. And thats how Supes has always seemed to me. At least with Sentry, he has all these amazing powers but he has a backstory and a weakness thats not only relate-able to (given that Marvel gives their heroes more realistic personal stories), but its something that along the way he can make progress to overcome. 

No, just no. Superman at his most powerful is basically unbeatable, which is the main reason so many Marvel fans hate him.

EDIT: Same goes for Batman. Marvel fans believe his wins are so unbelievable when he just miraculously pulls something from his *#! that they consider the entire character "PIS", which I've always thought was a stupid excuse or a cop out. If that's what happened, that's what happened.
And Sentry at his most powerful isn't unbeatable? The man can bring himself back to life. seconds to minutes after being killed. 

And you know its true. 

Silver Age Superman was able to move planets and travel between galaxies within minutes... You think Sentry can beat that?
Silver Age Supes also has hypnosis, genius level intellect, can sense/see any energy and unlimited everything (invulnerability, strength, speed, stamina, sight, smell, etc...). 
KC Superman is actually well created, he was immune to kryptonite but as you can see, Shazams lightning could still beat him. 

PRIME wrote:

And you know its true. 

No, it is not true. Superman has been pegged down more than any other heroes out there. From Silver Age to Golden Age, he has become a lot less powerful. Hell in the new 52, he is back to being unable to fly, he can only jump really high like he did in his first introduction. He's also back to being a jerk and not the big blue boy scout, at least not yet.
But I wonder why he has been powered down so much? If he weren't already invincible to the point where there wasn't anything he couldn't do or withstand, then they wouldn't have had to power him down. And thats what I don't like. Instead of gaining new strength and powers and reaching a "peak" or "prime" superman starts off invincible and now he's losing power rather than growing into power. He seems too backwards. 
Sure his comics are interesting, and I may hate the guy, but thats the whole reason why I never liked superman. He always just felt like there was nothing he couldn't do. Outside of Kryptonite and Magic, he really has no weakness. 

Maybe now that this bastard has some sort of handicap I'll read up on some new stuff and possibly warm up to him. I just hate overpowered bastards. Like on Madden or 2K when you put all the players stats on 99, thats some wack #!%$. And thats how Supes has always seemed to me. At least with Sentry, he has all these amazing powers but he has a backstory and a weakness thats not only relate-able to (given that Marvel gives their heroes more realistic personal stories), but its something that along the way he can make progress to overcome. 

It's just the evolution of the character and he has to adapt to the current events. Supes being unbeatable did work for a while but eventually people got tired and they pressed the reset button on him. Keep in mind, he was killed by Doomsday by sheer force so he can be hurt and killed, he doesn't have the unlimited power anymore. Him being a boy scout has also become his weakness, he hesitates because he might hurt or kill an innocent (he even holds his punches back, even against Doomsday and Darkseid) but sometimes he can be pushed to the boundary that Bats has to reason with him to remember what is right. Then that conflict is also a problem with Supes and Bats because he is unwilling to compromise while Bats sometimes will do what is needed to be done. Superman really does have more layers in him, like Shrek said he is like an onion
laugh.gif
 and Supes isn't always perfect. Writing has to be extra creative when they deal with him and sometimes, that is a good thing while other times it isn't. I understand why people hate him and why he's power fluctuate by writers/decades but they don't always have him fly to the sun and be god-like. 

And you know its true. 

Who says he can't? Superman has been around for over 70 years, sentry has been around for just over a decade. As far as the stat sheet goes, these two have just about the same powers. 
Sentry can fly to the sun faster than it takes light to travel from the sun. So its not impossible to figure that He can fly to the same places as Supes within the same amount of time. 

Sentry also can manipulate and control molecules. The $%%+ is Supes going to do against that? 

If Sentry does the same thing to Supes as he did to Molecule Man then its a wrap. IMO, I really believe that it is. 

It's just the evolution of the character and he has to adapt to the current events. Supes being unbeatable did work for a while but eventually people got tired and they pressed the reset button on him. Keep in mind, he was killed by Doomsday by sheer force so he can be hurt and killed, he doesn't have the unlimited power anymore. Him being a boy scout has also become his weakness, he hesitates because he might hurt or kill an innocent (he even holds his punches back, even against Doomsday and Darkseid) but sometimes he can be pushed to the boundary that Bats has to reason with him to remember what is right. Then that conflict is also a problem with Supes and Bats because he is unwilling to compromise while Bats sometimes will do what is needed to be done. Superman really does have more layers in him, like Shrek said he is like an onion 
laugh.gif
 and Supes isn't always perfect. Writing has to be extra creative when they deal with him and sometimes, that is a good thing while other times it isn't. I understand why people hate him and why he's power fluctuate by writers/decades but they don't always have him fly to the sun and be god-like. 

Well if the Superman of today isn't the boy scout, overpowered, "I bench press the galaxy before breakfast" bastard I always hated, I will give him a shot. What recent reads do you suggest? I haven't touched a Superman Comic in at least a little over a year.

And you know its true. 

Who says he can't? Superman has been around for over 70 years, sentry has been around for just over a decade. As far as the stat sheet goes, these two have just about the same powers. 
Sentry can fly to the sun faster than it takes light to travel from the sun. So its not impossible to figure that He can fly to the same places are Supes within the same amount of time. 

Sentry also can manipulate and control molecules. The $%%+ is Supes going to do against that? 

laugh.gif

Well if the Superman of today isn't the boy scout, overpowered, "I bench press the galaxy before breakfast" bastard I always hated, I will give him a shot. What recent reads do you suggest? I haven't touched a Superman Comic in at least a little over a year.

Check out the New 52 Action Comics, it's basically a re-start and shows he can't fly and actually get hurt/injure/bleed. He doesn't even have his tights on.
As for what Supes could do to Sentry, he can reverse Earths rotation, go back in time and prevents Sentry from using the serum (that's how he got/activated his powers iirc). Yeah it's from a movie but Supes has done it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

That is exactly what I'm saying....The Judas contract was a great story arc. But people already know about it so if DC tweaked it a bit (or a lot) maybe even just introduce deathstroke as the villain that would be a great movie.

Teen Titans/Outsiders + Cadmus/Secret organization + cameo's from JLA + deathstroke/secret six = a great movie....it would appeal to comic book nerds and the general public.
True. I agree totally instead of trying to carbon copy Marvel and do a Avenger-esque JLA movie, I think they should go the Teen Titans route.  And I think Deathstroke would be a GREAT villian to depict and could almost even end up stealing the move...

I dont think alot of non comic book readers or even younger comic book readers are familiar with the Judas Contract story arc.  Then again I could be mistaken.   

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Hell I'd say the most powerful version of Phoenix can take the entire JLA by itself

The hell does that have to do with JLA vs Avengers? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

RFX I can argue that DC did this whole "52" thing JUST so that they could power down superman and start anew.

Actually, I believe they did it to improve sales since Marvels been dominating them. I doubt it's just to power down Superman. Batman is their cash cow these days, not Superman. And he isn't as "babied" by DC these days as some of you say.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Hell I'd say the most powerful version of Phoenix can take the entire JLA by itself

The hell does that have to do with JLA vs Avengers? 
laugh.gif
Well a lot of other characters were mentioned so i thought I'd bring in another factor
happy.gif

Marvels Avengers are much more interesting then the JLA. The JLA stories are nice but rarely do they have a good Crossover as
House of M

Civil War

Secret War

Dark Reign 

and all

There are not many good crossover events  in DC.  Though Dc does shine in the novel Section with things like

5fdb4f5188f3070e025bb60d80f22b9a.jpg

and

250px-Superman-secretidentity1.jpg

Hell after the New 52 I've become mostly Marvel.  
30t6p3b.gif
I want **** Bat and my Tim-Tam back

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

There are not many good crossover events  in DC.  Though Dc does shine in the novel Section with things like

5fdb4f5188f3070e025bb60d80f22b9a.jpg

and

250px-Superman-secretidentity1.jpg

Hell after the New 52 I've become mostly Marvel.  
30t6p3b.gif
I want **** Bat and my Tim-Tam back
I need to catch up....thanks for that

Back
Top Bottom