The barber is charging you how much?! Vol. Real Life Curb Your Enthusiam Scenario

TLDR:
-I've always struggled to find good, consistent barbers.
-My friend takes me to this shop and barber does a good job. So I keep on going back.
- While talking I found out that the barber is charging me almost 2x times as much as he does my friend, and other people
DESPITE their cuts being more complicated and probably taking more time.

Question
-SHOULD I MENTION THIS TO THE BARBER?

yes. ask that scrub why he trying to rook you or be a g and walk out after he cuts your hair.

You dont know why they get charged less.
Maybe he owes them favors outside of the barber shop?
Its really none of your business either way.

The others are probably longer customers while his base price rose for new ones

Have another friend go get a cut and see what he charges

New guys don't get cuts for the low! Ya boy not gonna speak up cuz he likes that discount.

Chances are these other guys been coming to that Barber for years.

You either gotta build better rapport with dude lining you up or find a cheaper barber

The days of the traditional modest professional barbers are long gone...you are now stuck with narcissistic fools who arent even licensed but are very talented with clippers and and know how to sell themselves on social media.
You really cant expect too much professionalism or shop loyalty or stability with this new younger mindset of hustler barbers..they come and go and also shop owners are as greedy as ever these days to the point they don’t even care if someone unlicensed wants to rent thier chairs.

You literally got fools out here handing out business cards with “Master Barber” Titles and they never even finished high school.

I've seen a trend in the barbershop business, ever since the Instagram took over social media barbers have been charging insane prices and showing off their work to justify the cost.

Seems like every barber is a personal stylist or something. Seen prices range from 40 and up for a cut. Everybody is doing personal house calls for 100 now also. This is not in a white collar city mind you.

Learnt to cut your own hair. My old barber got gassed off IG followers and went from charging $17 to $30+. Haven't stepped foot back in that barbershop since last spring. These cats are something else.

Lol my old barber did the same.

Started cutting Bengals players and got gassed.

He live and all, but not $35 live.

It's 2 other shops in my hood and I know a few. ✌

Stop giving these fools get ya hard earned money and letting them run them dirty *** clippers through ya head....

Fools out here charging $30+ for a haircut yet they aren't even educated or care enough to buy actual necessary sanitizing equipment.
What yall thought a toothbrush and alcohol based spray is good enough for clipper surfaces???
See this is what people don't learn because they never had any real formal training in this field.

Straight nasty....SMH
tenor.gif

BTW I'm a 18 year Maryland State Licensed Barber

My barber bumped his prices up to weed out new customers, because he was getting so booked and his loyal customer couldnt get appointments when they wanted. But kept the same price ive been paying for 8 years to me.

My friend who used to cut me in his garage just opened a shop, and charges me less then the other clients due to how long we have known each other.

Friends wife went to beauty school, free cuts :smokin I do occasionally go to the barber shop though they got a good deal on a cut and straight razor shave combo... Best shave ever.

Rocking the baldy and I'm pretty nice with the Andis for my beard so I don't miss the barbershop hassle. For Christmas though my gf got me a facial/hot and cold towel treatment/shave from the Art of Shaving. Whole joint came out to $145 :sick:

Though I'd never pay that much for it she wanted me to experience it and it was worth it but not $140+ worth it.

My barber still charges 7 for a shape-up and 12 for a cut. Since I've been an adult I've always given him 20 just because I know those are community service rates. Lately it does seem like barbers are getting ahead of themselves with these prices though especially if they are younger.

My girl paid for a haircut a couple months ago just to see what it looks like since I've been cutting mine since HS. 25+tip :smh: just imagining all the money I didn't have to spend all these yrs :smh:

My barber still charges 7 for a shape-up and 12 for a cut. Since I've been an adult I've always given him 20 just because I know those are community service rates. Lately it does seem like barbers are getting ahead of themselves with these prices though especially if they are younger.

Why not though its a hustle....and fools willing to pay big $$ to be out here rocking a fresh South of France err day.
Fools complain about high *** prices but still pay them...because they aren't self sufficient.
There is always gonna be ignorant broke baby mamas who put Jays on they toddlers feet and pay extra to have they lil man rocking a complex haircut he really doesn't even care about at that age.
Trust me its always that mother who comes in talking about some

"hey can you cut my son like this..he would look so cute"
97c4a530a545b27cc745560ba22961a4--little-black-boy-haircuts-nice-hair-cut.jpg

Meanwhile lil homie crying and squirming scared of the clippers.
When kiddo really don't give a damn about a fancy cut..

Why not though its a hustle....and fools willing to pay big $$ to be out here rocking a fresh South of France err day.
Fools complain about high *** prices but still pay them...because they aren't self sufficient.
There is always gonna be ignorant broke baby mamas who put Jays on they toddlers feet and pay extra to have they lil man rocking a complex haircut he really doesn't even care about at that age.
Trust me its always that mother who comes in talking about some

"hey can you cut my son like this..he would look so cute"
97c4a530a545b27cc745560ba22961a4--little-black-boy-haircuts-nice-hair-cut.jpg

Meanwhile lil homie crying and squirming scared of the clippers.
When kiddo really don't give a damn about a fancy cut..

LMAO, you right about that single mom walkin into the barber shop with her son complaining about the price for the fade.

That reference hits so close to home smh.

Back
Top Bottom