The barber is charging you how much?! Vol. Real Life Curb Your Enthusiam Scenario

Haven’t had a haircut since August / September. I don’t feel like paying $15 + $5 tip for haircuts. Gonna keep growing it until maybe the spring or summer and rock this AJ Styles like hair. Been watching a lot youtube haircut tutorials and think I can do a decent, simple fade now. Also need to get new clippers.

I need to get a lineup but with the way y'all say these barbers charging for basic ish, I may just do it myself

My jaw is dropping at the prices some of y'all are paying. $30+ every week? I'm in the Navy so I got my hair cut for free while I was stationed on the ship. Didn't pay for a haircut for 3 years. Now I go to this Urban Barber School where students give me haircuts for $8. They do a good job too. It's hard to mess up a 1 guard with a line-up.

I pay $40 + $10 tip, going to a mens salon once a month. Includes the cut, a shampoo rinse before and after the cut, hot towel for the face, and she gives me a nice neck/shoulder massage at the end.

My old barber had a shop in north Hollywood back in the day always charged me a dub sometimes free with a tip. He would brag about how Michael jai white or ray jay would come through and he’d charge them 100 plus tip.

I pay $40 + $10 tip, going to a mens salon once a month. Includes the cut, a shampoo rinse before and after the cut, hot towel for the face, and she gives me a nice neck/shoulder massage at the end.
For 50 dollars it better come with a happy ending after the neck massage

I get a skin fade with a beard shape up. Eye brows and Stache line up. For 20.

Dollar or 2 tip.

Anything more is robbery.

And quick tip. In a new shop go for a liscense barber over the non liscensed. My current babrber is not liscensed becuase he lazy but he is great with all hair.

But he the outlier unless you got people vouching for a non liscensed Barber, don’t test em

Growing up I used to roll one up and smoke with my uncle and he would only ask me for a 211 after we were done.
Nowadays i grow my hai out and have my girl cut the ends.

Lol I went to my homies barber one time
I paid him 20 and this ***** passed me some reggie during the haircut lmaooo
I didn't know if I was supposed to tip him good or naw cuz it was reggie :rofl:

I get a skin fade with a beard shape up. Eye brows and Stache line up. For 20.

Dollar or 2 tip.

Anything more is robbery.

And quick tip. In a new shop go for a liscense barber over the non liscensed. My current babrber is not liscensed becuase he lazy but he is great with all hair.

But he the outlier unless you got people vouching for a non liscensed Barber, don’t test em
:sick:

manin, eso é pà palomos

unless he charges his boys $10, you’re an easy dub for the simple fact that you are paying $30-$40 for a haircut

somebody gotta get finessed ***** why not you

My jaw is dropping at the prices some of y'all are paying. $30+ every week? I'm in the Navy so I got my hair cut for free while I was stationed on the ship. Didn't pay for a haircut for 3 years. Now I go to this Urban Barber School where students give me haircuts for $8. They do a good job too. It's hard to mess up a 1 guard with a line-up.

Man....You in the A right? Suburban Atlanta got the best prices for haircuts.

Used to go to this spot in Gwinnett where they had $8 Wednesday’s (when I was in college). Used to slip yo a $10 and be good.

I miss that.

TLDR:
-I've always struggled to find good, consistent barbers.
-My friend takes me to this shop and barber does a good job. So I keep on going back.
- While talking I found out that the barber is charging me almost 2x times as much as he does my friend, and other people
DESPITE their cuts being more complicated and probably taking more time.

Question
-SHOULD I MENTION THIS TO THE BARBER?

That should have been discussed before you even got the cut. If your homie knew he was getting a discount he should have told you that as well.

giphy.gif

Who is this? :smokin

I was side eyeing these odd *** totals myself.

$17, $23, $28.....y'all really need the change, just pay da man and keep him happy. Your future cuts will appreciate that.

Man....You in the A right? Suburban Atlanta got the best prices for haircuts.

Used to go to this spot in Gwinnett where they had $8 Wednesday’s (when I was in college). Used to slip yo a $10 and be good.

I miss that.

I went from paying $25 to $40 in 2yrs in ATL. Barber switched locations and started cutting out of a private studio by appointment only. It was nice, but costly

Like I ranted in that thread from a while back.
30 for a cut is ridiculous. It does not take an hour for a half (top and back) and line my beard up with the thin clippers.
If a barber can cut two customers in an hour and they both pay $15, that is $30 bucks an hour, you're straight duke, and that's all in pocket no Uncle Sam.

You got Netflix? Two cuts a month and that is triple what you pay for a streaming service. Mind you, this is at $15 cuts here, $30!!!? So a month of your high speed internet bill is equal to two cuts now?

tenor.gif

What's you hairline like? If the latitude isn't the same as it was in high school:
4a4.gif
I look like my pops now so there's really no point in trying to hang on, I'm "coming home" soon. Shaving cream and razor to the scalp, lose some fat, gain muscle, problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom