***THE best shoe to ball in from the Kobe Line (including 2k4s)???***

which ones are the best?

so far, this is the best basketball shoe i have ever played in:

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
2k4_blk_gry_5.jpg

unfortunately, my 3rd pair just died, and i'm wondering whether i should look for another pair of 2k4s, or if there is another shoe in the Kobe line thatbeats them.

any suggestions/input?

kobe IIs for me. they were the only shoe in the entire line that wasnt missing something to me.

2k4: no ankle support at all
kobe I: no ankle support, not very durable.
kobe III: terrible traction.
hyperdunk: lunar foam, nothing else need be said.
kobe IV: see hyperdunk.

I can say confidently that the 2k4s have great ankle support. They've saved my ankles from rolling severely a good dozen times in the 4 years of wearingthem.

didn't have the ii or iii. rankings are subjective of course, but among the 2k4, zk1, zkiv and HD, for pure performance, I would say, in order, zkiv, 2k4,zk1, HD. If durability is part of the equation, then it becomes 2k4, zk1, zkiv, HD. I am 170 pounds, 5'11".

Note that there is a big gap for me between the third and fourth spots in both lists, as zkiv, 2k4 and zk1 are all Great shoes, capital G. HD was just ok, notgreat. Fit was terrible, overly restrictive feel negated the weight savings, durability was terrible, traction was bad.

I've played in these twice a week for 3 hours since they dropped on release day. Still going strong.

Almost too beautiful to touch.

Originally Posted by abernja

I've played in these twice a week for 3 hours since they dropped on release day. Still going strong.

Almost too beautiful to touch.

i personally think they're the most terrible shoes from kobe. the first time i tried on it doesnt even feel comfortable and its not flexible enough. ididnt even bother ever since. cant believe kobe dropped 81 pts in these. i'd say the kobe 2 is a good shoes. lightweight and good ventilation

I don't really know what's up with the kobe line (not including the huarache series, i loved them both). First he drops the zk1, which were great(maybe i'm bias because i had all of my career highs in them (25, then 28 then 32). Then he dropped the zkii, which felt horrible to me. The zk3 werepretty good, and the hyperdunks killed my feet. Finally the zk4... these are pretty awesome shoes. Still waiting for them to break in. But overall, i would sayfrom best to worst (personally): tie between the zk4 and the zk1, then comes the zk3, hyperdunks and zk2. Again, that does not include the huarache line.

Back
Top Bottom