The Blueprint 2 Appreication Vol: Very Underrated and Most Hated

d742510eeca047a7ed9d28861880692ae5f8ae5.jpg

This is an incredible piece of work. Theres something for everybody on each disc and is the point in Jay-Zs career(Between the BP1 and TBA) where he established himself as one of the GOATs. Heres a track by track breakdown of the double cd.

Disc 1 Tracklist:
1. A Dream: Very weak track that once again invokes the spirit of the Notorious B.I.G. IMO the weakest intro track of all Jay albums. 2/5
 2. Hovi Baby: This is the crown jewel of the Gift disc and easily top 10 Jay songs. Some of the best wordplay ever 5/5
3. The Watcher: Great collabo between the 3 rappers, eerie beat, and good chorus. All three rap verses are awesome no weaknesses. 4.5/5
4. 03 Bonnie and Clyde: Simple catchy single with a 2pac beat and some Prince lyrics. Very Underwhelming for these 2 3/5
5. Excuse Me Miss: Nice and classy track that helps the album recover nicely for the previous overblown song. 4/5
6. What They Gon Do: Trainwreck plain and simple 2/5
7. All Around The World: Nice smooth song with solid lyrics 4/5
8.Poppin Tags. Nice To see Jay use the rapid fire flow and 2 southern greats is a plus also. 4.5/5
9 $%%# All Nite: Simple commercial song that doesnt add or take away anything from the cd 3/5
10. The Bounce: Disaster songs with 3 greats producing utter trash 2/5
11. I Did It My Way: Classic song that delivers a great message. 4.5/5

Over all : 3.5

The Curse Disc
1 Diamonds Is Forever: Much better opening track then A Dream with a good beat and solid lyrics 4/5
2. Guns and Roses: Nice Rock and Roll track with nice slick one-liners 4.5/5
3. U Don't Know Remix: Not as good as the original but better than some will have you to believe 4/5
4. Meet The Parents: Classic in every since of the world. Good wordplay and imagery 5/5
5. Some How Some Way: Beans Jay and Face son the same track nuff said 5/5
6 Some People Hate: Classic battle track with Kanye blacking out with the beat and Jay spazzing
sick.gif
5/5
7. Blueprint2: Shoulda released this as an answer to Ether  instead of Supaugly. Really would been a final solid effort in the war of the greats. 4.5/5
8. N Please: Horrible song point blank period 1/5
9. 2 Many $!+%: Equally as horrible as previous song 2/5
10 Ballad for the Fallen Soldier: Love this song so much introspect and meaning 4.5/5
11. As One: great roc collabo 4/5
12: Show You How: Great beats and a phrase that dominated my Jr High days 4/5
13: !%%@!%* and Sisters: Every teenage boy should be forced to listen to this song for a year str8 5/5
14. What They Gon Do: Slight upgrade to a horrible song 2.5/5

Overall: 4.5 out of 5
The Entire BP2 Overall:  4/5

I admit It Would of been better as a Single 15 track album
ohwell.gif

the album is just on the lower end to me...
the great songs are actually great songs but the throwaway songs hurt it and the fact its a double disc n poorly executed

its only better than KC n Dynasty in his discography imo....on par with Vol. 3 n BP3 but they honestly got more burn for me

____ please was one of my fav songs

seems like tryna glorify the actual garbage songs with your ratings

and this thread was far from necessary, it's being discussed in the very thread that made you make this one

Originally Posted by All Ready

____ please was one of my fav songs

seems like tryna glorify the actual garbage songs with your ratings

and this thread was far from necessary, it's being discussed in the very thread that made you make this one

indifferent.gif
If it bothers you so much then why did you take time out of your "life" to post in this thread

This thing is FAR from a classic, c'mon now.

If he would have taken the best songs from each disc, and just had one very solid single disc....then maybe we can talk.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I've always said this album was a classic. Yes, classic.

no. if jay put all he good tracks into one album, then maybe. i actually loved What They Gon Do, the remix even more.

It's overlooked cause it followed up BP.

Jay even said it himself that his thoughts/influences were all over the place when he made this joint.

Either way... Jay at his lyrical peak, with Ye at his raw production peak (IMO) what more could you want?

Spoiler [+]
Joint that made me even wanna make beats in the 1st place.
smh.gif

pimp.gif

"Some people hate" is my #!*!!! Song is to dope! Probably one of my favorite Jay tracks. 'Ye did his thing 
pimp.gif

HONESTLY... Alot of ya'll are saying "Hovi Baby" this, & "Hovi Baby" that, SOLELY BECAUSE OF JUST BLAZE.

Just Blaze is a son of a gun for making that beat.
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Defitnely top 10 of his catalogue....

But that's the only reason ya'll riding that song. Hov didn't have any (well, many) jaw-dropping lines on that track...

+

BP2 is underwhelming
ohwell.gif

BUT alot of "classic" albums have FILLERS on them... #JustSayin

A very good album, definitly underrated.

Some of his best story telling here... Meet The Parents
eek.gif

A lot of really good songs on this album...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

HONESTLY... Alot of ya'll are saying "Hovi Baby" this, & "Hovi Baby" that, SOLELY BECAUSE OF JUST BLAZE.

Just Blaze is a son of a gun for making that beat.
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Defitnely top 10 of his catalogue....

But that's the only reason ya'll riding that song. Hov didn't have any (well, many) jaw-dropping lines on that track...

+

BP2 is underwhelming
ohwell.gif

BUT alot of "classic" albums have FILLERS on them... #JustSayin

7fe3505bef3e8ccae7e477ce3120ee275c76e1c.gif

Back
Top Bottom