The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

$520 on a '06 M45

Got a steal but I totaled the last whip and was a lil upside-down on the balance to and got it transferred.

$520 on a '06 M45

Got a steal but I totaled the last whip and was a lil upside-down on the balance to and got it transferred.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

I'm confused, are these payments for leasing or financing?

370/60 months? no thanks

you do realize that $370 over 60 months is only $22k?
roll.gif

for a car, considering that the price includes tax + interest, $22k is not bad
when its for a 06 altima it's bad to me, especially when I can cop one right now for 10k

yep

to each their own

thats why i said a page or 2 back i would NEVER buy a generic car like camry, altima, accord brand new.
So, instead you would buy a luxury car brand new?   [Morgan Freeman in Batman Dark Knight] Good Luck [Morgan Freeman in Batman Dark Knight]
no,

im just against brand new car buying i guess period

example my mom just got a 07 lexus GS this month fully loaded......................msrp on that thing was 52k in 07

its now a CPO (certified pre owned) with an even better warranty than if you bought it new..........now its like 6 years 100k.........car only has 30k on it an she got it for 20k cheaper.

idc if you make 50k or 500k............................i would just buy something a lil used or a year late...........cars depreciate like crazy

ok, good for her that she saved a bunch of money she could use for something better.  But your argument only applies if you are not in NEED of a car at the time or just looking to get ANY car.  When I got my 09 Altima, I didn't liked the Altimas from the previous years.  so i'm suppose to wait another 3 years before I get the 09 Altima and hold off on the places that I want to go that I can only get to with a car?  Life is short my friend, and its never certain what's going to happen tomorrow.  If I don't need a car then I'll just wait but if I'm shopping for a car at the time and Altimas are my only consideration based on my budget then i'll go for the 09 compared to the 06.  Ok, you could say that I can go ahead and get the 08 Altima which is quite similar to the 09 but that is only a "little" cheaper, I mite as well pay a little more and get it brand new.  But thats just me.  

Originally Posted by cguy610

I'm confused, are these payments for leasing or financing?

370/60 months? no thanks

you do realize that $370 over 60 months is only $22k?
roll.gif

for a car, considering that the price includes tax + interest, $22k is not bad
when its for a 06 altima it's bad to me, especially when I can cop one right now for 10k

yep

to each their own

thats why i said a page or 2 back i would NEVER buy a generic car like camry, altima, accord brand new.
So, instead you would buy a luxury car brand new?   [Morgan Freeman in Batman Dark Knight] Good Luck [Morgan Freeman in Batman Dark Knight]
no,

im just against brand new car buying i guess period

example my mom just got a 07 lexus GS this month fully loaded......................msrp on that thing was 52k in 07

its now a CPO (certified pre owned) with an even better warranty than if you bought it new..........now its like 6 years 100k.........car only has 30k on it an she got it for 20k cheaper.

idc if you make 50k or 500k............................i would just buy something a lil used or a year late...........cars depreciate like crazy

ok, good for her that she saved a bunch of money she could use for something better.  But your argument only applies if you are not in NEED of a car at the time or just looking to get ANY car.  When I got my 09 Altima, I didn't liked the Altimas from the previous years.  so i'm suppose to wait another 3 years before I get the 09 Altima and hold off on the places that I want to go that I can only get to with a car?  Life is short my friend, and its never certain what's going to happen tomorrow.  If I don't need a car then I'll just wait but if I'm shopping for a car at the time and Altimas are my only consideration based on my budget then i'll go for the 09 compared to the 06.  Ok, you could say that I can go ahead and get the 08 Altima which is quite similar to the 09 but that is only a "little" cheaper, I mite as well pay a little more and get it brand new.  But thats just me.  

So since were talking about car payments...I'm planning to buy my first car which will be a 2011 VW GTI. For example if the purchase price was about 25,000, Would you guys think it would be better to put down more than or less than 10,000? I'm looking to finance over 60 months. Im looking to get a vw gti because I work on these cars everyday, I can get parts for cheap, and tires for life.
pimp.gif

So since were talking about car payments...I'm planning to buy my first car which will be a 2011 VW GTI. For example if the purchase price was about 25,000, Would you guys think it would be better to put down more than or less than 10,000? I'm looking to finance over 60 months. Im looking to get a vw gti because I work on these cars everyday, I can get parts for cheap, and tires for life.
pimp.gif

4 years at 4.05 % on my 2007 F-150 payment is 417.01 a month $17,106.28 remaining

4 years at 4.55% on my wife's 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid at 317 a month $5,430.17 remaining

4 years at 4.05 % on my 2007 F-150 payment is 417.01 a month $17,106.28 remaining

4 years at 4.55% on my wife's 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid at 317 a month $5,430.17 remaining

My rule of thumb for an emergency fund = One full year of expenses. 

I think 50K for an emergency fund is exaggerated, but the more $ you have saved the merrier.

My rule of thumb for an emergency fund = One full year of expenses. 

I think 50K for an emergency fund is exaggerated, but the more $ you have saved the merrier.

07 Acura TL-S
236$ a month
done paying it in about 2 years, but if i put my mind to it i can pretty much pay it off in 6 months...just dont have the drive to.

my wife has an 09 Corolla S
330$ a month
about 4 years to go, 14k owed and this is the car that i see kicking our $** in the long run, specially when she starts school and can no longer work

everything has its pros and cons, dude saying financing a new car is stupid, are being real close minded.

financing a new car PRO's and CON's
-you are the first and only owner
-you have a peace of mind that the car wont leave you stranded and if it does most likely the dealer will cover all expenses to get it fixed, at least for the life of your loan
-is a constant expense you can plan around each month, instead of some unexpected expense (timing belt, overheating, alternator, engine) that can run you hundreds of dollars.
-cant beat the sense of getting into your own brand new car for that first time.
-besides a house, a car loan is the best way to build credit.
-much more wavy to pull up in a 2010 Camry than in a 1995 bmw to the front of a club...lol
-making payments on a devaluating asset FTL
-most cars lose at least 30% of their value the second you drive them out the dealer
-be stupid and you can be caught with a ridiculous interest rate and monthly payment that you will regreat after that first year, like homie whos paying 700$ a month for a bmw...idiot.

buying a used car cash PRO's and CON's
-cheaper insurance
-no monthly payments
-no credit build-up
-unexpected mechanical expenses
-mechanics that will tear your pockets apart and if you have little knowledge about cars, chances are you wont even know they are ripping you off
-not wavy at all...specially when you start investing 4k on a music system on a car that you bought for 2k.
-just a big #$@** headech from my experience.

I had 4 used cars...88' jetta, 94' corolla, 95' neon. 97' accord...after the accord i gave up on used cars....since 05' i had an 05' scion TC, 07' scion TC and my current 07' Acura TL-S
im not saying ive made the best choices when it comes to cars, i could have very well stood with my 07' tc and be good, but buying a used car is NOT better than having your brand new car, as long as you keep your payments low and stick to what you can afford financing or leasing will never be worst than taking a gamble on a car that can very well turn out to be a lemon and juice you for way more than a constant monthly payment would.

07 Acura TL-S
236$ a month
done paying it in about 2 years, but if i put my mind to it i can pretty much pay it off in 6 months...just dont have the drive to.

330$ a month
about 4 years to go, 14k owed and this is the car that i see kicking our $** in the long run, specially when she starts school and can no longer work

everything has its pros and cons, dude saying financing a new car is stupid, are being real close minded.

-you have a peace of mind that the car wont leave you stranded and if it does most likely the dealer will cover all expenses to get it fixed, at least for the life of your loan
-is a constant expense you can plan around each month, instead of some unexpected expense (timing belt, overheating, alternator, engine) that can run you hundreds of dollars.
-cant beat the sense of getting into your own brand new car for that first time.
-much more wavy to pull up in a 2010 Camry than in a 1995 bmw to the front of a club...lol
-most cars lose at least 30% of their value the second you drive them out the dealer
-be stupid and you can be caught with a ridiculous interest rate and monthly payment that you will regreat after that first year, like homie whos paying 700$ a month for a bmw...idiot.

-cheaper insurance
-no monthly payments
-no credit build-up
-mechanics that will tear your pockets apart and if you have little knowledge about cars, chances are you wont even know they are ripping you off
-not wavy at all...specially when you start investing 4k on a music system on a car that you bought for 2k.
-just a big #$@** headech from my experience.

I had 4 used cars...88' jetta, 94' corolla, 95' neon. 97' accord...after the accord i gave up on used cars....since 05' i had an 05' scion TC, 07' scion TC and my current 07' Acura TL-S
im not saying ive made the best choices when it comes to cars, i could have very well stood with my 07' tc and be good, but buying a used car is NOT better than having your brand new car, as long as you keep your payments low and stick to what you can afford financing or leasing will never be worst than taking a gamble on a car that can very well turn out to be a lemon and juice you for way more than a constant monthly payment would.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

07 Acura TL-S
236$ a month

330$ a month
about 4 years to go, 14k owed and this is the car that i see kicking our *%% in the long run, specially when she starts school and can no longer work

-cheaper insurance
-no monthly payments
-no credit build-up
-just a big @##$@ headech from my experience.

im not saying ive made the best choices when it comes to cars, i could have very well stood with my 07' tc and be good, but buying a used car is better than having your brand new car, as long as you keep your payments low and stick to what you can afford financing or leasing will never be worst than taking a gamble on a car that can very well turn out to be a lemon and juice you for way more than a constant monthly payment would.

got the car for invoice with 0.9% financing. you maaaad
mad.gif

07 Acura TL-S
236$ a month

330$ a month
about 4 years to go, 14k owed and this is the car that i see kicking our *%% in the long run, specially when she starts school and can no longer work

-cheaper insurance
-no monthly payments
-no credit build-up
-just a big @##$@ headech from my experience.

im not saying ive made the best choices when it comes to cars, i could have very well stood with my 07' tc and be good, but buying a used car is better than having your brand new car, as long as you keep your payments low and stick to what you can afford financing or leasing will never be worst than taking a gamble on a car that can very well turn out to be a lemon and juice you for way more than a constant monthly payment would.

got the car for invoice with 0.9% financing. you maaaad
mad.gif

^^^LOL QUE?...

how much interest are you paying on your toyota and acura?
on the Acura I dont remember off the top bro....but is not no .9% 
roll.gif
 I can only wish!

^^^LOL QUE?...

how much interest are you paying on your toyota and acura?
on the Acura I dont remember off the top bro....but is not no .9% 
roll.gif
 I can only wish!

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Damn $236 on a 07 TL-S? how much you put down?

I was gonna ask how the payments were so low since im looking into TL's and been thinking about an '06, maybe an '05..ksteezy how could you say how you got that deal?

Back
Top Bottom