The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

My boy has a 2010 Escalade, and It is like 800 a month
sick.gif

i paid 16k for a 2-year old monte carlo back in 06 and put 2k down ... it had leather, a sunroof and only 25k miles on it ... i put about 2k on rims, 2k in my system and 1k on custom exhaust ... so since 2006 i've been driving probably as good a car as anyone i know (cuz where im from you if you have enough cake to buy a beamer you buy a 96 impala instead) and all in all i will have spent about 22k on it when I finish paying it off at the end of this year ...

i'm happy with my investment and couldnt have asked for anything better ... i have 65k miles on it right now and just took a job where im either car pooling or taking the metro so my it's on ice ...

i paid 16k for a 2-year old monte carlo back in 06 and put 2k down ... it had leather, a sunroof and only 25k miles on it ... i put about 2k on rims, 2k in my system and 1k on custom exhaust ... so since 2006 i've been driving probably as good a car as anyone i know (cuz where im from you if you have enough cake to buy a beamer you buy a 96 impala instead) and all in all i will have spent about 22k on it when I finish paying it off at the end of this year ...

i'm happy with my investment and couldnt have asked for anything better ... i have 65k miles on it right now and just took a job where im either car pooling or taking the metro so my it's on ice ...

Again this guy is exaggerating emergency situations because of the one unique fiasco he had. It's that simple.

Neither of my parents have ever spent more than 1 day in the hospital. None of my close family members have ever spent more than 1 day in the hospital besides my uncle that passes away from ALS. It just doesn't happen to people that often. And if it did, they all have insurance. Again, 22k for 5 days is unbelievably terrible and unique.

Again, you are living scared because of what happened to you.

And make fun of NT, that's typical... I never said not to save. 10k-20k for an average American is perfect. 50k is just punishing others for your view of the world.

Again this guy is exaggerating emergency situations because of the one unique fiasco he had. It's that simple.

Neither of my parents have ever spent more than 1 day in the hospital. None of my close family members have ever spent more than 1 day in the hospital besides my uncle that passes away from ALS. It just doesn't happen to people that often. And if it did, they all have insurance. Again, 22k for 5 days is unbelievably terrible and unique.

Again, you are living scared because of what happened to you.

And make fun of NT, that's typical... I never said not to save. 10k-20k for an average American is perfect. 50k is just punishing others for your view of the world.

Iam happy to say that I am without a car note for the first time since '99. I last had a 03 concorde that I was paying 400 a month for. it was stolen in January and I then bought a 97 Buick Riviera in cash. I gotta say I love living without a note, but I do want a newer car. I want a vette for myself and a small sedan for my woman and kids.

Iam happy to say that I am without a car note for the first time since '99. I last had a 03 concorde that I was paying 400 a month for. it was stolen in January and I then bought a 97 Buick Riviera in cash. I gotta say I love living without a note, but I do want a newer car. I want a vette for myself and a small sedan for my woman and kids.

I agree that sometimes buying slightly used or with a CPO is better than buying new, but some of you guys make it seem like if I buy my cars used and pay cash they won't depreciate lol. Ok so say a new Civic/Accord/Altima/whatever costs say $20k out the door, and now some of you are laughing because you just found a comparable 08' for $15k. Well, if I had bought the 08' brand new 3 years ago I'd owe less than the $15k that it's worth and I would have had 3 years of use out of it.

I suck at saving money, so I can't see myself driving something I don't want while saving up to pay cash for something I do want. I was pretty stupid 4 years ago when I financed my car, and right now my two cars and work truck with insurance run me about $3k per month smh. In a year and a half they'll all be paid off, but I'll probably end up in something else with a ridiculous car note.

I agree that sometimes buying slightly used or with a CPO is better than buying new, but some of you guys make it seem like if I buy my cars used and pay cash they won't depreciate lol. Ok so say a new Civic/Accord/Altima/whatever costs say $20k out the door, and now some of you are laughing because you just found a comparable 08' for $15k. Well, if I had bought the 08' brand new 3 years ago I'd owe less than the $15k that it's worth and I would have had 3 years of use out of it.

I suck at saving money, so I can't see myself driving something I don't want while saving up to pay cash for something I do want. I was pretty stupid 4 years ago when I financed my car, and right now my two cars and work truck with insurance run me about $3k per month smh. In a year and a half they'll all be paid off, but I'll probably end up in something else with a ridiculous car note.

Definitely don't f around with that note ##*%. Straight cash...auto auctions. Wouldn't do it any other way.

Definitely don't f around with that note ##*%. Straight cash...auto auctions. Wouldn't do it any other way.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Can you explain this again?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Can you explain this again?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

$546.99 a month for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Learned a very important lesson in life.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

420 a month for this **%%**$ Dodge Charger

THEN...178 for this **%%**$ insurance. It WAS at 260. Then 220. Now 178.
sick.gif
smh.gif

It's been a year so I got a ways to go. Hopefully, my insurance will continue to drop. This %%%$ is for the birds.
should've just bought it used....we all know you didn't cop da one with da hemi....those v6 chargers go for PENNIES used.

sick.gif
smh.gif

It's been a year so I got a ways to go. Hopefully, my insurance will continue to drop. This %%%$ is for the birds.
should've just bought it used....we all know you didn't cop da one with da hemi....those v6 chargers go for PENNIES used.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sick.gif
smh.gif

smh

perfect example................

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sick.gif
smh.gif

smh

perfect example................

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Goddamn.

But yes next time around im def searching for used.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Goddamn.

But yes next time around im def searching for used.

09 corolla S 20k miles...paid 15.2 cash

No Car payment FTW

Spoiler [+]
jones junction bel air md, free oil changes and car wash for life always helps make the decision

Back
Top Bottom