The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

05 TSX for 7k @ a dealer auction
pimp.gif

I wanna get a tl type s for my next car but none have showed up..
man how you get info/an in in one of these joints?
You need to have/or know someone with a dealer's license. I work at an auction as a mechanic btw. But yeah, we have a honda financial account and hondas/acuras really go for cheap.

$440 on my '06 Impala....

BUT, I'm never buyin new again...this was just to give my credit a boost. Resale value FTL...

Next time, CASH ONLY...don't care how long it takes me to stack

$440 on my '06 Impala....

BUT, I'm never buyin new again...this was just to give my credit a boost. Resale value FTL...

Next time, CASH ONLY...don't care how long it takes me to stack

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

476 on a 08 eclipse

wth.............that much be like 24 months right?

lol the car was brand new when I got it, I traded in a 03 neon that I still owed 1,500 for it and naw more like 6 years lol the car came out to be like 28 thousand fully loaded sun/sound package with the body kit WITHOUT tax but o well I didnt care by the time its paid off it'll only have like 70,000 miles on it so its str8

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

476 on a 08 eclipse

wth.............that much be like 24 months right?

lol the car was brand new when I got it, I traded in a 03 neon that I still owed 1,500 for it and naw more like 6 years lol the car came out to be like 28 thousand fully loaded sun/sound package with the body kit WITHOUT tax but o well I didnt care by the time its paid off it'll only have like 70,000 miles on it so its str8

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

pimp.gif

You need to have/or know someone with a dealer's license. I work at an auction as a mechanic btw. But yeah, we have a honda financial account and hondas/acuras really go for cheap.

Yeah my pop's friend has a dealer license. I needed a whip urgently so I hit him up and he took me. Out of three choices I ended up getting the TSX for 7k Taxes and fees included. He said I overpaid and he's seen em go for lower with a little higher mileage, but im happy with the car only thing I wish it would have been manual.  

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

pimp.gif

Yeah my pop's friend has a dealer license. I needed a whip urgently so I hit him up and he took me. Out of three choices I ended up getting the TSX for 7k Taxes and fees included. He said I overpaid and he's seen em go for lower with a little higher mileage, but im happy with the car only thing I wish it would have been manual.  

Yup no payments ever again. Worse thing was I ended up sellimg my new car i've owned for 4 years. Last four cars were all used.

Yup no payments ever again. Worse thing was I ended up sellimg my new car i've owned for 4 years. Last four cars were all used.

eek.gif
at some of the responses, one person said 565 a month for a altima
laugh.gif
were is that mase laughing gif when i need it.

eek.gif
at some of the responses, one person said 565 a month for a altima
laugh.gif
were is that mase laughing gif when i need it.

Originally Posted by Ikaman

$280 a month (70 a week) on a 2004 jaguar x-type awd. car cost $10,000 put down $5000 with another $5000 left....

This!! The only way ill finance a car is if i have half or more then half to put down.  Financing a car without a huge put down is losing so much money. Its like dudes care to much about the cool factor, they are fine with being upside down.

Originally Posted by Ikaman

$280 a month (70 a week) on a 2004 jaguar x-type awd. car cost $10,000 put down $5000 with another $5000 left....

This!! The only way ill finance a car is if i have half or more then half to put down.  Financing a car without a huge put down is losing so much money. Its like dudes care to much about the cool factor, they are fine with being upside down.

97 accord i drive it to work had it since 04
just copped 04 tl 89,000 miles on it
back in 06 copped a 02 pathfinder it has 150,000 miles on it, a couple of yrs ago i just said lord willin will i never finance a car again     
wink.gif

97 accord i drive it to work had it since 04
just copped 04 tl 89,000 miles on it
back in 06 copped a 02 pathfinder it has 150,000 miles on it, a couple of yrs ago i just said lord willin will i never finance a car again     
wink.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by marion706

$701 a month for a 2008 328 coupe.

0.9% interest so meh.
right on me to
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
*e-dap*

on a side note, i heard that paying off a house (paying off the mortgage) is actually a bad idea? something about writing off the interest and some tax you have to pay with a paid-off mortgage.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong or educate me. i will be looking into buying property in the near future (next 2 years). TIA
You can deduct the mortgage interest and real estate taxes when you file your income tax return.  You want to find a prepayment calculator online to run the numbers to see how much extra you should pay each month. 

I've run different scenarios for different payment amounts.  There is like a sweet spot where you can bring like a 30 year down to like 22 years without paying alot extra.  However, once you get down to like 20 years, paying the extra money to further reduce it doesn't seem worth it.

http://www.decisionaide.c...lator/ExtraPayments1.asp

thanks for the info bro. i'll look into that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by marion706

$701 a month for a 2008 328 coupe.

0.9% interest so meh.
right on me to
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
*e-dap*

on a side note, i heard that paying off a house (paying off the mortgage) is actually a bad idea? something about writing off the interest and some tax you have to pay with a paid-off mortgage.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong or educate me. i will be looking into buying property in the near future (next 2 years). TIA
You can deduct the mortgage interest and real estate taxes when you file your income tax return.  You want to find a prepayment calculator online to run the numbers to see how much extra you should pay each month. 

I've run different scenarios for different payment amounts.  There is like a sweet spot where you can bring like a 30 year down to like 22 years without paying alot extra.  However, once you get down to like 20 years, paying the extra money to further reduce it doesn't seem worth it.

http://www.decisionaide.c...lator/ExtraPayments1.asp

thanks for the info bro. i'll look into that
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom