The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

For whoever is coming back for next season I'll kinda look at this like a Showtime thing.

Shameless and Homeland had some pretty weak seasons deep in to their run and they bounced back. Maybe, hopefully with some bts changes the show will get better. I imagine Lena's role being limited might have to be a part of that.

interesting. I stopped watching Shameless after Lip was about to go to college and then he didnt? I think. Didnt have access to watch at the time and just fell too far behind lol. Was that where it started to get weak?

interesting. I stopped watching Shameless after Lip was about to go to college and then he didnt? I think. Didnt have access to watch at the time and just fell too far behind lol. Was that where it started to get weak?
Damn that was like 6 seasons ago :lol:

There's a season where the family's mother, Monica comes back in to their lives and that was a great super sad season.

Not to spoil, Lip eventually does go to college and its a great season. The way it all ends up is great too. It's after college where things take a turn for Lip.

I know Netflix has all 10 seasons now.

Man Homeland turned to straight trash in season 4 or 5. I stopped watching and never looked back. :smh:

Ray Donovan coming back?

Lena is Shirley Chisholm now?? :lol: God she’s cringe

Dre foul for wanting to start the healing process. Easy for her to say since that ain’t her biological. Suppose to be married, living in the crib but was thrown out with an overnight bag :lol: I don’t like her character.

I be trying to pull for Emmitt but I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s just a **** up. Takes one step forward then takes a thousand steps backwards :smh:

Kevin goes from hating Afro to be given the ok to smash. Power of the P. Afro’s father ain’t beat around the bush. Asked Kevin that question like a grown *** man.

Ronnie’s cape came flapping and came to save Keisha from the pedo. But how it happened was just blah. Did the pedo get arrested? Did keisha beat him to death?

I knew I wasn’t the only one who that Maisha was serving someone in the crib when Papa came thru with the flowers. Seems like she was in a rush to get Papa to leave.

I miss the menacing Douda

Man Homeland turned to straight trash in season 4 or 5. I stopped watching and never looked back. :smh:

Ray Donovan coming back?
It became great again and they had a good final season.

Its up in the air with Ray Donovan. I don't know what the **** Showtime is doing. Sudden and strange cancellation. Ray/Liev did say later dont worry things were worked out to have a proper final season.

That was before covid though.

This episode is the stay at home kevin vs Keisha episode ....

papa need to relax

emmett could still hit

the abductor died

an episode without a lot of characters

we see snow on the floor so I guess it’s winter now 😂

cant be channeling left eye in your home bathtub

Last edited:
This either was poorly researched or some **** I aint know was common. In all the abducted/kidnapped stories I've seen or read I aint never hear about the victim just not seek any counseling or therapy not go back to regular life and just stay up in ya room, look up ya abductor, pretend to shower, etc.

That lost scholarship was a big blow. I was wondering if they were gonna write her off

All a bad look.

:rofl: :rofl: @ Dre with the THIS ***** towards Emmett saying what up.

Emmett being the key to some of Keisha's happiness before it all went crashing down with dumbass Papa comments. I just knew dude getting a second hand high would say some extra dumb ****.

Dre is done. Everything she try, do, or say is wrong :lol:

Damn Jada :smh:

:lol: @ that cgi fire. You want to burn something, burn it outside.

Sad focused ep all around.

I can’t say how common all that is but have to look at it as everyone handles things differently. He beat and raped her for 2+ months and thought she would die there so it’s understandable to be withdrawn from everyone and life. We also don’t know how much time passed from when she escaped to coming home so that’s another thing.

Emmett being that safe place for her was a nice touch. He kept things real with her and let know what’s up. I definitely got that feeling that he could still hit but even when her pops passed and she wanted some pipe he ain’t give it to her. He know his boundaries when it comes to her.

Papa just taking L’s every episode so like dude can’t catch a break. You pressed and p whipped over your best friend leftovers and now you buggin our off second hand vapes. I thought he was about to jump out the window for a min cause he kept pacing back and forth while looking at it. Don’t even know why Kev ain’t try to stop him from giving that money to her either.

I can see where Dre was coming from but ma seem like she trying to move to quick with things. Hell she probably moved quick with that wedding.

I know Master Zik Master Zik was glad we only dealt with scruffy voice for less than 5 mins.

That fire was definitely supposed to be outside. I was just waiting for that shower curtain to catch fire and the whole bathroom went up.

I also wanna say Kiesha friend ain’t ish either. Not only were you talking to the press but you just gonna speak bad about her as well then try to flip the script on her.

I forgot to add, Keisha and Emmett friendship is/was one of the best things the show had going for itself. Usually don't show friendships like that and keep it going. Now that it looks like Keisha may be stuck on the show they might want to come back to that a bit more next season.

And **** Ronnie.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't give a damn about Keisha's arc right now. I blame Jason Mitchell for this ****. It just feels forced and pandering for an Emmy nod. Her trauma is bigger than one episode, they could have given her half the episode and continue the other plotlines. But a full episode of Keisha doing a Jordan Peele character impression was too much. Kev was all over the place. The best part of the episode was Papa and the food.

Last edited:
Kev shoulder checks his mom because she won't let him hangout with his friends at the begining of the episdoe

Kev letting the f word fly and talking back later on in the episode :stoneface:

Ronnie is the last person that should be giving Kiesha advice. He is a homeless drunk who still is haunted by the murder he committed.

Finding Kiesha gave his life meaning but he found her so now he can leave? :D

Kiesha burning her thotwear and track awards in the bathtub with CGI fire :smh: :lol:

Highlights:
Papa taking the plates :rofl:

Lowlights:
Ronnie out of the hospital :smh:

Poppa: "Aint nothing wrong with a little bit of whip appeal. Aint that right, kev??"

Kev: :stoneface:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"****** INVENTED PLANES???"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DOG

THE COLLAPSE HOLY ****

I DEADASS THOUGH **** WAAS ABOUT TO BE A HUXTABLE MOMENT WHEN KEISHA WAS LAUGHING AND EVERYONE CAME TO THE TABLE

THEN POPPA BROUGHT THE MONEY OUT

AND **** WENT SUPER FAR LEFT :emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_cold_sweat:

AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF

AFTER **** WENT LEFT AND NOONE CAN REACH KEISHA, WHO COMES TO BAT WITH THE BASES LOADED???

RONNIE MF HOME RUN DAVIS :nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON BY DEFAULT

Ps bathtubs cant hold fires like that can they?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't give a damn about Keisha's arc right now. I blame Jason Mitchell for this ****. It just feels forced and pandering for an Emmy nod. Her trauma is bigger than one episode, they could have given her half the episode and continue the other plotlines. But a full episode of Keisha doing a Jordan Peele character impression was too much. Kev was all over the place. The beat part of the episode was Papa and the food.

Not to be insensitive but all of THIS (quoted post). I want to make it clear that my reaction to this episode is separate from the trauma that women in Keisha’s situation go through...but this episode was TRASH when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Unless I am mistaken, this season is only 10 episodes. There were three episodes left coming into today and they spend an entire one on Keisha’s storyline without moving the needle on an of the others?

1. What happens with Kev and Gemma?
  2. Does Ronnie bounce and how does he actually do that?
  3. How does Jake get back at Douda for killing his brother?
  4. Does Trig successfully get custody of Jake?
  5. Who wins the election and HOW do they win it (because they both aren’t above using underhanded tactics)?
  6. What happens with Poppa and Maisha/What is her backstory?
  7. How does Sonny’s 2.0 go?
  8. What happens with Tomas and Jada?
  9. Does Emmett come clean to Tiff? What happens to her/his baby/the living situation?

Those are nine things that have been brewing all season...and with three episodes left, they spend an entire episode (which was only 45 minutes) to show Keisha acting traumatized, Kev being a BAN and Dre/Nina fighting? As a few folks said, they could have done all that and had Emmett come through and smooth things over in like 10-15 mins max.

There are entirely too many outstanding questions heading down the stretch for a show that has already inexplicably abandoned major storylines in the past.

Not to be insensitive but all of THIS (quoted post). I want to make it clear that my reaction to this episode is separate from the trauma that women in Keisha’s situation go through...but this episode was TRASH when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Unless I am mistaken, this season is only 10 episodes. There were three episodes left coming into today and they spend an entire one on Keisha’s storyline without moving the needle on an of the others?

1. What happens with Kev and Gemma?
  2. Does Ronnie bounce and how does he actually do that?
  3. How does Jake get back at Douda for killing his brother?
  4. Does Trig successfully get custody of Jake?
  5. Who wins the election and HOW do they win it (because they both aren’t above using underhanded tactics)?
  6. What happens with Poppa and Maisha/What is her backstory?
  7. How does Sonny’s 2.0 go?
  8. What happens with Tomas and Jada?
  9. Does Emmett come clean to Tiff? What happens to her/his baby/the living situation?

Those are nine things that have been brewing all season...and with three episodes left, they spend an entire episode (which was only 45 minutes) to show Keisha acting traumatized, Kev being a BAN and Dre/Nina fighting? As a few folks said, they could have done all that and had Emmett come through and smooth things over in like 10-15 mins max.

There are entirely too many outstanding questions heading down the stretch for a show that has already inexplicably abandoned major storylines in the past.
Most of that is continuing in to next season anyway man :lol:

Kev and rich girl (they'll probably makeup before season end tho), Jake/Trig and Douda, Trig aint getting custody of Jake unless Douda is completely exposed in two rushed eps, etc.

Emmett might fess up he might not. He gonna cheat again next season anyway. I feel the whole Sonny thing carrying in to next season unless Sonny dies.

Main thing they'll address is the election, Nina and Dre, Papa and Maisha, Trig, and that's mostly it.

Some other stuff doesn't matter as much like Tomas and Jada.

Whole season hasnt been that good so lets not pretend we're invested in any of the newly created subplots

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom