The College Basketball Post

So ya telling me Roy shouldn't have called a timeout when Wisconsin went on that Roy mid 2nd half? Even Reggie Miller said "what is Roy doing, why hasn't he called a TO yet." .. Roy jumping up and down on the sidelines telling his players to pick up the pace after they clearly lost momentum was mind blowing to me, and this isn't the 1st time. (Louisville, both Duke games, ND come to mind).

Not taking anything away from Wisconsin, great squad, but damn UNC really could've/should've stole that one last night IMO.
How are we being cocky? WVU talked **** all week long and we kept it PC, didn't say anything negative at all.

Now WVU has pie smashed all in their face, got their cornbread snatched off their plate, and looking for sympathy?

FOH WVU, Daxter Miles didn't even score a point
laugh.gif

How can you guys hate on UK, seriously, they haven't been cocky at all, they aren't out here getting in trouble, pretty much kept a low profile all season despite being undefeated. Embracing the moment, having fun, and playing as a TEAM with no distractions but ya want us to lose so bad
laugh.gif
And Reggie Miller has coached how many games? And won how many championships? 

Dean Smith sat on timeouts the same way Roy Williams does...

And Reggie Miller has coached how many games? And won how many championships? 
Dean Smith sat on timeouts the same way Roy Williams does...

I'm not taking anything away from Roy's previous accomplishments but dude has been making some bonehead coaching decisions over the last two seasons.

Anyways, this entire team should be back next season, no reason they shouldn't be in the Top 5 and competing for a championship.

Last edited:
I just think Wisconsin was better. They hit some big shots coming down the stretch.

Roy burned all of his timeouts early anyway. While the Tar Heeks were out, the Badgers still had 3 left which was crazy.

Roy probably has about 3 years left in him. But there was no answer for Decker, and Kaminsky had most of our bigs on the perimeter leaving the paint open for Decker to go into attack mode seemingly at will.

He's a good player.

As posted above the Tar Heels will give it another run next year.

Last edited:
Man, UK boys turning into some cocky dudes 
laugh.gif

I'll be 100% honest and transparent...I want UK to lose really bad. (but, when they finish the season 40-0, I'll be the first one to give them credit where credit is due and congratulate the UK fans in here)
How are we being cocky? WVU talked **** all week long and we kept it PC, didn't say anything negative at all.

Now WVU has pie smashed all in their face, got their cornbread snatched off their plate, and looking for sympathy?

FOH WVU, Daxter Miles didn't even score a point
laugh.gif

How can you guys hate on UK, seriously, they haven't been cocky at all, they aren't out here getting in trouble, pretty much kept a low profile all season despite being undefeated. Embracing the moment, having fun, and playing as a TEAM with no distractions but ya want us to lose so bad
laugh.gif
First off, Cal is cocky and egotistical. There is no arguing that.

WVU was talking smack and didn't back it up, at all. I'm not giving any sympathy to WVU.

Kentucky is being cocky by tweeting/IG'ing all this stuff (which is unnecessary IMO) ...play the games, win, let your play do the talking. 

I agree with you on UK playing hard, staying out of trouble, etc. I just despise Cal and dislike UK b/c they are one of top CBB programs (like my favorite school is) ...and I would want any top program (UNC, Duke, UCLA, Indiana, etc) to lose if they were potentially going to go undefeated.

...and yes, I really don't like UK fans. (Other than the ones on here, don't have problems with you guys)

Last edited:
I'm confused where everyone is getting this WVU was talking smack stuff. A reporter asked Daxter Miles a question and he replied they would be 36 and 1. What was he supposed to say? That we are gonna lose? Nobody else on the team said anything. I expected the lynch mob to be out for us but this is a bit absurd.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy just making sure the facts are correct. If we were going to lose glad it was to Kentucky( who 36 other teams have also lost to) and not Maryland or Buffalo.

We weren't really that good of a team this season. Huggy Bear used the press to cover that up. Kentucky blew the lid off it. We made it a bit further than anybody expected us to. We were playing with house money even being in the sweet 16.

Our offense was atrocious last night for the record.

Last edited:
"Salute to them getting up to 36-0, but tomorrow they're gonna be 36-1," Miles said Wednesday before his No. 5 seed Mountaineers take on the No. 1 seed Wildcats in the Sweet 16.

Miles did not stop there.

"To me, they don’t pay hard," he said. "To me, they don’t play as hard as we play. Nobody is invincible, so their time will come and I think we’re going to pull it out."

West Virginia players were quick to note the example of the 2010 Mountaineers team that upset a No. 1 seeded Kentucky.

It wasn't just one player, Miles just ended up being the face of the bulletin board material.

Again, you can't run your mouth and then lay an egg like that. The media had field day with those quotes, every analyst hyped this "press" up to no end, and they dragged the 2-8 vs Huggy narrative out as well.

I could understand if they said the current Knicks or 76ers but they're getting out of hand mentioning 1 of the greatest teams in NBA history :lol: :smh:

Bruh. :rofl: :lol: :lol:

Just throwing crap at the wall, seeing what will stick. :lol:

People thought last night was bad. The 96 Bulls?! KAT & WCS would have approximately zero clue what to do with Rodman. Zero. :lol: Jordan would... Pippen would...

Why am I entertaining this? :smh:

I'm confused where everyone is getting this WVU was talking smack stuff. A reporter asked Daxter Miles a question and he replied they would be 36 and 1. What was he supposed to say? That we are gonna lose? Nobody else on the team said anything. I expected the lynch mob to be out for us but this is a bit absurd.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy just making sure the facts are correct. If we were going to lose glad it was to Kentucky( who 36 other teams have also lost to) and not Maryland or Buffalo.

We weren't really that good of a team this season. Huggy Bear used the press to cover that up. Kentucky blew the lid off it. We made it a bit further than anybody expected us to. We were playing with house money even being in the sweet 16.

Our offense was atrocious last night for the record.

You don't agree that Miles stepped over the line when he said UK doesn't play hard? Saying you are going to beat the other team is fine. But criticizing how they play? He did more than give an answer to a reporter's question.

Mike hart has done a great job at Tennessee getting football turned back around but he needs to be fired for running Zo off and for hiring Dirty Donnie without turning over ever stone

Cole Aldrich, Shane Larkin, Cleanthony Early, Tim Hardaway Jr., Quincy Acy

...those guys would all be arguably the best player on Kentucky, if they played on Kentucky.

Back
Top Bottom