The College Basketball Post

Xavier made 17 of 22 shots in the second half against Georgetown. JTIII has to be on the hot seat.
Should have been on the hot seat years ago. Too many blind Gtown fans. Guess they finally have come around to what I have been saying for ages.

I know the danger of saying this because there are candidates this year even, but is this Miami squad one of the worst teams in the top-10/one spot out at the end of Feb.? Nothing they've done is impressive, because anything that's been impressive has been followed up by a disappointing loss. Larranaga :pimp:

Who would be some candidates to replace him?

Ewing
Kevin Keatts
King Rice
Will Wade
Danny Hurley
And I'd make Archie Miller hang up on with the same money III is getting paid (it's a lot).

That's my wish list. I think Rice and Keatts are the most realistic and best fits. Keatts in particular. The job isn't opening this year though.

Johnny Dawkins was the runner up last time it was open, so maybe they'd go after Jeff Capel too. Tommy Amaker would make sense as well.

I like King Rice , Danny Hurley and Miller a lot.

As far as the Duke guys go Dawkins will be looking for a job soon, but I'm not sold on him . Capel and Amaker aren't the good game managers, but both are willing to do anything to get recruits.

I still don't get/agree with 'years ago'.

But yes, it's time.

The signs were there for quite some time. Same lethargic uninspired play year after year, always ending in some implosion in March. But hey, we always blamed it on the players. "they needed 2-3 years to learn the offense" ... Blah blah blah. The excuses were laughable, when the real problem was the head coach and his stubborn ways. Not adjusting to the personal you recruit is inexcusable as a coach.

Woulda been great had we got rid of him when Shaka was available.

7 out of 8 years they comfortably made the tournament...nowhere between 2005 and 2013 would I have let him go based on one game elimination scenarios, I just disagree. 2 of 3 terrible regular seasons and a downward trend, and I'm here.

Ben Simmons mailing it in?

dude looks checked out...

Why didn't he start?

Jonny Jones going down in flames.

@DraftExpress: TV broadcast asked LSU's coach why didn't Ben Simmons start? Johnny Jones: "It is an internal matter and we will address it after the game."

@DraftExpress: More from TV broadcast. Jones: "Academic matter, there are some academic things he needs to take care of. This is how we're dealing with it"

College kids are so dumb vol 23455; Jamal Murray's out here dotting eyes and dudes are helping off him one pass away.

@DraftExpress Watching game, Ben Simmons looks checked out, seems to be going through motions. Has 5 turnovers. Hasn't bent his knees once on defense yet.

@DraftExpress All you need to know about LSU's current state can be seen as timeouts get called. Bench absolutely lifeless. Ben Simmons by himself on end.

Yikes.

before the season I always felt it was going to take a smart coach to to get the most out of Ben Simmons and that recruiting class didn't think it was going to go down like this.

Last edited:
The entire team looks checked out. No Punter for UT and you get blown out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom