The College Basketball Post

There are of course the outliers like Ben Simmons, who leads his team in points-rebounds-assists (first SEC player to ever do that).... and he can't even shoot yet. Those variables aren't widespread when we're talking about anyone else that lacks the shooting acumen. He's so good as it is and will continue to expand the areas he's already excelling in, and the fun part then is: can you ******* imagine how good he can be if he did add that?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But the fact that so many other aspects of his game are going to be successful at the next level means he has a high floor and high ceiling.

Duncan Robinson finally hit a three. :smokin Tie.

Last edited:
Two of Simmons' more underrated attributes: court vision/passing ability and his ability to lead the break. He can do almost everything except shoot.

Wolverines.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Two of Simmons' more underrated attributes: court vision/passing ability and his ability to lead the break. He can do almost everything except shoot.

I wouldn't say those are his underrated traits, they're some of the first things that ppl mention when bringing him up lol

I wouldn't say those are his underrated traits, they're some of the first things that ppl mention when bringing him up lol
only thing that separated him from other elite prospects at his position and the first thing that pops out in his highschool highlight mixtapes .

His rebounding and purely raw athleticism is what catches people first. He's 6th in the NCAA (1st in SEC) in defensive rebounding... how do you watch an LSU game and not notice him eating up every board on the defensive end first? lol it's his best skill.

They just showed the updated Lunardi bit on ESPN:

Last 4 InL
Pitt
Monmouth
Vanderbilt
Saint Mary's

First 4 Out
Syracuse
UConn
Michigan
Tulsa

Next 4 Out
Valpo
Florida
Ohio State
George Washington

and Murray is a bad finisher by NCAA standards. :lol:

the question is about Dejonte murray.

and Ben simmons is in no way comparable to dejonte murray.

What do yall think about George Washington?'

They lost good amount of games they should have won and would probably get blown out if they make the dance

Last edited:
Murray can get there. He's a little like Will Barton to me when Will was in school. Lot of raw ability that just needs to be refined a bit.

Good thing Crean sat on those 3 timeouts.

Murray will probably stay to play with Markell Fultz next year and challenge Fox and Monk as best backcourt in the nation

GWU's a No. 5 seed in the A-10 Tourney and 6 of their 9 losses have come in the last two months I don't think they should be even close to possibly making the tourney. That game against Virginia was from the Bizarro World of Seinfeld and was back in early November.

Yes, I know we have to admit it happened. They beat Virginia, a win against UVA is a win against UVA that anyone else had. I know I know.

Minnesota just hired Ayo Taylor-Dixon as its Senior Associate AD. Spent some time at USF, Northern Colorado, known for marketing so doubt that anyone would know anything about him but if ya do quote this post, lemme know.

By the way, It was just announced yesterday Minnesota "is close to the decision process" of hiring a new AD after the Norwood Teague texting scandal that resulted in him stepping down in August. We're now in March, and the U is just 'close' to STARTING the whole process of hiring somebody new. :smh: Last month, news came out that Jerry Kill was quote "disappointed" about the U not making him an official offer for a position in the athletic department. It came out in the days after this that the U and Kill reportedly had a handshake agreement about a post-coaching position in the athletic department after the seizure he suffered on the sidelines in 2013.

The Board of Regents and U President Eric Kaler handle the decision process (they hired the search firm that found them Teague)... both the board and Kaler may be utterly incompetent, and I would typically not suggest that about an entire body of people because it'd be illogical but here? No I have no qualms about saying it in this particular case. Do your jobS this time. There's not a lot of confident in the state that they'll do that this time considering Joel Maturi, Tim Brewster, Norwood Teague, etc. etc.

Caris was better at 19. and he can shoot, thats really really really important.

I checked, chad ford has Dejonte at 23 on his big board, I disagree.

The NBA is changing and if you can't shoot you can't play, unless you are a great finisher. and Dejonte murray can get to lane but he's not a great finisher. that doens't work in the modern nba.
somehow i stumped onto nbadraft.net and they have him at 9th to the Raptors...the typical east coast bias. i havent caught a game of him, so of course i checked youtube, and what did i see?

all moves to the basket, all highlights. Not 1 jumpshot. So i figured id ask. 

Back
Top Bottom