The College Basketball Post

Dawg what are the pro prospects of the Edwards kid at Purdue? He went off and had a couple elite athleticism moves/dunks

Trier is an idiot.

If what the school is saying in their appeal is true...he should be back.

Arizona is appealing the suspension for the positive test, which the school argues is not a result of renewed PED use, but a residual trace of the steroid Ostarine in Trier’s system from 2016. That’s when Trier first tested positive for PED use, causing him to miss 19 games last season. Trier’s attorney Steve Thompson said Trier original ingestion of Ostarine was inadvertent and came as the result of his stepfather mixing it in a drink for the player.

tenor.gif

NCAA has a mess on their hands. What will these programs do about current players named in this report today? Bridges and Wendell carter both named.

This isn't even a great scandal. :lol: Scoured all those documents to see a few guys got advances? Guessing the guys playing now will lose their eligibility.

THIS is so stupid. Such a damn waste of time for the FBI to be involved in this. Go stop some real crimes like th NCAA making billions off these kids.

Years of investigation work...pain staking hours...wire taps...to find out, for example Miles Bridges mom got a $1,700 advance. The FBI is a damn joke. While hundreds of murders, rapes, assaults go unsolved.

That is what you came up with. Agents are paying for meals, advances, hotels, airfare, etc. Are you serious? If you are more than a casual fan you already knew this was taking place and had been for YEARS. If your school has got a commitment from a Top 50 recruit in the last decade you committed, what the NCAA considers a violation. So now we are going to have an NCAA tourney with Holy Cross and Northen Illinois in the championship game?

The NCAA needs to end all of this foolishness that they are for ‘amateurs’ and student athletes.

Years of investigation work...pain staking hours...wire taps...to find out, for example Miles Bridges mom got a $1,700 advance. The FBI is a damn joke. While hundreds of murders, rapes, assaults go unsolved.

That is what you came up with. Agents are paying for meals, advances, hotels, airfare, etc. Are you serious? If you are more than a casual fan you already knew this was taking place and had been for YEARS. If your school has got a commitment from a Top 50 recruit in the last decade you committed, what the NCAA considers a violation. So now we are going to have an NCAA tourney with Holy Cross and Northen Illinois in the championship game?

The NCAA needs to end all of this foolishness that they are for ‘amateurs’ and student athletes.
Hope these universities grow a pair and move on without the NCAA. Keep the money NCAA has been making off them to boot.

Like, does anyone actually care that someone is paying for a meal for Miles Bridges and Wendell Carter's families?

DSJ getting a $75k bag is a bit different, but I could honestly care less about that too.

Also, compensating players isn't going to solve any of this either. There is too much money out there to be potentially made.

In this thread, if we are asking if a player got a bag dropped off he more than likely did.

Reading this is anyone else surprised at how small the amounts are? DSJ got $75k but what is that in comparison to the amount that NC State made off of him and his talent. Small drop in the hat. Also I was assuming guys were getting bribes to go to a school. Seems like most, save for a few were taking out loans, paying them back or under the assumption that they were going to pay them back.

Wake me up when a kid is getting 2 or 3 million to attend a school. Wake me up when a coach directly linked to an agent, runner, etc that okays a bribe so that a player will go to that respective school. As far as I'm concerned this is a non story.

Back
Top Bottom