The College Basketball Post

I would be interested to know Iowa State's dealings. Two that stick out are Marcus Fizer (Iowa State's only McDonald's All American, Tim Floyd recruit) and Craig Brackins (4/5* under McDermott).

Dean and Roy were dropping off da bags and letting them take middle school level courses and got no penalties

GOAT **** :smokin

Damn, is that the end of dudes like DeAndre Ayton coming to college?

Not sure. The 125k might not be a whole lot depending on where you end up. But you do have the opportunity to get endorsements so that could be big money for a top guy. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Lavar Ball deserves to be in the basketball hall of fame for forcing the NBAs hand on this though

$125k even worth it to skip college?

Riding buses, playing in front of no crowds in middle of nowhere arenas, and getting bullied by older players fighting for their NBA lives?
See that’s where I kinda stand on this subject. Let me get $125k from boosters and party and hoop for 6 months at a Power 5 school. Don’t have to worry about the older dudes putting a target on you.

The folks in the NBA thread think that’s dumb though.

See that’s where I kinda stand on this subject. Let me get $125k from boosters and party and hoop for 6 months at a Power 5 school. Don’t have to worry about the older dudes putting a target on you.

The folks in the NBA thread think that’s dumb though.

Plus you have a fan base rolling with you as you enter the league. Will all come down to marketing. There is a guaranteed amount at certain universities. How much will the NBA put behind the farm teams to build these guys brands?

The same place Clemson’s football paper trail is. They don’t need the shoe companies for an in on a kid 1 hr away from
Clemson

They got proof that Self ok’d the payment to Silvio. Welp

Not that I don’t disagree with you but where do you see that?

Either way the damage has been done to the KU program and rightfully so. If the coaching staff and especially Self was that dumb to communicate so freely about actions that could be considered NCAA violations they deserve whatever punishments are coming their way.

$125k doesn't seem enticing for a 5 star prospect, Ferguson was getting at least $500k from Adelaide 36ers, idk how much Brian Bowen is getting from Sydney Kings but assuming something comparable

Back
Top Bottom