The College Basketball Post

I thought Iowa State might have a chance since he said he wanted to play both football and basketball. But I guess that's out since his top 3 don't even have football programs.
Speaking of Iowa State, I just got back from my honeymoon, and we were randomly hanging out with Dainte Garrett and his wife for a couple days. They were cool as hell.

We talked about hoops a little. Since he's playing overseas now, I asked what his thoughts were on kids choosing to play overseas for a year instead of college before the NBA. He was in favor of it. Says that if he were that level prospect, he think that it would have set him up better than a year in college. Actually being a professional and having to play against grown men every day. Learning how to deal with being an actual adult.

Speaking of Iowa State, I just got back from my honeymoon, and we were randomly hanging out with Dainte Garrett and his wife for a couple days. They were cool as hell.

We talked about hoops a little. Since he's playing overseas now, I asked what his thoughts were on kids choosing to play overseas for a year instead of college before the NBA. He was in favor of it. Says that if he were that level prospect, he think that it would have set him up better than a year in college. Actually being a professional and having to play against grown men every day. Learning how to deal with being an actual adult.

My interactions with Diante were limited, but he always seemed like a nice guy when he came into the store where I worked. Definitely interesting to hear his thoughts on one and dones coming from a 4 year player.

I think if the player is mature enough to handle it, then a pro league would be ideal. Some of these kids are like 6th grade level readers and can barely do basic math. At least the handholding they get at a college program gets them by as a bridge to the pros.

Every case is different.

This senile clown wake up and suddenly forget Winslow is a cornerstone of Miami’s future?

He forget that Battier is a staple down there in Miami as well? Burn them bridges tho...

Still don't get why these kids keep doing this to themselves...do they think it's a 4 round draft...realistically you are fighting for like 15 to 20 spots considering all the foreigners who get drafted
because you can get paid legal us tender to play basketball when you leave college.

either in America or overseas.

this is going to keep happening, College is going to have to start allowing the players to get paid just to hold on to talent.

Back
Top Bottom