The College Basketball Post

[table][tr][td]
There has been an on-going NCAA investigation concerning Shabazz Muhammad, and now we've learned the probe could be more involved, and that the NCAA is investigating fellow freshmen Kyle Anderson and Tony Parker...
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
The eligibility of star freshman Shabazz Muhammad is looking less promising, according to sources close to the situation.
There are also new developments: the NCAA is investigating potential recruiting violations in regard to two of Muhammad's freshman teammates, Kyle Anderson and Tony Parker, which could endanger their eligibility as well.

The NCAA has been investigating Muhammad, the 6-foot-5 small forward from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman, the No. 2-ranked prospect in the national class of 2012 according to Scout.com, since last spring. The charges involve Muhammad allegedly receiving improper benefits in his recruitment from boosters of his AAU program. The investigation has been focused on whether flights were purchased for some of Muhammad's recruiting visits.

BruinReportOnline.com has now learned that there is an NCAA investigation regarding allegations of violations involving Anderson and Parker. No details of the allegations were available, or whether they're related to the existing investigation into Muhammad. Sources close to the situation have indicated another college basketball program "turned in" evidence of violations in the recruitments of Muhammad, Anderson and Parker.

BruinReportOnline.com is unaware if UCLA is specifically named in the alleged violations.

Muhammad was deemed ineligible to participate in UCLA's recent exhibition games in China because of the NCAA investigation into his relationship with the AAU booster and the improper acceptance of flights was on-going.

Despite the new allegations, Anderson, the 6-foot-8 forward from Jersey City (N.J.) St. Anthony, and Parker, the 6-foot-8 center from Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove, were allowed to go to China. Parker didn't participate because of an injury.

Anderson was ranked the No. 4 overall prospect in 2012 while Parker was ranked No. 20.

Sources are indicating that, with these developments in the NCAA investigation, Muhammad's eligibility for the upcoming season has become more unknown. Reliable sources had speculated that, as a result of the investigation into whether he had flights purchased for him, Muhammad could have been sanctioned by the NCAA to miss the first couple of games of the 2012-2013 season. Sources close to the investigation are now indicating the punishment could be more severe.

BruinReportOnline.com has heard no details as to the extent of eligibility ramifications in regard to Anderson and Parker
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mike I've been reading on other UCLA forums that Parker and Kyle are likely in the clear and it's just Shabazz who could be looking at trouble. Have you read the same thing in other places?

Mike I've been reading on other UCLA forums that Parker and Kyle are likely in the clear and it's just Shabazz who could be looking at trouble. Have you read the same thing in other places?
bazz took money everyone knows it, nobody backed off tho cause they figured he would only miss a few games like selby did at kansas now it sounds like he may not play college ball at all

TP and kyle should be fine. some hating *** school told the NCAA both took money from an agent

People have insisted the Anderson's got paid. I never believed it but it's always been out there.

It'll be a shame if Shabazz never gets to play for UCLA, we really would have had a shot at the championship this year.

But his sisters raise from Adidas+the free trip to Duke+his AAU team being financed+his instagram :smh: = (dude doesn't even try to hide it. I know his parents do well for themselves, but cmon man don't give them an excuse to hate) I doubt he will play. The longer the investigation takes its more likely that he won't play.

Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way. I thought our AD was supposed to have some pull with the NCAA? Either way :smh:

told Jodie Meeks to quit shooting so much, made Josh Harrellson sit in a bathroom stall at halftime once, tried to make Darius Miller walk back to the hotel after suffering a concussion during practice, told Derrick Jasper he was a ***** and rushed him back from his knee injury... and was an ******* to Jeannine Edwards on tv because she wouldn't go out with him.
if he won, he'd get away with all his bull ****.
clown.
(thanks for sucking at UK for two years tho, it's been worth it.)

Dude was a joke,worst coach in UK history...

Tony Mitchell and Doug McDermott open the season against each other Nov 9th. that should be fun.

Someone on BRO thinks it was coach k but I'd guess Calipari first.

Leave My Coach out of these shenanigans please. I doubt Cal did it either considering the last thing he wants is other coaches having even more of a vindetta against him and being willing to reciprocate this action.

Regardless of who did it, if it got done they were foul, but this situation couldn't have been more obvious. Hell had Bazz end up at Duke I wouldn't be surprised if there was some funny business in the background. But to get a kid from the tri-state area who from the word go up until 1-2 months before he committed was viewed as a strictly east coast recruit... Then adding Tony...

I mean Russy turned out to be GREAT GREAT PLAYER, but besided Jrue, Kevin, & I guess Josh although he dropped drastically his Sr yr what High Caliber players have Howland landed? Serious question.

Last edited:
Howland's 2009 class was supposed to be high caliber. Honeycutt, Nelson, Moser were supposed to all be damn good.

And they all were pretty damn good college players.

As a whole...they obviously didn't live up to their billing. Individually, I'd argue they didn't either. Honeycutt, played well enough to get drafted. Moser...transferred. Nelson...his positives weren't worth the negatives. Morgan was awful.

I'd say as a whole that's the most disappointing class in a while.

Last edited:
Morgan was a member of that 2008 class. And he was awful.

Howland leaves a lot to be desired.

Howland brought in McCray to help him with recruiting this past recruiting season. Aside from these investigations, it looks like it paid off.

Back
Top Bottom