The College Basketball Post

It'll be a shame if Shabazz never gets to play for UCLA, we really would have had a shot at the championship this year.
But his sisters raise from Adidas+the free trip to Duke+his AAU team being financed+his instagram :smh: = (dude doesn't even try to hide it. I know his parents do well for themselves, but cmon man don't give them an excuse to hate) I doubt he will play. The longer the investigation takes its more likely that he won't play.

i was in vegas at the end of july and saw shabazz at the gucci store in caesars palace. he definitely wasn't trying to hide it haha he was pulling out racks of money and looked like he was trying to buy out the store with him and his girl. he was buying a LOT of stuff.

DaComeUp : I haven't seen anything new about Pelle.

norvel is signed with iona. his brother is my old AAU coach and he told me he signed last week. as long as his grades clear with the NCAA he should be out there either this week or next week depending on when he's cleared.

I mean Russy turned out to be GREAT GREAT PLAYER, but besided Jrue, Kevin, & I guess Josh although he dropped drastically his Sr yr what High Caliber players have Howland landed? Serious question.
what are you talking about? he has had top recruiting class's since he got to UCLA

Morgan was a member of that 2008 class. And he was awful.

Howland leaves a lot to be desired.
I didn't mean to say he was part of the '09 class...that post snuck in while I was typing my response to Cake.

And Morgan being awful doesn't change the fact that he was a very highly-touted, high caliber recruit out of high school.

Travis Ford says Marcus Smart is starting at PG. Smart/Brown/Nash/Williams/Cobbins + Olukemi is an interesting team. not one I'd trust, but interesting.

rumor is Rick Ledo is a partial qualifier (would not be ineligible to play this season but still enroll at school, which he has)

Last edited:
farmer(big time on the west coming outta HS), shipp and affallo(sp?) was in the same class right?

That was Howland's first class...

The BIG UCLA class was not the Honeycutt class guys, it was the 08 class that coined themselves "The Fab 5"

It was my son Jerime Anderson, Jrue Holiday, Malcolm Lee, Drew Gordon and J'mison "Bobo" Morgan.

Now on paper that class should have been HUGE and went to at least one final four...Holiday bounced after the frosh yr, Lee was only "decent", Gordon and Morgan left (Gordon was very solid, but Bobo is still garbage) and Jerime partied more than any college athlete ever.

That 09 class was solid with Moser, Honeycutt, Nelson, Lane and Stover...But Moser left, Nelson left, Lane just left, Stover got kicked out of the program...Only Honeycutt really contributed anything other than Reeves who was a headcase.

The 10 class was viewed as another success with Josh Smith, Tyler Lamb, the Wear twins transferring in, Carlino and Zeke Jones...

Smith hasn't lived up to this hype, but only his eating habits...Lamb has been pretty good but not the 5th best sg in that class...Wear twins are what they are, and Zeke Jones was a decent pg.

Overall, Howland HAS gotten top talent, it just hasn't panned out.

Can Ledo practice with the team at least? I'm sure him hanging around Providence with nothing to do will lead to good things.

I can't believe JP Olukemi is still in school. I played with him for a year in high school before he got kicked out and we're the same age (24).

I can't believe JP Olukemi is still in school. I played with him for a year in high school before he got kicked out and we're the same age (24).

WAIT...YOU WENT TO SONORA?? Cuz he only played there and in Louisiana lol...

Almost went to my school but our coach wouldn't let him start at the 3.

Last edited:
I believe partial qualifiers are allowed to practice.

(Que Johnson was ruled one as well at Wazzu. :smh:)

It's a gang of dudes like that in college basketball. Graduate HS @ 18, go to prep school. Play two years at one college, get hurt and redshirt or transfer/sit out, play two more years and you're easily 25 yrs old. :lol:

It's a gang of dudes like that in college basketball. Graduate HS @ 18, go to prep school. Play two years at one college, get hurt and redshirt or transfer/sit out, play two more years and you're easily 25 yrs old. :lol:

That's pretty much EXACTLY what happened...He went to a prep school, then OK St, got hurt and now has his sr yr lol.

— Since Billy has been at Texas Tech, 15 players have left prematurely.
— During his 18 months in Lubbock, over 30 members of the program, including staffers, have departed.
— One player was required to practice with stress fractures in both legs.
— Players often had to go for more than 20 hours a week (the NCAA limit) and at times had practices of over four hours in a row.
— “The team’s star player, Jordan Tolbert, cut his hand on the rim one day last year in practice and suffered a four-inch gash across his fingers. The next day, according to one source, Gillispie had the trainer bandage his hand and then instructed Tolbert to dunk the ball every time he caught it.”
— Before every game, Billy Clyde would require everyone involved with the team, including tv and radio announcers, to do a layup drill and if they missed, they had to run the steps of the arena.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...lispie-as-allegations-of-mistreatment-surface

and Billy G is still in the hospital getting treatment for high blood pressure.

— Before every game, Billy Clyde would require everyone involved with the team, including tv and radio announcers, to do a layup drill and if they missed, they had to run the steps of the arena.

I don't even believe that. Old, grown men were allowing Billy Clyde to bully them like that? Naw some of them geezers volunteered for that. I can't even see dudes in slacks and loafers running stadium stairs :smh: :lol:

you know when storys like that come out dudes like to go overboard with what happened. that last one doesnt even sound right

and again if his teams where winning this would be a non story

laugh.gif
 that last line is just ridiculous. Clearly, he's wrong in this situation, but I can't stand Jeff Goodman. The lengths that he goes to stick up for his buddies and then slander coaches that he doesn't like is pretty damn annoying.

Last edited:
farmer(big time on the west coming outta HS), shipp and affallo(sp?) was in the same class right?

That was Howland's first class...

The BIG UCLA class was not the Honeycutt class guys, it was the 08 class that coined themselves "The Fab 5"

It was my son Jerime Anderson, Jrue Holiday, Malcolm Lee, Drew Gordon and J'mison "Bobo" Morgan.

Now on paper that class should have been HUGE and went to at least one final four...Holiday bounced after the frosh yr, Lee was only "decent", Gordon and Morgan left (Gordon was very solid, but Bobo is still garbage) and Jerime partied more than any college athlete ever.

That 09 class was solid with Moser, Honeycutt, Nelson, Lane and Stover...But Moser left, Nelson left, Lane just left, Stover got kicked out of the program...Only Honeycutt really contributed anything other than Reeves who was a headcase.

The 10 class was viewed as another success with Josh Smith, Tyler Lamb, the Wear twins transferring in, Carlino and Zeke Jones...

Smith hasn't lived up to this hype, but only his eating habits...Lamb has been pretty good but not the 5th best sg in that class...Wear twins are what they are, and Zeke Jones was a decent pg.

Overall, Howland HAS gotten top talent, it just hasn't panned out.

This respons is why I asked the question. I honestly couldn't remember who he brought in, if Farmar/Afflalo was his or not..

I honestly liked Lee a lot, kinda disappointed that he didn't pan out to be better.

Harrison twins to attend Midnight Madness at Maryland on October 12th......Julius Randle attending the UK alumni game on September 15th

Back
Top Bottom