The College Basketball Post

I think its obvious Archie plays his best ball when he's running things. He's not the best decision maker(see last turnover) but he just looks more comfortable with the ball in his hands.

Am i crazy for thinking Bennett could make himself a top 5 pick this draft? I'd feel more comfortable taking him over some of the other top guys

Third 40 point win this season :smokin
Still don't really like my Bucks but we shall see come conference time

Don't like em either, they're still really good though and I believe they'll make another deep run.
Sully is missed though.

I think its obvious Archie plays his best ball when he's running things. He's not the best decision maker(see last turnover) but he just looks more comfortable with the ball in his hands.
Am i crazy for thinking Bennett could make himself a top 5 pick this draft? I'd feel more comfortable taking him over some of the other top guys

Not at all, especially in this weak draft class. I mean who are even for sure lottery? Mclemore, Noel, Bazz, Zeller (He might stay though) Poythress, MCW
None of those guys sans MCW & McLemore are balling like Bennett. In only 20 mins he can get you 25 and 10.
If he gets into better shape who knows, he's making himself a richer man every game though.
Also agree with you about Archie which is why I believe he'll be a good player at the next level, great one on one. He makes some Westbrook type plays though.

Another thing I've wondered is why don't any of the top guys ever pull a Jennings and go play in Europe?
They we're talking about it on the March Madness special and it's something I've always wondered.

Last edited:
Third 40 point win this season
smokin.gif

Still don't really like my Bucks but we shall see come conference time
Don't like em either, they're still really good though and I believe they'll make another deep run.
Sully is missed though.

Not at all, especially in this weak draft class. I mean who are even for sure lottery? Mclemore, Noel, Bazz, Zeller (He might stay though) Poythress, MCW
None of those guys sans MCW & McLemore are balling like Bennett. In only 20 mins he can get you 25 and 10.
If he gets into better shape who knows, he's making himself a richer man every game though.
Also agree with you about Archie which is why I believe he'll be a good player at the next level, great one on one. He makes some Westbrook type plays though.

Another thing I've wondered is why don't any of the top guys ever pull a Jennings and go play in Europe?
They we're talking about it on the March Madness special and it's something I've always wondered.
College- you get to stay in America, have all the girls, play on TV, play with AAU buddies/rivals, still go to the NBA

Overseas- you go to a foreign country at 18, practice twice a day, have to learn a new style of play, get paid but nothing crazy, etc

Its just not normal.  A kid like Wiggins could do it but the average kid with normal non-athlete parents or single parent situations couldn't do it.  Especially guards because of the pro adjustments. 

You could talk me into taking Bennett #2 or #3 right now. He needs to discover that there is another end of the floor, but everyone has flaws right now.

Archie is better when he stops trying to draw a foul on every play and just shoots the damn thing.

Last edited:
You could talk me into taking Bennett #2 or #3 right now. He needs to discover that there is another end of the floor, but everyone has flaws right now.
Archie is better when he stops trying to draw a foul on every play and just shoots the damn thing.

yea they was sayin bennett could **** around & play his way into the #1 pick when i was watchin the game. & yea i think thats exactly wat it is wit archie, he'll go to the whole expectin to draw a foul & end up throwin up sum wild outta control circus shot or turn it over

yea they was sayin bennett could **** around & play his way into the #1 pick when i was watchin the game. & yea i think thats exactly wat it is wit archie, he'll go to the whole expectin to draw a foul & end up throwin up sum wild outta control circus shot or turn it over
Bennett was out of shape pretty much all summer waiting to get cleared by the NCAA. He looked great in the Canadian training camp over the summer, but you can tell there's a lot of room for him to grow between now and March.

I think UNLV will turn up another gear as Birch gets into rhythm with the rest of the guys in-game. Still... Bennett is beasting and could easily go #1 if he keeps this up and has a good tournament.

Harrow continuing to improve, didn't shy away from playing a big game against a top pg.

down 4 with 30 seconds to go... Archie was in trouble... i'm SCREAMING timeout... no one calls it... turnover... Behanan dunk. ball game.

we coulda won that game... getting better tho.

Bennett has the Millsap game. Not saying he is, but they do alot of similiar things well.

I see the reke comparison Mike

Yi is probably a good floor comparison for Isaiah Austin.

Kelly Olynyk development has been mildly shocking, I remember him as a soft dude who took too many jump shots.

Also get david stockon off the ******g floor.

I've never seen a player recently utilize a redshirt season as well as Olynyk. It's a different person.

Iowa was so close yesterday, Marble off and Basabe being nicked up didn't help. Oladipo is a maniac, tortured Marble.

Marcus Smart is not my cup of tea but I understand what he does. LeBryan Nash, though? Loved him in HS but now I see nothing. No position, can't shoot, doesn't rebound. Powerful but not overly explosive. Should/could beat people facing up out of the post but doesn't do it.

Yesterday was scary but good win considering we lost there last year. Jordan Hulls does nothing, our best lineup is Yogi, Sheehey, Olapido, Watford, Zeller but Crean has a hard-on for him for some odd reason. If he isn't going to score why even have him on the court SMH.

Also, love Andre Hollins, kid is a shotmaker. JPZ, you still want to fire Tubby?

Last edited:
Tyler Olander and RJ Evans lmaooooo.

Its too bad that roster is so thin because Bazz is hooping this year and Boatright is playing well too. Calhoun, DDaniels, Giffey and Wolf only other guys who have any business on the floor. (And even then...)

Last edited:
Tyler Olander and RJ Evans lmaooooo.
Its too bad that roster is so thin because Bazz is hooping this year and Boatright is playing well too. Calhoun, DDaniels, Giffey and Wolf only other guys who have any business on the floor. (And even then...)

Olander is trash, thought he was going to develop into a decent stretch 4 but kid has nothing going for him. Nolan should get minutes over him at this point.

RJ can play, decent for quick runs as a glue guy.

Bazz can pull a decent Kemba impression in crunch time, too.

Back
Top Bottom