The College Basketball Post

I was the only dude in here that called Shaka smart to Texas a stupid move and ALL of y’all killed me for it
He’s a system coach, but at a place where he can’t or is scared to run it ...Can’t pass up that raise yo got tho

No coincidence that VCU ain’t fall apart without him by running most of the same stuff he had in place ...Multiple coaches later and still 20+ wins and tourney appearances

the only thing stupid about the hire has been him not running his system. Changed exactly what made him so good. Hasn’t finished top 200 in tempo since he’s been there. RIP Havoc

I feel like that **** didn't work anyway... he went to 1 Final Four. Almost a decade ago now. Then never made it out of the first weekend again, in the next 9 seasons... Never won a conf title, ever. He was a slightly better version of John Groce, IMO.

I feel like that **** didn't work anyway... he went to 1 Final Four. Almost a decade ago now. Then never made it out of the first weekend again, in the next 9 seasons... Never won a conf title, ever. He was a slightly better version of John Groce, IMO.
He was still making the tourney and winning at least a game tho, thats good for a the level of program VCU is on...It's better than whatever he doing at Texas now, and he has more talent...VCU still running alot of his system and they been better than Texas since he left

My issue is he aint even try to run it at Texas to see if it would work or not, just abandoned what got him the job soon as he signed the contract

Its hard to press the entire game against better athletes/players in a bigger conference. Guards are so good at high level D1 ball that they don't need a press break offense. Also, when you start recruiting at a high level those guys are less likely to buy into pressing full court the entire game. Those 3 and 4 stars at VCU stay hungry.

Not saying that it can't work at Texas but it will likely be more difficult.

This is all just my opinion tho

Oh they was fightin' fightin'
picard.png

Holy **** :wow:

Man almost caught a lifetime ban or charge for nothing, his seasons's def over

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom