The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

eyes.gif
Ratliff is one of the best nose tackles in football.

The DEs kinda suck. The inside linebackers suck. Nobody on this team can tackle.

Nose tackle isn't the issue.
why do we have 4-3 personnel and run a 3-4? he's had damn near 4-years and inherited half the damn squad ... smh

How do you figure we have 4-3 personnel? The DEs aren't 4-3 guys. The OLBs aren't 4-3 defensive ends. Ratliff is a nose.

We don't have safeties and we have no depth at nose or ILB... Haven't since Wade has been here. We have no depth up the middle of the field. It's not a secret why teams are running over us at times.

How do you figure we have 4-3 personnel? The DEs aren't 4-3 guys. The OLBs aren't 4-3 defensive ends. Ratliff is a nose.

We don't have safeties and we have no depth at nose or ILB... Haven't since Wade has been here. We have no depth up the middle of the field. It's not a secret why teams are running over us at times.

you dont think we would be better off with ware and spencer at d end with spears and ratliff in the middle ... james and brooking either mike or sam and someone else at the will? we have 4-3 personnel ... we dont have the linebackers to run a 3-4 ... Spencer can not rush the passer and play the run/pass at the same time and the 3-4 requires you to do that ... 4-3 DEs just GO and theres more commotion in the middle initially so the back doesnt squeak free ... ratliff is not a true 3-4 DT and him and spears up the middle would be nasty ...

i refuse to believe sean lee is that bad where he cant even get on the field ... all these other bum dudes we picked who are "pass rushing" linebackers look like midgets out there ... i say we find a 4-3 coordinator, a new head coach (gruden most likely) and a new coordinator who throws dez the ball at least 15 times per game ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i refuse to believe sean lee is that bad where he cant even get on the field
i think i read somewhere that the coaches dont trust him in pass coverage.  Scanrick might just be the worst corner i've seen in a while
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Yea, I'm checking in and also checking out of this thread.  Talking about trading the best player on the whole team?

well if you believe in the idea that we have MANY MANY MANY holes, he is the only asset who could yield substantial return ... You can pick up a 1st and 2nd rd pick or possibly two 1sts and a 2nd ... that's intriguing to say the least especially when you consider our needs:

Tackle and Guard on the O-Line
DE and/or true 3-4 NT
Two LBs who can play NOW
2 safeties and 2 corners who can play NOW

We need 8 players who are ready to play significant minutes ... We have 10 weeks to evaluate which rookies are worth keeping ... But we need to trade people in the off-season to pick up a number of draft picks ... We need two picks in the first round this year and have to hit on both of them to be relevant next year ... Honestly, i'd trade miles before ware, but i do know that we need draft picks badly ...

what a waste the 2009 draft was ... smh

The way I see it, if we're in the top 5 we need to take either Prince or Peterson.

6-10, Robert Quinn if he falls or Aaron Clayborn.

10-20, Ras Dowling.

20-32 either Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod for the O-Line.

I may even be tempted to trade the top 5 pick for a late first rounder and a second rounder.

Just pray Jerry doesn't fall in love with Green or Julio Jones or even worse Ryan Mallet...

Yea, I'm checking in and also checking out of this thread.  Talking about trading the best player on the whole team?

well if you believe in the idea that we have MANY MANY MANY holes, he is the only asset who could yield substantial return ... You can pick up a 1st and 2nd rd pick or possibly two 1sts and a 2nd ... that's intriguing to say the least especially when you consider our needs:

Tackle and Guard on the O-Line
DE and/or true 3-4 NT
Two LBs who can play NOW
2 safeties and 2 corners who can play NOW

We need 8 players who are ready to play significant minutes ... We have 10 weeks to evaluate which rookies are worth keeping ... But we need to trade people in the off-season to pick up a number of draft picks ... We need two picks in the first round this year and have to hit on both of them to be relevant next year ... Honestly, i'd trade miles before ware, but i do know that we need draft picks badly ...

what a waste the 2009 draft was ... smh

No, that's foolishness because you will have to replace Ware.  A 1st and 2nd rounder isn't worth it and no team is going to give up 2 1st rounders. 

You can trade Witten or one of the running backs but you probably wouldn't get more than a 4th rounder for either. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

The way I see it, if we're in the top 5 we need to take either Prince or Peterson.

6-10, Robert Quinn if he falls or Aaron Clayborn.

10-20, Ras Dowling.

20-32 either Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod for the O-Line.

I may even be tempted to trade the top 5 pick for a late first rounder and a second rounder.

Just pray Jerry doesn't fall in love with Green or Julio Jones or even worse Ryan Mallet...
roll.gif
roll.gif
Don't even put that im the atmosphere
laugh.gif
. I would lose my mind if that happened
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Trade DWare or Miles....
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yall kiddin right?

I'm out....
did you watch the game? o yeah, you missed the fact that miles dropped a td and a crucial big gainer when we were trying to drive ... i'm not saying either one of them isnt top 5 at their respective positions, but we need picks and dont have many assets to get them ...

everyone just saying o hell no you cant do that, let me know what the solution is ... develop talent? this coaching staff has been consistently horrible at that from day one ... We have people like Sam Hurd and Jesse Holley, all them no name bum linebackers from d2 schools and garbage safeties who are "being developed" ... at some point you have to say, what do we need and how do we go about getting what we need ...

i'd let miles go to the highest bidder if you can parlay him into 2 1sts and a 2nd or a 1st and two 2nds after that, do it ... we need picks ... we need players ... trade him like the lions traded roy williams ... you dont need 7 pro bowl receivers on a team ... Dez will be the best in the league very shortly and Roy has shown he still has it for at least a few more years ... unless you want to turn into the ******** and overpay for every FA, you have to build through the draft ... there's only one football ...  

hell if it's roy williams we have to trade straight up for a third, do it ... whatever we can do to stockpile picks we need to do ... use these 10 weeks to evaluate who deserves a spot next year and trade whoever has value in the offseason ... spencer, felix and miles would be first on my list because you can get two for one with their value ... obviously jerry wont do any of that because he's too prideful but he has to do something ... he is looking like a joke right now ...

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

I don't like the cowboys but I feel for u guys. Losing Romo is devestating. Even though many of u said he was over rated I though he was a top 5 QB. So what he never won the big game but he kept u guys competitive and put up points.
i always knew he was "better" than most, but he just doesnt have that killer instinct ... he has the gee-golly gene shared by wade phillips and is just OK with winning ...

i said it before and i'll say it again, we arent winning anything with the Garrett/Romo collabo ... it's just not gonna work ... and we are even worse at many other positions ... it's just a bad bad situation ...

felix jones sucks ... what the +#@# jerry was all giddy about that bum %+# dude for ill never understand ...

With a young team I'll take winning consistently over a superbowl. It was a matter of time till he got over the hump...now he may never be the same with that injury.

No, that's foolishness because you will have to replace Ware.  A 1st and 2nd rounder isn't worth it and no team is going to give up 2 1st rounders. 

You can trade Witten or one of the running backs but you probably wouldn't get more than a 4th rounder for either. 

answer me this, say we get a top 10 pick and trade Ware for another top 10 pick, a second round top 10 pick and a 2nd or 3rd down the road ... do you not take that deal? granted you HAVE to hit on those two picks and one of them has to be ware's replacement, but do you not do that deal? Robert Quinn and Patrick Peterson and a 2nd and 3rd rd pick? Depends on how well you think you can draft imo ...

Keeping Ware is probably the smart thing to do but something has to give ... someone has to go ... we need draft picks ...

Originally Posted by th1nk

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

I don't like the cowboys but I feel for u guys. Losing Romo is devestating. Even though many of u said he was over rated I though he was a top 5 QB. So what he never won the big game but he kept u guys competitive and put up points.

How can you say this after this dude comes and trolls the %!$@ out of the raiders thread
grin.gif
and talks all kinds of %!$@ after our first win...
This guy was going off about his $*#!+%# Cow(###$@*#) and the ****tiness of the raiders when in fact the cowboys = the new detroit lions.

And TOUCHDOWN GIANTS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
True.. i almost forgot. Oh well losing your franchise QB is worse than starting 1-5.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Trade DWare or Miles....
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yall kiddin right?

I'm out....
did you watch the game? o yeah, you missed the fact that miles dropped a td and a crucial big gainer when we were trying to drive ... i'm not saying either one of them isnt top 5 at their respective positions, but we need picks and dont have many assets to get them ...

everyone just saying o hell no you cant do that, let me know what the solution is ... develop talent? this coaching staff has been consistently horrible at that from day one ... We have people like Sam Hurd and Jesse Holley, all them no name bum linebackers from d2 schools and garbage safeties who are "being developed" ... at some point you have to say, what do we need and how do we go about getting what we need ...

i'd let miles go to the highest bidder if you can parlay him into 2 1sts and a 2nd or a 1st and two 2nds after that, do it ... we need picks ... we need players ... trade him like the lions traded roy williams ... you dont need 7 pro bowl receivers on a team ... Dez will be the best in the league very shortly and Roy has shown he still has it for at least a few more years ... unless you want to turn into the ******** and overpay for every FA, you have to build through the draft ... there's only one football ...  

hell if it's roy williams we have to trade straight up for a third, do it ... whatever we can do to stockpile picks we need to do ... use these 10 weeks to evaluate who deserves a spot next year and trade whoever has value in the offseason ... spencer, felix and miles would be first on my list because you can get two for one with their value ... obviously jerry wont do any of that because he's too prideful but he has to do something ... he is looking like a joke right now ...

Randy Moss was traded for a 4th.  Somebody might give you a 2nd for Austin because he's young.  Roy won't fetch anything higher than a 5th.    

Nobody is going to give you 2 picks for a WR. 

The secondary should be our #1 priority for the draft.

I would love to draft Prince or Peterson, if not them then a DE.

I swear, if Jerry choses any of them with our 1st rounder, especially Mallet.
30t6p3b.gif

Something has got to give = Trade Ware, we need picks? Good lord you've been a beating lately..

If we were a franchise like Minnesota or in the NFC West, I'd jump on Mallet but Romo is not the problem and it ain't like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

answer me this, say we get a top 10 pick and trade Ware for another top 10 pick, a second round top 10 pick and a 2nd or 3rd down the road ... do you not take that deal? granted you HAVE to hit on those two picks and one of them has to be ware's replacement, but do you not do that deal? Robert Quinn and Patrick Peterson and a 2nd and 3rd rd pick? Depends on how well you think you can draft imo ...

Keeping Ware is probably the smart thing to do but something has to give ... someone has to go ... we need draft picks ...

You have to keep Ware unless it is multiple 1st rounders, especially when you look at this team's draft history.  Ware covers up alot of weaknesses in the run defense.  Anytime someone gets past the front 7, they are pretty much going to the house because the safeties can't tackle.  (like Brandon Jacobs last night) 

Listen i know this is a cowboys thread BUT some of you guys are plum dumb
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The cowboys have alot of holes and it starts at the top.

Jerry Jones needs to step down as GM because thats what it comes down to, problems start from the top and roll down hill.

Phillips isnt your answer at Coach and neither is Garrett at OC, idk about Campo at DB coach cause your DBs are terrible so idk who to blame.

The cowboys are soft, point blank and you guys need leaders, i look at that roster and i dont respect anyone and i know see no one gettin in someones face after a drive or play.

Romo aint outspoken, Barber is quiet, Wittens soft, Ware is soft, etc...

Jones #+%%%# up with Felix Jones askin him to gain weight, dude needs to drop 30 pounds and get back to be explosive and cutting, hes not a work horse back, hes a 3rd/Recivin/Returner/Homerun Threat...

They need to POUND the rock with Barber, hes a good RB and a down hill runner, idk why they move away from him.

Tasard Choice is a good spell back 3rd option.

Witten for over a year now has just been wierd, idk what it is, but hes looked sloppy, inconsistent, etc.... his head isnt in the game....

Martellus Bennet, why hasnt he been given his shot? its been what 3 years? is their something people dont know?

As for Dez you have a talent, i gotta admit dude looks good out there doing work (no mo) put him in the slot and let him go out there and abuse and pluck balls out there air, and make yards after the catch, cause he will do it.

Your O-Line is soft.

Your D-line aside from Ratliff is EH, Spears hasnt produced ....

Your LBs aside from Ware arent the answer

We dont have to say anything about your safties
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now as for you morons saying trade Austin and Ware, you do realize that addition by subtraction isnt the answer... Even if someone is willing to trade Ware/Austin for 2 1st rounders (which no one is gonna do) Your giving talent for random shots, you dunno if and how those Draft picks are gonna pan out, if they do... so now you wanna give away Pro Bowl talent for maybes?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I just want to know why Orlando SCUMdrick still has a job he is a total and complete BUM . Cowboys need a ILB i think this is Brooking's last year there he's Old . They need a Safety badly Ball and Sense aint cutting it . and a 3rd corner that can cover . The biggest is Coaching we need a more assertive coach . And why the hell cant Tashard Choice get in the game even down by 18 ? lol Its either Cowher , Grueden , Can Jimmy Johnson come down there for 2 seasons lol I would call Tony Robbins to give the Cowboys a motivational speech

Originally Posted by toine2983

The secondary should be our #1 priority for the draft.

They need to figure out this old **+ offensive line before they do anything.

Back
Top Bottom