The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Who did we beat this year??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by toine2983

The secondary should be our #1 priority for the draft.

They need to figure out this old **+ offensive line before they do anything.
notice everyone has a different view on what we NEED ... fact is we NEED a lot ... and the only way we can fill those needs is draft picks ... draft picks ... draft picks ...

but on a side note, i think the offensive line UFA class is deeper than any other position ... so maybe we can get away with signing loads to fill our protection needs ...

This offensive line draft class doesn't look like the crop to go looking for bookend, sure thing tackles... Maybe I'm wrong on that but I don't see it.

They'll have to do a good job scouting and find some guys there, no doubt, but not where it looks like they'll fall in the draft.

And Ware is soft? Because he doesn't scream and yell? I hate the "prototype" crap and I hate the way people think with leaders. If a guy isn't screaming and yelling, he's not leading. It boggles my mind.

End of the first round, more second round OL's in this years draft. No bonafide #1 out there like in previous years.

like i said, we can address the O-Line in FA ... We need to find 4 starters on defense 2 in the secondary and 2 at LB ... depth on the d-line ...

it's doable, but we need someone who can make the right moves and i dont think Jerry is that guy ...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And Ware is soft? Because he doesn't scream and yell? I hate the "prototype" crap and I hate the way people think with leaders. If a guy isn't screaming and yelling, he's not leading. It boggles my mind.

this

I would love to draft Prince or Peterson, if not them then a DE.

no the OL needs to be, but will get back to that later

not a shock marley and Lilsteve are in here saying off the wall stuff. and the texans fan can take his dumb !#+ out of the thread

there is ZERO reason to change to a 4-3 and we dont have the player to change to a 4-3. spencer and ware aren't 4-3 DE. you want us to look like the colts DL and giving up major run numbers because the DL is undersize? spears at DT? WHY? he cant pass rush, all he is good for is holding up blockers.

how you going to single out jay when he is the only good thing in the front 3? he gives u something most 3-4 noise tackles cant PASS RUSHING. he can pass rush from his postion. most NT just hold up blocks and do nothing else. he can do it alll.

the problem since we switch to a 3-4 has been we dont have safteys that can cover and the 3rd and 4th CB look like trash. if your going to send all out blitz and leave everyone 1 on 1 you need people that can cover. add that on top of the trash we have had at MLB.

the OL needs to be rebuilt. and its the major issue on this team.

if prince or peterson is there you cant pass on them just like dez last year. but i want the OL built 1st. sign some vets to play CB.

if you think jay ratliff is a 3-4 DT you dont know what youre talking about ...

if you think anthony spencer is a 3-4 OLB you dont know what youre talking about ...

if you think D-Ware couldnt produce at a 4-3 end the way Peppers does you dont know what youre talking about ...

I'm not hating on Ratliff at all. The fact is that he's one of our best 1 on 1 interior linemen and yet instead of putting him in the best position to make plays, he has to do the dirty work of a NT - 1.) Fill the middle and occupy two blockers...AND 2.) since he's considered our best interior lineman, he's expected to get pressure from the middle too.

What do y'all suggest then? Go get more DEs, different DEs? We've gone that route with draft picks and free agents. We've drafted Spears, Hatcher, Canty, and signed Igor and Stephen Bowen. We've tried two different 3-4 HC philosophies. Getting another DE in the draft isn't gonna change anything.

There's no reason to think Ratliff can't be an all-around playmaker like Richard Seymour was for the Pats. The only difference was that Seymour had a true NT to fill the middle, Ted Washington/Keith Traylor/Vince Wilfork over the years.

The defensive line is not okay...this is the type of DL that gets 2 sacks in a game to make the box score look good and then goes ghost for the rest of the game.

how you going to single out jay when he is the only good thing in the front 3? he gives u something most 3-4 noise tackles cant PASS RUSHING. he can pass rush from his postion. most NT just hold up blocks and do nothing else. he can do it alll.

I don't think Stevie said to get rid of him but that he'd be better at an end spot. He mentioned him as a Richard Seymour type a guy
who stuffs the run on his side but stilll gets pressure. I think it has merit. A huge NT would make all our LB's and other D-linemen better.
Ware, Ratliff (at the end), Spencer all would benefit. In turn our secondary benefits from them.  Its just where would we get one (Jamal
Williams? Draft?)

And haven't we drafted a bunch of O-linemen in the mid rounds over the years? What
are they doing?

Listen i know this is a cowboys thread BUT some of you guys are plum dumb
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You didn't say anything Cowboy fans and football analysts have been screaming for years now.
I just hope you know that. I hope you're not like a failing business consultant or anything.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I would love to draft Prince or Peterson, if not them then a DE.

no the OL needs to be, but will get back to that later

not a shock marley and Lilsteve are in here saying off the wall stuff. and the texans fan can take his dumb !#+ out of the thread

there is ZERO reason to change to a 4-3 and we dont have the player to change to a 4-3. spencer and ware aren't 4-3 DE. you want us to look like the colts DL and giving up major run numbers because the DL is undersize? spears at DT? WHY? he cant pass rush, all he is good for is holding up blockers.

the problem since we switch to a 3-4 has been we dont have safteys that can cover and the 3rd and 4th CB look like trash. if your going to send all out blitz and leave everyone 1 on 1 you need people that can cover. add that on top of the trash we have had at MLB.

the OL needs to be rebuilt. and its the major issue on this team.

if prince or peterson is there you cant pass on them just like dez last year. but i want the OL built 1st. sign some vets to play CB.

It might be possible if you guys end up with a top 5-8 type pick, to trade down, add a pick or two, maybe fall to 15 or so, and then trade down AGAIN, adding even more picks, and from there, get a couple solid OG's, and maybe a tackle in there, while still being flexible enough with extra picks to add secondary help as well. 

I know that sounds easy, and you need to have trade partners and all that to drop down enough to add picks, but it happens every single year in the draft, as long as the price isn't TOO steep.  Top 5 pick, hard to move, 7-8-9 pick, you can move that pretty decently.    And like others have said, that OLine has to be built, it helps all phases of the offense, and there are plenty of weapons for you guys to play with.  Just need time for Tony, and holes for the backs.  

I would also look at moving someone currently on the roster to add even more if possible.  Pick one of the backs and move them.  Be it Choice, Marion, or Felix, just move one of them.  Anything you get for them can help deepen the pool you need to add youth to either the line or the D. 

From there, you add one nice signing on each side of the ball, no matter the position and you have a revamped roster, but without moving any of your true key weapons. 

Oh, and I forgot the most important part of all of that, fire Wade and co.  Gotta go.  Have too.  And don't bring in a Jerry's boy either, get a dominant personality in there.  Even if he's a young kid.  In fact, don't fat boy Rex have a brother?  Say what you will, but those boys can coach a D.  Get him in there, maybe you find yourselves something.  That is, if Gruden and/or Cowher don't want the job. 

We had Jason Ferguson and more prototype NTs when Bill was here. How'd that work?

Our starter at nose isn't the problem.

All the cowboys need to do is pick up a top tier safety like the Giants did with Rolle and inject some youth and speed in your LB core. Keith brooking has been garbage since his days as a Falcon. I think the Cowboys should trade Miles Austin because it is clear that Dez is the future and there is not enough balls to go around with Witten, Dez, Roy, and miles on the same team. And you'll should just use Marion Barber 4.8 40 self as a short yardage goaline back. Tashard should be you'll starting back.

Ferguson and Tank weren't prototypical. They were similar to Ratliff.
And Ferguson was good every year but the last one.

Why would we trade a prime Miles Austin? I'm not understanding that logic. Romo throws it enough to get the ball around to everyone.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why would we trade a prime Miles Austin? I'm not understanding that logic. Romo throws it enough to get the ball around to everyone.
because he is realistically the only person we can get significant value for while not hurting our team much ... Dez is the truth and the future ... If Miles got you a first and 2nd or first and 3rd and 7th it would be a win in my eyes ... Especially because WR is a position in FA that you can deal with pretty easily ...

I dont want to get rid of Miles, but we have to trade someone because we have to add picks ... Choice or Barber can get us a 4th maybe ... Jerry would never let Felix go ... we don't have many assets outside of Miles or Spencer that could get us a few extra high round picks ...

And you'll should just use Marion Barber 4.8 40 self as a short yardage goaline back. Tashard should be you'll starting back.
I agree dude isn't as good as the main back like he was when JJ was here starting.  I don't know everything the team needs but I think some better blitzes, backups that have some skill (Stinkdrick I'm talking to you Sucka), and O-line help is a good start.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

if you think jay ratliff is a 3-4 DT you dont know what youre talking about ...

if you think anthony spencer is a 3-4 OLB you dont know what youre talking about ...

if you think D-Ware couldnt produce at a 4-3 end the way Peppers does you dont know what youre talking about ...

what is spencer doing why he cant be a 3-4 OLB? 

and peppers is 6'8 280 and ware is 6'4 260..................

Do u guys remember when Jon Kitna called out Bradie James and said he looks lost on the field?
And then Bradie James was like, "wait til we play them next year, Im going to knock his head off!"
Bradie James was manhandled that next game and was actually on the field laughing and joking with Kitna.
Ur middle LB CAN NOT be soft as a Ken doll. He is supposed to be the captain and the leader of the defense.
This team has no anchor on either side of the ball or the sideline. No Ray Lewis. No Troy Aikman. No Tom Landry.

This team is probably the worst mixture of talent and attitude I have seen in years.
Wade is laid back. Garrett is laid back. Ware is laid back. Witten is quiet until he gets a concussion and doesnt remember he is supposed to be quiet.
Newman is quiet until he gets toasted and wants to take the blame off of him. Barber is quiet. Felix is quiet.
Leonard Davis is quiet. Ratliff is laid back. Jenkins is laid back. Bradie James is horrible so he cant say anything to anybody.
Brookings is a great veteran that knows the game, but his talents are diminishing. Scandrick is still on the team and that says a lot about our talent evaluation abilities.
Spencer, I dont know what he is. Could turn out to be a great leader if taught to be. 
The most outspoken person on this team doesnt play or coach, he is the freaking owner, Jerry Jones.
And there aint jack anyone can do about it. I think the star on the helmet has shined for the last time for a long time.
We are in for a lot of bad football because Jerry has to run things, and Jerry is an oil man not a football man.
The Dallas Cowboys are an international corporation; they are no longer a football organization.

Choice isn't in the plans for any increased workload ... ... ...

McGee won't get a look unless Kitna is absolutely horrible or we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which could come as early as 3 weeks from now ...

well, so much for any glimmer of hope ... after further evaluation, we need 3 new offensive lineman, 2 inside linebackers and 3 starters in the secondary ... 8 new starters next year through the draft and free agency, i think it can be done ...

why do our receivers feel the need to tip the ball to the other team on a consistent basis? i swear this season is so odd ... i've never seen a team find a different way to lose every week ... it's almost as if we dont want to win out there lol ...

on a side note, i was playing football with my family this weekend and pulled every muscle in my neck and back ... i think i'll be out for a couple weeks ... i'll ask romo why he thinks the team sucks ...

well, where do we go from here? I guess we wait to see how many people Jerry lets go ... If it were me ...

Offense:

Free, Romo, Roy E, Dez, Hurd, Barber, Bennett, Gurode, Kosier, Choice ...

Defense:

Ware, Ratliff, Spencer, Spears ...

That's the only people who would be safe in my eyes ... everyone else can either get traded or cut ... there's no reason to keep felix jones around when he cant block or run or look for the ball when it's coming to him ... there's no reason to keep newman and jenkins and ball and sense and scandrick when they cant cover anyone ... witten and brooking are washed up ...

so much fail ... smh

Back
Top Bottom