The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Some people saying we should trade Ware and Miles Austin
30t6p3b.gif

A pro-bowl linebacker who will have 13-14 sacks this year..

And a WR  8th in Receptions  5th in Rec Yds

And that's how we get better?  Trading away premier players for at best a late 1st Round pick.. But probably a 3rd Round for Austin.

Trading in the NFL is almost always a buyers market... That's why you rarely see big trades.. You never really get full value what you deserve for a player.

Anybody ever think we have had a couple bad games because they packed it up for the year... Who could blame them? They started off extremely slow, and then their starting QB gets injured for the year... And the backup is worse than awful.. Not like they had much of a chance to make the playoffs..

You can't run if your passing game is weak... And you also can't run at a far less rate than you pass.. Which we have done all season...

New Coach & New Personnel.. Secondary (Besides Newman, everyone goes, unless you move them down in the depth chart)...  Also 3 out of the 5 O-Line need to be replaced.

All that said serious Miles Austin & DWare???????? 
roll.gif
dumbest thing I'll hear all week

keep that liberal stuff outta this thread ... ole' "i see it's broken, but offer no way to fix it" type dude ... "i don't know what we should do, but i know you are an idiot for saying x" type female ... you talkin about keeping Newman when dude gets roasted every damn week ... smh

what's your suggestion? stand pat? get outta here ... Miles Austin has been GHOST ... D Ware has been GHOST ...

you wont find any place in this thread where anyone said trade miles for a 3rd rd pick, but if you can get a Roy E deal for him, you better take it and run ... because we dont need miles austin, we need draft picks and young talent ... ware's name was brought up because he's the only person who has legitimate value and a player you could get multiple high draft picks for ... how are having him and miles working out for us right now? what, you think we are all of a sudden gonna hit on every draft pick we take because all of a sudden we need some people?

What we NEED is draft picks ... a boat load of them ... like 40 ... we need to clean house of all this dead weight and draft 126 players ... have them compete for jobs and play your best 33 ... coaching staff is gone, thats a given ...

Originally Posted by msaba07

keep that liberal stuff outta this thread ... ole' "i see it's broken, but offer no way to fix it" type dude ... "i don't know what we should do, but i know you are an idiot for saying x" type female ... you talkin about keeping Newman when dude gets roasted every damn week ... smh

what's your suggestion? stand pat? get outta here ... Miles Austin has been GHOST ... D Ware has been GHOST ...

you wont find any place in this thread where anyone said trade miles for a 3rd rd pick, but if you can get a Roy E deal for him, you better take it and run ... because we dont need miles austin, we need draft picks and young talent ... ware's name was brought up because he's the only person who has legitimate value and a player you could get multiple high draft picks for ... how are having him and miles working out for us right now? what, you think we are all of a sudden gonna hit on every draft pick we take because all of a sudden we need some people?

What we NEED is draft picks ... a boat load of them ... like 40 ... we need to clean house of all this dead weight and draft 126 players ... have them compete for jobs and play your best 33 ... coaching staff is gone, thats a given ...
Ware is the best player on the whole team. 
laugh.gif
  He doesn't have a legit backup so you can't trade him. 

Miles is tradeable because this team is loaded at WR.  However, the Roy E. deal was like that because it was mid-season.  Nobody is going to give up a 1st and 2nd for Miles Austin. 

How many times in the last handful of years have you seen a guy traded that wasn't a locker room problem and/or demanding to be traded?

Miles Austin is not getting traded. Good franchises don't trade young players who have proven they can produce at a high level and who JUST SIGNED AN EXTENSION...

Originally Posted by cguy610

Ware is the best player on the whole team. 
laugh.gif
  He doesn't have a legit backup so you can't trade him. 

Miles is tradeable because this team is loaded at WR.  However, the Roy E. deal was like that because it was mid-season.  Nobody is going to give up a 1st and 2nd for Miles Austin.   
Like I said, Ware was brought up because he is the only person who has real value ... If you want to get high draft picks it has to be Ware ... If you get two 1sts and a 2nd for Ware, i would have to do that ... I'm sorry but this team is hogwash and we need at the minimum 8 starters to be relevant next year ... I could care less about Miles Austin and I'd love to get a 1st for him but I'd settle for a 2nd and 3rd ...

It would be nice to stay put, hit on your top 5 pick in this draft or trade down for a later 1st and early 2nd, but history tells us we cant draft well ... so your alternative is stock piling picks and increasing your odds of finding a gem ... you watch teams like the packers move up and get their guys at whatever cost ... their o-lineman and clay dominated yesterday ... they recognized a need and went after HIGH draft picks to fill their need ... we dont do that ...

Lol at the Liberal stuff...... I won't turn this into a politics thread because you would be way out of your league..

Sooooooooo your idea is to trade a pro bowl 3rd year player..... For young talent.... Are you slow????  Dude had 1300 yards last year and will have over 1000 this year (and half the season will be played with a 3rd rate quarterback)... But oh you're right..... We should trade young talent who is top 10 wide receiver in the league for "young talent".

Demarcus Ware has been ghost???? Maybe the last few weeks... But the guy will still get you 13-14 sacks... Better than any young talent can do for us..

Your idea is trading 2 of our top 3 players for what?????? Peanuts.....

And a 3rd round pick (best case scenario Early 2nd round) is what you would get for Miles... Once again it is a buyers market 9 times out of 10.. Meaning the team trading away gets under market value..

What does Ware get us.. A 1st and a 2nd rounder if we are lucky... And now instead of having holes in Secondary & O-Line... We now have holes in LB (both inside & outside), Secondary & O-Line... You trade Miles also.. Now you have holes on WR, LB, Secondary, O-Line.

You don't fix holes in the roof by taking the part of the roof without holes, and putting it where the holes were.. Then you have the same amount of holes just in different places..

You would have to combine a Tashard Choice with a Second Round pick... To get a later Second Round pick and hopefully also get a 3rd Rounder added in exchange...

What we have problems with will take more than a year to fix... So trying to fix it in 1 year can only be done by gutting the team (and getting %@%+*+#+ in return).

i read that Wade flew back on Jerry's plane last night and Jerry is supposed to meet with the team today

So let me get this straight, your solution is to stay put and wait 2-3 years until we can build through the draft? LOL ... welp, we were 11-5 last year i guess we are just 1-7 because our talent has disappeared and we should wait around for 3 years to get back ... get real ...

we need two firsts and 5 other picks between the 2nd and 3rd and we will be fine ... but we have to give up someone for something ... we cant just sit here and say screw it lets wait until Romos at the tail end to try and be relevant again ... Jerry needs to make broad sweeping, shocking moves in the offseason ... he can let the coaches go now, but once we can trade again he should be looking at EVERYONE as bait ... save for those listed up top by myself ...

So let me get this straight, your solution is to stay put and wait 2-3 years until we can build through the draft? LOL ... welp, we were 11-5 last year i guess we are just 1-7 because our talent has disappeared and we should wait around for 3 years to get back ... get real ...

we need two firsts and 5 other picks between the 2nd and 3rd and we will be fine ... but we have to give up someone for something ... we cant just sit here and say screw it lets wait until Romos at the tail end to try and be relevant again ... Jerry needs to make broad sweeping, shocking moves in the offseason ... he can let the coaches go now, but once we can trade again he should be looking at EVERYONE as bait ... save for those listed up top by myself ...

Ok... Now tell me how many years it takes to build when you trade 2 of your 3 top players???  No matter what draft picks you get..

Because 1st Round picks are rarely ready first year...  And even less as you go down in rounds...

So it is trade away players who are ready now... For more players that need 2-3 years to be decent (at best) players (that is if they are even good).....

Get real....... Building through the draft will take longer than keeping our better players (including Ware and Austin) and building off them..

So either way it is keep your best players and try to make the team off of them these next 2 years... Or trade them away for uncertain draft picks which will take longer... Remember when it took us 3 years to develop with drafting Aikman, Smith and Irvin..  (Actually took 5 years because the 2 years before we were 7-9)  And that was by luck...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Ok... Now tell me how many years it takes to build when you trade 2 of your 3 top players???  No matter what draft picks you get..

Because 1st Round picks are rarely ready first year...  And even less as you go down in rounds...

So it is trade away players who are ready now... For more players that need 2-3 years to be decent (at best) players (that is if they are even good).....

Get real....... Building through the draft will take longer than keeping our better players (including Ware and Austin) and building off them..

So either way it is keep your best players and try to make the team off of them these next 2 years... Or trade them away for uncertain draft picks which will take longer... Remember when it took us 3 years to develop with drafting Aikman, Smith and Irvin..  (Actually took 5 years because the 2 years before we were 7-9)  And that was by luck...
how do you go through life wholeheartedly believing yourself when you say something like that? first off, you are talking about Ware who was ready in his first year, and also acknowledging that the draft is uncertain, yet you know for sure these picks will take longer to develop ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
roll.gif
do you realize your logic is simply flawed? i understand you dont want to trade Ware, and frankly neither do I, but your arguments make no sense ... if we can get a two 1sts and a 2nd or 3rd, why do we not do that again?

not to mention you watched (i assume you watched the game) a rookie offensive tackle man handle both Ware and Spencer all night ... while a rookie guard was shutting Ratliff down ... while Clay Matthews was eating our lunch every play ... rookies make impacts, see eric berry and earl thomas ... sam bradford and dez bryant ... suh and pouncey ... bulaga and mccourty ... best and robinson ... and thats just off the top of my head ...

how do you go through life wholeheartedly believing yourself when you say something like that? first off, you are talking about Ware who was ready in his first year, and also acknowledging that the draft is uncertain, yet you know for sure these picks will take longer to develop ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
roll.gif
do you realize your logic is simply flawed? i understand you dont want to trade Ware, and frankly neither do I, but your arguments make no sense ... if we can get a two 1sts and a 2nd or 3rd, why do we not do that again?

not to mention you watched (i assume you watched the game) a rookie offensive tackle man handle both Ware and Spencer all night ... while a rookie guard was shutting Ratliff down ... while Clay Matthews was eating our lunch every play ... rookies make impacts, see eric berry and earl thomas ... sam bradford and dez bryant ... suh and pouncey ... bulaga and mccourty ... best and robinson ... and thats just off the top of my head ...
One because you will not get 2 first round picks... And another pick for Ware... 

Let's tackle your 1st round theory Sooooo 10 out of 32 are ready first year..........  That means 22 players are not... You are right you can build through the draft... BUT YOU DO NOT BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT BY TRADING AWAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS.. IT IS MOVING BACKWARDS..

Also Stop putting too much stock into a game last night..... We were 1-6 going in......Without a direction... Without a Quarterback... Without any motivation....Without pretty much anything.....You think the players give a damn about playing full out at 1-6......

I just don't think you get it..............  Trading away the whole team for draft picks will get you at best (by miracle) about the same team for the next few years...  And if you think otherwise, well nothing I can tell you...

By the way Mike Jenkins (a first round pick)
wink.gif
... Roy Williams (a first round pick)
wink.gif
  Bobby Carpenter (a first round pick)
wink.gif
... First round is hardly a sure thing....... So trading sure things for a gamble most times doesn't work out

Tomorrow and Next year and most likely the year after that Demarcus Ware >> 2 First Rounders (which will be spread over 2 years) So that is 2 years to get that value for him........

But yeah trading them all away for draft picks will help us next year
laugh.gif
You're telling me my opinion sucks because mine would take a couple years building off our core players (we don't even know if it is the coaches, not the players.. Which is entirely possible)... When your advice is trading away our best players and waiting a few years for 40 draft picks to hopefully be good.

You say we're terrible at drafting and your solution is to trade young guys we KNOW are good and have under contract for their prime years for draft picks because at least that way we have more chances to not screw up...

Think about how stupid that sounds.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

You say we're terrible at drafting and your solution is to trade young guys we KNOW are good and have under contract for their prime years for draft picks because at least that way we have more chances to not screw up...

Waiting for him to realize that.....

Man these next 8 games are going to be brutal.
ohwell.gif

BTW kill yo self Mike Jenkins; he should've been benched after quitting on that play.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Cowboys problem is effort bunch of randy mossin got on not givin 100 percent on every down

That's definitely apart of it, but that's just one of the MANY problems with this team.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Waiting for him to realize that.....
so we stand pat and continue to have numerous holes? we just wait it out? i dont know about you but i dont feel like watching this team play like this for the next 5 years ... meanwhile, Romo is on the back end of his career and we will have to start grooming a QB ...

i never said we are any worse than any other team at drafting, the draft is hit or miss for EVERYONE ... but it's much more miss than hit in the later rounds ... you hear about all these late draft steals and forget about the 200 other players in the late rounds who sucked ...

im not saying give these dudes away, but you have to start somewhere ... obviously what we have now isnt getting it done ... and i have yet to see one common sense solution from anyone ...

So Wade's SUV isn't at Valley Ranch and Jerry is having a meeting with his coaching staff today.

Press Conference slated for 5 ET.

Wade showed up at Valley Ranch but came in a moving van instead of his SUV ...

i'm just playing ... but forreal, he didnt use the same transportation he always does ... what if he stays on as d coordinator and jerry promotes garrett to HC? what a debacle that would be ...

At this point, I don't even care if Garrett is named the HC. Jerry just needs to make some kind of move to let the players know that this #*%! is not acceptable.

The season is over, the players have given up. Might as well make Garrett HC, see if he can do anything. Start playing any younger players that might have any value. I know Jerry said we won't use this time to evaluate, but we need to. The current starters don't care anymore, so play the guys on the bench who have some hunger left in them.

Back
Top Bottom