The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
@ some of the stupidity being thrown around in here

Yup. Team still sucks.
Fire a top Cowboys player...that'll get to the players..

why do i all of a sudden feel bad for Wade? Jerry did not give him the players we needed on defense to win football games ... whether that was Wade telling Jerry that Ball would be fine and it is OK to go into the season with 3 corners on your roster, i dunno ... but what i do know is that this defense was #2 last year and wade's D is always top notch ... i dunno ...

Now, i know it will be bad guys but we need Jason Garrett to absolutely flop ... i mean flop hard i dont want to win a single game for the rest of the season ... if Garrett is our Head Coach next year I will seriously consider picking an AFC team to rep alongside the boys ... i will always be a cowboys fan, but i cant get behind Garrett ...

Wade's record prior to this year was still pretty good....... But he had something missing...... Maybe discipline, or not being a tough guy, but something just didn't click with the program.

Good Riddance...

I'm just throwing this out there, what about a guy like Jim Harbaugh from Stanford?  Younger, knows the NFL as a player, comes in fresh, high IQ, bring his own staff, start from scratch.  Would you guys be good with that, or you want a top tier guy, Dungy, Gruden, Cowher, etc? 

this is a vet team with a short window before we have to start rebuilding. bringing in a college HC does NOTHING. i want a veteren NFL head coach

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm just throwing this out there, what about a guy like Jim Harbaugh from Stanford?  Younger, knows the NFL as a player, comes in fresh, high IQ, bring his own staff, start from scratch.  Would you guys be good with that, or you want a top tier guy, Dungy, Gruden, Cowher, etc? 
mad.gif
 if it weren't for your avy i'da stoned you ...

This is the Dallas Cowboys ... I talked to my mother today and told her the final score of the game ... she says, "o my god, that is an embarrassment to the Dallas Cowboys" ... even my mother knows the tradition and what is expected ... We dont ride the young coaching wave ... we need the CHIN just like we needed Jimmy's hair and Tom's hat ...

CP, if Jerry Jones makes Garrett the HC next year, I will rock a Dolphins sig for the entire season and genuinely pull for them ... take a picture of that ...

This move does nothing substanstial , it might even have just moved us backwards for the next 8 games.

When do y'all start to realize that Jerry's incompetence...Really, the only one who could win under him was JJ, and even he got tired with Jerry's crap.  Y'all won't be !$@+ until Jerry falls back and releases his reign.  Your team has become Jerry's World and he hasn't brought you !$@+ lately, that is the biggest problem.

Bigmike23 wrote:
this is a vet team with a short window before we have to start rebuilding. bringing in a college HC does NOTHING. i want a veteren NFL head coach
But are they keeping all those vets, or are they going to clean house entirely?  Even if you pulled a Gruden, Cowher type, they may not want some of these players either ya know? Obviously they'd want the Ware's, and the Dez's, but there's no lock they would want to keep Tony, they may not like Felix, etc etc. 

I dunno, I was thinking in terms of them moving some players out as well and just keeping some of their core intact. 

And Marley, come on with the young coach crap, ya'll threw Wade @#$%^ Phillips out there.  Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, Barry friggin Switzer. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Maybe it's time to go young and someone with new ways of seeing things.  You keep hiring retreads, you get retread results.   *shrugs* 

Maybe Gruden will work for ya, or a Tony Dungy, I just figure with Luck leaving Stanford, now is the time to approach Harbaugh, and he may just turn out to be a decent coach.  @#$% maybe you get Harbaugh AND Luck. 

it might even have just moved us backwards for the next 8 games.
Does anybody care about the next eight games?

I sure don't. The season is over, as far as I'm concerned. The list of players and coaches that should return next season is already small enough; I'm not sure it can get much worse.

As far as the next head coach goes, I don't know what my preference is. I agree a little bit with CP, and a little bit with Mike. My gut tells me to go with new blood who will change the entire environment of this team, but it's so hard to say right now.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

When do y'all you start to realize that Jerry's incompetence...Really, the only one who could win under him was JJ, and even he got tired with Jerry's crap.  Y'all won't be !$@+ until Jerry falls back and releases his reign.  Your team has become Jerry's World and he hasn't brought you !$@+ lately, that is the biggest problem.
the Texans are some grade A garbage and are probably gonna be the only win we have this year?
roll.gif
Even though we are the doormat of the league, we still run Texas football ... how does that feel?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

it might even have just moved us backwards for the next 8 games.
Does anybody care about the next eight games?

I sure don't. The season is over, as far as I'm concerned. The list of players and coaches that should return next season is already small enough; I'm not sure it can get much worse.

As far as the next head coach goes, I don't know what my preference is. I agree a little bit with CP, and a little bit with Mike. My gut tells me to go with new blood who will change the entire environment of this team, but it's so hard to say right now.

I care about the next 8 games.  I want to see a team come out and play hard. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

I care about the next 8 games.  I want to see a team come out and play hard.  
I want to see McGee and I want to see the rest of the young guys ... I want to see Jenkins on kick and punt coverage ... I want to see Felix on kick returns and thats all ... I want to see Choice backup Barber ... I want to see Martellus starting over Witten ... I want to see Columbo replaced ...

Talib and McKelvin was it that came out with Jenkins ... I believe i was chastised for screaming about the Jenkins pick ... he made me eat my words last year but he shoed his true colors now ... o and i wanted mendenhall over felix too, just throwing that out there because i know certain people remember those things ...

That doesn't really matter to me.

At this point, winning would only be bad. It would help Garrett's case, and it would hurt our draft position.

Most of the players have already shown their cards; there isn't much changing on an individual basis the rest of the way. They are what they are.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

When do y'all you start to realize that Jerry's incompetence...Really, the only one who could win under him was JJ, and even he got tired with Jerry's crap.  Y'all won't be !$@+ until Jerry falls back and releases his reign.  Your team has become Jerry's World and he hasn't brought you !$@+ lately, that is the biggest problem.
the Texans are some grade A garbage and are probably gonna be the only win we have this year?
roll.gif
Even though we are the doormat of the league, we still run Texas football ... how does that feel?
Dude I'ma Jets fan, I could give a $%+$ about the Texans
laugh.gif

i want to see Choice in the game over Barber and Felix. Jenkins needs to sit a game or 2.

Like KLJ said these guys have already showed their colors. We just gotta ride it out and don't lose the players we are going to build around. Sadly there are only a few people i care about on this team (Dez, Ware, Ratliff, Romo, Choice because you at least know hes trying, i like what i saw out of Bennett at the end yesterday)

When do y'all start to realize that Jerry's incompetence...Really, the only one who could win under him was JJ, and even he got tired with Jerry's crap.  Y'all won't be !$@+ until Jerry falls back and releases his reign.  Your team has become Jerry's World and he hasn't brought you !$@+ lately, that is the biggest problem.

you dont think we know this?

we turned it around when BP ran the team and jones sat his @%* down. we where great when johnson ran the front office and jones sat his @%* down.

we all know this. and jerry started to learn since he has let his son take over player moves

Thank goodness the rest of the schedule is still tough so we won't get any easy wins with Garrett. The worst thing that could happen is they finish strong and Jerry thinks Garrett is the answer and will make him the long-term coach. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

you dont think we know this?

we turned it around when BP ran the team and jones sat his @%* down. we where great when johnson ran the front office and jones sat his @%* down.

we all know this. and jerry started to learn since he has let his son take over player moves

His son is the reason we released KEN HAMLIN and have Alan Ball at safety. His son doesn't know @*&^

Pasqualoni named interim defensive coordinator. I figured that much.

It's really unexplainable how many players regressed drastically this season.

Atsome point, it probably became more of a discouragement with the record thing, but still.Offensive line, running game, every aspect of defense... plummeted.

Iunderstand progress and discipline, but what if it's more than that andwe have a ton of guys who completely overachieved last season? Or even before that?

I don't know who I have real confidence in going forward. Maybe five players.

Wade's firing was a long time coming.

Still, this debacled of a season can't fall solely on Wade's feet.

I hope Jerry realizes his culpability in this mess, and it allows him to swallow his ego and loosen his reigns on the team, and bring in a GM.

Back
Top Bottom