The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

I see the Cowboys remaining complacent and watching other teams pass them by for the 12th straight offseason.

WR Roy Williams, RB Marion Barber, OL Marc Columbo, OL Leonard Davis, K Kris Brown all will be released.

I think now they have to look at a 3rd WR now in Dallas. Not sold on Manny Johnson, Ogletree, Holley, and Harris as being a viable 3rd and spot starter if Austin or Bryant goes down.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

WR Roy Williams, RB Marion Barber, OL Marc Columbo, OL Leonard Davis, K Kris Brown all will be released.

I think now they have to look at a 3rd WR now in Dallas. Not sold on Manny Johnson, Ogletree, Holley, and Harris as being a viable 3rd and spot starter if Austin or Bryant goes down.
putting a lot on our young lineman but im good with that.  Hopefully Tashard will step up.  I agree we need a third wideout

i think ogletree could be productive with more pt

i dont know how many more touches tashard will get with demarco back there too.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Ogletree is a beast and nobody knows it yet. Mark my words.

I hope your right, they putting alot on those young guys shoulders tho. I think by releasing Davis, Montrae Holland will start on RG and they will resign Kosier. Columbo is a nice insurance incase Tyron isn't ready.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Ogletree is a beast and nobody knows it yet. Mark my words.

So our top 4 is lookin like miles, dez, hurd, ogletree.....not bad at all

And a stable 1 2 punch of Felix and tashard should be
pimp.gif
.......did demarco return kicks/punts at OU
nerd.gif

get a FS and a CB and get the o line in good order , and i can see us going to the bowl..

Now Doug Free may be lost to Tampa ....... FML we are royally ###%$@ in the $*! if that happens ... But that does free up space for someone like Nnamdi and the top safety FA ... but if we can't protect, we can't win ...

Free is re-signed.

Cut Newman, re-sign Sense, sign Josh Wilson, Eric Weddle and an end (I don't really like any of them), and I'm good.

Wild card: Davin Joseph (and not re-signing Kosier).

Probably wouldn't re-sign any of the other pending free agents.

So Free and Smith on the ends and I assume we will have Kosier, Holland and Gurode ... Depending on how Smith works out, that should be ok ... Maybe Columbo comes back for less money or something and gives us some depth and experience ...

Now what money do we have left for the secondary and end? Can we still scoop up a Weedle or Huff? I'm surprised Newman is still on this team when Roy and Barber got cut ...

Just heard Barber is gaining interest in Miami. Who are we going to get to replace R. Williams.. (even tho it wont take much). Maybe we can sign Braylon Edwards now that the Jets are in talks with Randy Moss. I was hoping Dallas could woo Moss tho since hes always wanted to be a Cowboys.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Receiver is probably not even a top five position concern.

It should be... especially if the Jets end up signing Nnamdi.. our opening night will be a long night...
ohwell.gif

Manny Johnson has potential he was a problem at OU will be a good 3WR....DeMarco can also line up in the slot he was in there when Broyles got hurt for a series and played well.

Need a DE, a corner, a safety and an interior OL... You don't want Montre Holland starting inside for 16 games.

Just roll with the youngsters. Have Ogletree, Manny, and Harris compete for the 3rd and 4th WR spots in training camp. If they re-sign Hurd, he probably has the edge on them.

I think they will get Abram Elam at SS to replace Sensabaugh. FS is still a question mark...maybe Daniel Manning

As usual, the Cowboys kill my (logical and reasonable) dreams.

Weddle re-signed with the Charges, and Wilson went to the ******** for dumb cheap.

I know there is time (not much if they keep sleeping), but let this sink in for a second:

Alan Ball
Barry Church
Mike Jenkins
Bryan McCann
Danny McCray
Terence Newman
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Orlando Scandrick
Andrew Sendejo
Josh Thomas
Ross Weaver

The only guy I wanted that's off the board is Weddle and he got overpaid something vicious...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The only guy I wanted that's off the board is Weddle and he got overpaid something vicious...
Yeah nothing we could do....
but reading this still makes me 
ohwell.gif

And while they'd surely liked to have been in the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, they say their starting cornerbacks this year are likely to be Mike Jenkins and Terence Newman again. The Cowboys have many moves to make, but their cap concerns appear as though they'll keep them from the top end of the free-agent market. Which may be fine, but it doesn't make for as exciting an offseason as fans might like

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

I don't understand how this front office functions. I have now come to the conclusion that the Jones family just doesn't have the football minds to put a winner on the field. I really believe it is all about the money to them.

All these owners are overpaying...which is dumb considering they just finished fighting about this...

Back
Top Bottom