The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Someone explain to me why we haven't signed at least two safeties or a safety and a corner ... .. ... .. .. . . . . .. . .. .

what in the bloody *%*$ are we doing? i dont care who it is just give me a sign that you actually WATCH the games that your team plays in ... *%*$

I know we are pretty hindered by the cap but i need to see a safety in there ASAP. maybe its just me but i have no confidence in Ogletree. AOA limped off the field at practice today
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Nah my bad, its cause you went from talking about the safety position, then threw in ogletree, and then mentioned a safety right after again...so i thought you might've meant to name someone else

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif
Nah my bad, its cause you went from talking about the safety position, then threw in ogletree, and then mentioned a safety right after again...so i thought you might've meant to name someone else
yeah i was kinda all over the place
laugh.gif
.  I really don't know what to expect out the team this season

Only team in our way to the nfc east title is phily......if all our key players stay healthy i see a minimum of 9 Ws

i dont want to win the NFC east again
i want to win the damn super bowl and bring it back to were it belongs......... 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

How does jerry not see that we are so close to winning it all ? we have the main tools , we need to sign Safteys , and top notch CB and

get our O line together and we have a shot to win it all.

makes zero sense to me , if they dont go out and try to sign someone ....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The only guy I wanted that's off the board is Weddle and he got overpaid something vicious...

exactly

the list of safteys we can still get is very good

Originally Posted by polorico

How does jerry not see that we are so close to winning it all ? we have the main tools , we need to sign Safteys , and top notch CB and
get our O line together and we have a shot to win it all.
How are we close to winning it all?

Questions on the OL, thin on the DL and at MLB, terrible secondary... We're not close.

I'd almost rather they didn't panic and kill our cap for the foreseeable future. Cut the dead weight now, which they've pretty well done, ride out the cap hits and get ready for next year.

If you're going into this year thinking we're any kind of serious contender, you're not thinking with your head.

So im guessing jerry does not want to win it all ?
i just dont get how he came in , in 1989 saying we are going to win , and he won 3 out 4 chips getting the keys we needed , Deion ,haley etc.

Now were close to being an elite team , and dude just sits back and dont make a move for no one. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I think we have the main pieces to make a run , but we need help in areas .....

We aren't close to being an elite team. This team has holes all over the place.

Close to winning it all?

You need to reel in your expectations, I learned that the hard way last year.
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Isn't OJ Atgowe available?

so with this team what is real then ?

yall is off , this aint the quincy carter cowboys , we got some of the better players in the league at some spots on there squad.

What's real is they're probably a fringe playoff team that isn't a threat to win the Super Bowl.

We don't have a right guard.
We don't have an established running back.
We think he can but we don't know whether or not our right tackle is ready to play at a high level RIGHT NOW.
We still have Keith Brooking and Bradie James in the middle of our defense and nothing behind them.
We suck at defensive end.
Our secondary is still our secondary.

That's close to being an elite team?

They're still trying to restructure some of their big-time players' contracts. It's not like they have a lot of money to chase anyone they want blindly. This is a work in progress, look at it as a mini-rebuilding year. It's Garrett's job to clean up the mess from the Wade Phillips era - rosters full of individual talent at skill positions but never playing like a team. It's gonna take some time, especially learning Rob Ryan's system. Maybe they'll get there in 1-2 years. Just be patient, this team has a lot of young players

Dirk sounding like me right now ...

We have a roster full of dead weight because we thought last year was our super bowl run year and went 0-54 ... I don't know what we can do, but I do know we need a safety or two ... And then we need a d-lineman ... and then we need at least one inside linebacker ... and that's just to be relevant this year ...

I hope we scoop up phillip daniels or something ...

@michaelombardi: Just updated the Nnamdi situation--49ers telling people they are out..Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers are battling. Stay tuned

Williams Rejoining Martz; Hurd A Bear, Too
Posted by rphillips at 7/29/2011 9:27 AM CDT on dallascowboys.com

While the Cowboys evaluate possible additions in free agency, one of their departures -- wide receiver Roy Williams, officially cut by the team Thursday -- is expected to sign with the Bears.

Williams will reunite with Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who held the same title in Detroit during Williams' Pro Bowl stint with the Lions.

Sam Hurd, whom the Cowboys did not tender as a potential restricted free agent in February, has also told reporters he's signing with Chicago.

In a pass-happy offense designed by Martz and run by quarterback Jon Kitna, Williams had 262 catches for 3,884 yards and 29 touchdowns over 60 games. Acquired by the Cowboys in a 2008 trade, Williams' role and production dipped: 111 catches for 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns over 35 games.

Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, waived players with at least four accrued seasons like Williams are not subject to waivers.

Williams' release elevates Dez Bryant to starter status, with Kevin Ogletree competing for the No. 3 spot. Wide receiver appears to be a lower free agent priority right now, trailing safety, defensive line and offensive line.

In five seasons with the Cowboys, Hurd had 45 catches for 630 yards and two touchdowns and was a fixture on special teams. He played out a one-year qualifying offer for $1.759 million last season.

Back
Top Bottom