The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

I think the Cowboys will probably give up a lot of yards under Rob Ryan but hopefully they will get the turnovers to make up for it and keep the game competitive for the offense. The encouraging thing is that Ryan's defenses have been top-10 in interceptions 4 of the last 5 years. I don't think we'll ever be a dominant defense but we're not the Steelers and that shouldn't be the blueprint. Instead we should look at the Colts and Saints SB teams, who will never be remembered for their great defense but got the turnovers needed for the offense.

Jason Garrett loaded up his offense, and left Rex Ryan with food stamps for the defense.
We have a good enough offense to go 9-7.
Gotta win a lot of games early, like go 6-2, cause once the game film get around the league its over.
Middle of the defense is old and slow. Bradie James & Brookings dont scare anybody.
Teams with a balanced attack will eat our defense for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

its essentially all on Tony Romo and Garrett this year. Dez and Miles should light it up.
Witten, Phillips, and Bennett should each have great seasons. Running game will be above average.
Special teams and kicking game will be key factors in probably 5 or 6 games.
Meaning they will win the game or lose the game.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Felix Jones looked like a superstar last night.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Defense is another year out...

Felix looks like he's got that extra step back. Little bit of burst in him this year.

They held the SD 1st team to 10 points and the Broncos 1st team to 3 points without Brooking, Newman, Jenkins, Hatcher, and Ratliff played the 1st defensive series. I didn't expect the D to be in mid season form with just 3 weeks of practice. Rob's D will improve as the players get more comfortable with the system. I do like how they are tightening up when they get close to the red zone tho.

I expect the D to be better than the Cowboys D last year that was the statistically the worst in team history (set records for yards, TDs, and points allowed last year). Can't get any worse than they were last year. 

It'll be better, but I'm just not sure how much. Still not anywhere near where it needs to be...

This is year 1 of our defense.

i wish we would have got nnamdi ,so we could let that bum Newman go....

Offense will be poppin as usual we got all the talent to crush .....

Lets build our D this year and make a push next year.

like i said we a 9-7 to 10-6 team waiting to happen........

A couple days ago during my lunch break I decided to check out Jason Witten's stats. Through 8 seasons he is on par with Tony Gonzalez aside from TDs.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]TD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tony[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]863[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Witten[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]871[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]*per year avgerages through first 8 seasons

We just resigned Scandrick for 5 years/$27 mill $10 mil guaranteed. Dude better step it up

Originally Posted by jmause3

We just resigned Scandrick for 5 years/$27 mill $10 mil guaranteed. Dude better step it up

Good depth corner but I'm still bamboozled. How the hell have we not addressed the secondary in the offseason?

Jerry jones has lost his #@$%$$% mind ...... What the ##!! about scandricks play says he's worth any more than the league minimum? !%#

@mattmosleyMatt Mosley

Cowboys source tells me Scandrick "competed from Day 1" and has had best camp of all the corners.

@espn_macmahonTim MacMahon

Shayne Graham's first FG attempt in Cowboys practice is blocked by $27 million man Orlando Scandrick.

@AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Here are some reasons Dallas gave Orlando Scandrick the money it did. He's 24 years old. He's good in slot. DC Rob Ryan really likes him.

Hopefully he'll prove his worth this season.   

I cant stand newman , i wish we could cut that bum...

were re tooling this squad guys , we are starting to cut dead weight and move forward , been a long time since that has happend.

Wow. Outside of his rookie year all he's done is get roasted. Dude can't even get his head around.
This obviously is the end of Newman and their banking on Scandrick getting better. I don't know though.

im hearing andre is about gone ???

i have no problem with the cowboys cutting ties and moving forward , we have needed this for a long time..

re tool , and draft good , and sign some players and we will be back in the super bowl.

Originally Posted by polorico

im hearing andre is about gone ???

i have no problem with the cowboys cutting ties and moving forward , we have needed this for a long time..

re tool , and draft good , and sign some players and we will be back in the super bowl.
me too, i like the attitude we are going with.  If you wanna come in overweight and sit out of preseason with injuries because you came in overweight then you wont start or get cut.  Holland is losing his starting spot too which im happy about.  I like the attitude and direction we are going in.  We are going to take our lumps, but i gotta give it to Garrett he's not taking any mess from the vets who think they should be given their spot and underachieving (Williams, Davis, Gurode, Barber)

Thats what we need cut these old bums and move on , and draft good and sign some players

and super bowl in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom