THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

What makes me so excited about this last installment, is that if you look at Nolan's track record, he relies heavily on the graphic novels for inspiration and tries to elevate the story with his spin. He's done a solid job so far, and there's only one great Batman story he still hasn't tapped into.. yet.
Batman Begins

Batman: Year One (Bats' first appearance in Gotham)

The Man Who Laughs (for the "poisoning the water supply" portion)

The Man Who Falls (Bruce Wayne origin)

The Dark Knight

The Long Halloween (Dent/Gordon/Bats arc, Two-Face origin)

The Killing Joke (Joker inspiration)

The Dark Knight Rises? Possibly Knightfall, because of the inclusion of Bane, and The Dark Knight Returns, because of the 8 year gap in story (in 'Returns' there is a 10 year gap). I'm not a big fan of Knightfall, but seeing how Nolan tries to weave that in conjunction with 'Returns' is really going to be interesting.
You know your stuff my man.  When I heard he was deciding on a villian for this one, I was hoping for the KGBeast.  Nolan interpetation of that character would be sick!  I think his Bane is inspired by both Bane and KGBeast.  I cannot wait!  This movie is gonna be deep.  TDK was real deep with what Joker was trying to prove about "those people", "plans", and Batman being different was genius writing.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

My thoughts need to be highlighted to avoid spoilers.

I think Bane breaks his back in someway. Not completely. Bruce has facial hair in that one scene so I'm guessing that's his recovery look and eventually Rises again to take Bane down.
He's gonna have to break his 1 rule to beat Bane I think.

That magazine photo of Batman walking over those two laying henchmen are apart of his return scene I think.

This will be Epic.

I think Tom Hardy's Bane will come close to or actually outdo Heath Ledger's Joker.

"When Gotham is ashes, then you'll have my permission to die." The deepest, coldest, darkest part of space blood right there.
pimp.gif

- Tom Hardy is a great actor. im thinking he'll outdo it, and this trilogy will go down as arguably the greatest trilogy ever.....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by RKO2004

My thoughts need to be highlighted to avoid spoilers.

I think Bane breaks his back in someway. Not completely. Bruce has facial hair in that one scene so I'm guessing that's his recovery look and eventually Rises again to take Bane down.
He's gonna have to break his 1 rule to beat Bane I think.

That magazine photo of Batman walking over those two laying henchmen are apart of his return scene I think.

This will be Epic.

I think Tom Hardy's Bane will come close to or actually outdo Heath Ledger's Joker.

"When Gotham is ashes, then you'll have my permission to die." The deepest, coldest, darkest part of space blood right there.
pimp.gif

- Tom Hardy is a great actor. im thinking he'll outdo it, and this trilogy will go down as arguably the greatest trilogy ever.....

I'm hoping that's the case, because I was so hyped for TDK and it didn't fail me, so that hype will carry into this movie and more.  Only thing is I was hoping the villain would've been the Riddler, but he seems to be an after thought now which is actually pretty good since it means people will be invested in Bane as the villain.  Now, I'm out of this thread until I see the movie.

In fact this is gearing up to be the greatest trilogy of our time, up there with the first star wars and LOTR, Nolan is a genius and knows how to pick a cast, after seeing Tom Hardy in Warrior i have no doubt dude will embrace Bane's character perfectly, dude was a beast, a god damn animal in that movie, son instilled fear in my heart through my screen...I dunno about outdoing Heath though, son was outstanding as the Joker...I think the best performance vie ever seen an actor put up.

This Will be the GOAT Trilogy.

Begins is the sleeper film of the 3. That beginning part and him becoming Batman is so epic. Most films when a hero is on the path to becoming a hero is too quick. But Nolan made portrayed the greatest Superhero phenomanal.

I am hoping for 3+ hours of film. Will be at my local theater 11:00pm July 19th seated perfectly waiting that last hour.

yeah Nolan set a bar that will be hard to top, only if he would have had a hand in Superman....he single handedly saved Batman.....and yes this movie cant be any shorter than a 3.5 hour film.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

yeah Nolan set a bar that will be hard to top, only if he would have had a hand in Superman....he single handedly saved Batman.....and yes this movie cant be any shorter than a 3.5 hour film.
He is "godfathering" the ext Superman film directed by Snyder. I believe he had a hand in the script, iirc his brother wrote it like this Batman trilogy, so I am optimistic at the result of the film.

hardy has an extremely strong on screen personality and he's a great actor...but outdo Heath!?....no way!

He won't outdo Heath.
Homie was incredible. His mannerims, the laugh, way he talk was so epic.

I would die at the end of the movie if Gordon gives Batman a Riddle with a green question mark
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I do agree, just as a pure screen villain, Bane can rival the Joker. Joker is more into the the psychological mind games. If you think about it, Joker could have destroyed the city if he really wanted to, but he wanted to prove a point. Bane looks like he's going to be more of a results oriented villain. Meaning, he may just want to destroy the city, period.
With that said, I don't see how Tom Hardy can perform better than Heath. That's nothing against Tom, it's just, in a practical sense, how much range can you really exhibit with half of your face completely covered?

In short, Bane has the potential to top the Joker, but I can't see how anyone can outdo Heath's performance.

The role I'll have my eye on is Hathaway as Selina Kyle. Nolan has a poor track record with directing females, and other than Rebecca Hall in The Prestige or Carrie-Anne Moss in Memento, I've been unimpressed with the female characters in his films so far.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I do agree, just as a pure screen villain, Bane can rival the Joker. Joker is more into the the psychological mind games. If you think about it, Joker could have destroyed the city if he really wanted to, but he wanted to prove a point. Bane looks like he's going to be more of a results oriented villain. Meaning, he may just want to destroy the city, period.
With that said, I don't see how Tom Hardy can perform better than Heath. That's nothing against Tom, it's just, in a practical sense, how much range can you really exhibit with half of your face completely covered?

In short, Bane has the potential to top the Joker, but I can't see how anyone can outdo Heath's performance.

The role I'll have my eye on is Hathaway as Selina Kyle. Nolan has a poor track record with directing females, and other than Rebecca Hall in The Prestige or Carrie-Anne Moss in Memento, I've been unimpressed with the female characters in his films so far.
This, I was highly dissapointed with both Rachels. I didn't feel as though they ever fit the role. And at times I found them to be extremely annoying, especially Maggie Gyllenhaal.

When I think of Selina Kyle, I don't think of Anne Hathaway. I just don't buy her as Catwoman.

Heath as the Joker was Epic but I honestly think Hardy has the talent to out do Heath. Before TDK everyone was underestimating Heath like crazy.
Plus Hardy comes into this role with a better resume than Heath going into TDK. Example Bronson, a movie carried completely by Hardy's outstanding acting. It all depends on how the character is written.

^ Holy @#$^, I am betting the Batman would go crazy in this film after he finds out she stole it.

can someone explain what Bane told the dude at the end of the prologue?

He basically left the dude to die in the plane, and dude was smiling about it..

Back
Top Bottom