The Dominican Queen calls out Dominican racism

He's right, free country. I'm going to start supporting dudes who support any opinion at anytime without repercussion for that and also their love of young boys and racism.

That's more of a west indian discrimination thing than anything to do with racism or self hate.

I too recall hearing the term Haitian booty scratcher growing up much more than I heard African booty scratcher. For w/e reason others tend to look down on them and say slick ****. Haitians definitely stand up for themselves and seem more united for it though.

The Haitian-DR hate never made sense to me though but then again most racism doesn't.
I’ve never heard of either term being used in person. I’ve only heard of that **** online.

I’ve never heard of either term being used in person. I’ve only heard of that **** online.
That **** was real for elementary kids all the way up to HS.

Another type of prejudice I just didn't get. I use to think white ppl had the monopoly on hate coming up with hate and ways to single out Jewish ppl ?other white ppl to me) but I soon enough saw black ppl do similar.

From posting in general :lol:

DD297B3B-CE9B-4719-8BB1-765225CFF80B.gif

I hope she is calling out her family members that I am sure are saying the wild and ignorant stuff that many DOinicans spew when they are comfortable

I'm sure she has since she does not really rock with her extended family like that ever since ________.........

Honestly good for Cardi for doing this. The racism in the Latino community is wild af to me.

It's comedy. Alot of them crave white acceptance so bad. Funny thing is they'll never fully get it. Whie people don't know nor care about the difference between a PR, DR, etc. Gentrification in Washington heights is steadily progressing and the main thing me now ex dominican friends thought was "white people moving to the Heights means they're now upper echelon". You don't need white people's stamp of approval and the plan is people from else where to occupy those pre war/old buildings so they can charge some yahoo from Iowa and elsewhere more rent.

As a Dominican myself, I am 100% behind her in this.

Fried chicken and maduros let's goooo

Accurate.

Last edited:
Now if Cardi B can stop monitoring Offset, refocus, and get her butt back to her craft/ in the studio.....

Mfers always think black people lion about racism or oppression until white looking people confirm it. Where I'm from it's been a known fact since forever that Dominicans can be just as racist as white people.

It is clear that racism within the afro-latino community is not only sadly prevalent, but also absurd.

I would like to expand the discussion a bit.

As a black man in America, often, many people choose to identify as black. But they also make their individual heritage known as well: Dominican, Peurto Rican, Nigerian, Somalian, Ghanaian, etc.

I have had this discussion with some of my close friends because at times there seems to be an erasure of black american heritage because the terminology "black" is being used to describe everyone non-white.

I understand the distinction due to the decision many have to not identify as black because they are racists.

But my question is how should black Americans, that are not black immigrants (but instead descendants of the American slave trade) self-identify?

It is clear that racism within the afro-latino community is not only sadly prevalent, but also absurd.

I would like to expand the discussion a bit.

As a black man in America, often, many people choose to identify as black. But they also make their individual heritage known as well: Dominican, Peurto Rican, Nigerian, Somalian, Ghanaian, etc.

I have had this discussion with some of my close friends because at times there seems to be an erasure of black american heritage because the terminology "black" is being used to describe everyone non-white.

I understand the distinction due to the decision many have to not identify as black because they are racists.

But my question is how should black Americans, that are not black immigrants (but instead descendants of the American slave trade) self-identify?

I haven't noticed that at all.

Black! wtf?

I haven't noticed that at all.

Black! wtf?

It has been my experience. And I have had a lot of discussions with other people who have shared a similar experience.

Perhaps it is regional. Where do you live?

The simple question is whether there is a unique black heritage for black descendants of slaves in America just as there is a unique black heritage for Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Ghanaians, Nigerians, Somalians, etc.

If so, what is the proper moniker? Because my Dominican and African friends certainly make clear they are from the islands (or their family is) or from Africa.

If there is not a unique heritage, do black descendants of slaves in America simply have no individual heritage?

I was recently in Mexico and had this discussion with some black folks from NYC/the islands.

Maybe I should tag some people who I think would have some good things to add to the discussion: KHUFU KHUFU DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Interesting perspective.

I haven't seen this but I won't tell you that you don't either.

In your experience you've seen non-white people like asians be identified as Black? Ok

What's the unique Black heritage for Dominicans or Nigerians or Somalians? just curious. You mean like foods and such?

Back
Top Bottom