The Dunk Contest hasnt been the same since JRich and VC stopped participating in it

David Stern might as well cancel it and make it a costume party
tired.gif

jrich.jpg

I know you're just trying to be "funny,"

but those have been the best in quite some time, and I don't expect to see anyone match them soon. They were VERY innovative, doing things we'd neverseen. They do a lot of spins with their dunks which made them VERY flashy.

The thing with Jason and VC is that EACH of their dunks were jawdroppers, there are a few jawdroppers for each guy nowadays if they're lucky, but VC andJason shook the world.

where was the funny in my thread?

im being real all it is, is just hype

really dwight? your gonna go in a phone booth and just do a boring %*% dunk and get 50's?

i kinda somewhat agree with you for once, i look foward to the NCAA College dunk contest more.

VC went nuts that year though, that %#%* was special

you can't expect that to happen every year, not to mention just dunking the ball isn't going to be enough

I've enjoyed the creativity of the past few years

Agreed 100% I don't even know these dudes participating these days. Although I haven't taken BBall seriously since 01

if JRich couldve finished his last two tries in the final

this wouldve been the greatest performance EVER

a lob 360 honey dip?
sick.gif

am i the only one that thnks VC's dunks in the 2000 dunk contest were overrated?

first dunk is just a 180 windmill
second dunk is the same just coming from out of bounds

between the legs was the only real impressive one imo.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

am i the only one that thnks VC's dunks in the 2000 dunk contest were overrated?

after watching that video that was totally overrated

im embarrased i put him in the title

but i didnt want people to think it was all about JRich *rolls eyes*

son wasnt trying to be "funny" this is the truth. its like some kinda gimmick everyone playing their own character.

I agree with the point of the thread. Each dunk they did from the 1st to last had you going crazy. Kind of like Kenny said last night with Dwight, he had thewhole building in the palm of his hand. That's what it was with everyone of VC's & JRich's dunks, they had the whole building waiting on whatthey would do.

You know when you start off with a 360 reverse windmill, you came to run that contest.

Did you even watch it live?

That performance was the reason the dunk contest was even relevant again.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I agree with the point of the thread. Each dunk they did from the 1st to last had you going crazy. Kind of like Kenny said last night with Dwight, he had the whole building in the palm of his hand. That's what it was with everyone of VC's & JRich's dunks, they had the whole building waiting on what they would do.

You know when you start off with a 360 reverse windmill, you came to run that contest.
Well said JB.

Those dunks Vince had were
pimp.gif
. Dude just excited everybody with those.

And older dudes are probably saying the same when Dominique and Jordan left the contest. Every generation has their guys. VC, JR Rider, Kobe and J-Rich weremine, now Nate, Dwight and the rest are with younger people. It's like a cycle.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

And older dudes are probably saying the same when Dominique and Jordan left the contest. Every generation has their guys. VC, JR Rider, Kobe and J-Rich were mine, now Nate, Dwight and the rest are with younger people. It's like a cycle.
Then this must the part of the cycle that the economy is having right now...

Im still waiting for one of those dunk contests that just W
eek.gif
W's you. Hopefully, if Bron carries through next year, everyone else follows...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Did you even watch it live?

That performance was the reason the dunk contest was even relevant again.
yeah i saw it live. it was the first dunk contest that was relevant again but im talking about the actual dunks. they were great dunks but like isaid, aside from the between the legs off the bounce, i didnt think they were as impressive as other people did.

VC's dunks are not overrated...Why do you think no one has done it? doing a windmill while spinning the opposite the direction is not easy.

Back
Top Bottom