****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Stunning news: LaVar Ball said he is pulling junior LaMelo from Chino Hills and will home-school him the next two years and train him.
DLKsfS0UEAA1X5L.jpg

so as I understand it, he's essentially turning him pro, as in making his prime life pursuit "professional basketball player?"

interesting move...to remove all the pretense, that's what he was aiming at anyway...why not go all-in, I suppose.

on the topic of class issues in big-time sports, the 30 for 30 on Maurice Clarett was fascinating.

they basically railroaded him out of Ohio State after he performed some gridiron calculus, essentially coming to the (accurate) conclusion that a player only has so many performances in him and it's best to get paid for as many as possible. wanted to basically blackball him from the NCAA AND prevent him entering the Draft.

obviously his life spiraled from there as a result, but my takeaway is that he never really had a chance after getting the rug pulled out from his only career.

not linking the two for that reason, just found it interesting what can be orchestrated when athletes work outside The System.

Home schooled kids will still need to pass mandatory testing as well as stuff like the act and sat for college entrance exams. They would still be under the NCAA amateur rules disallowing them to have their own shoes and be in their own commericals. I'd run away if I was UCLA.

At the same time , this is setting himself up for something bigger. Im willing to bet he ditches college all together, and starts branding the big baller brand as an endorser right now. But once you do that, you can't back track. No NCAA for life when that happens.

Just look at those unlv twins who quit their bball team to pursue real careers. They couldn't do both. Instead of waiting two or three more years , I like the younger dude will go into the family business non stop.

yeah I can see the schools not touching him after this...but still, the merits of having this kid in the gym with shot coaches and defensive drills 6 hours a day instead of sleepwalking through junior and senior year seem worthwhile. do appearances, promote the line, get those viewers up. maybe send him to some Euro league for a year or two to season him up after the graduation cookout.

I think I see the blueprint, I can dig it.

Look like Lavar is saying **** the NCAA. He already said schools was offering money for Lonzo, he know how they operate.

as long as that's the song, he might as well give us some detailed lyrics. who offered what?

let me not get LaVar Ball kidnapped. :lol:

Long as he not making money directly off of BBB, Melo can still go play in college ...but I’m thinkin they not too worried bout college ball at this point and the NCAA got a lot to work out right now with the FBI involved currently anyway

meanwhile, Small Ball is living the absolute life.

imagine being 16 years old, free of high school and in classical training for basket ball, swimming in earned adulation.

I wish my parents had had the vision and resources to take me out of high school and let me focus on writing...maybe buy me a Ferrari. just a little gelatinous about that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom