smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

beat is nice thou
roll.gif

^I don't think you read his post at all cuz it's obvious that he ISN'T serious...

and why would he be serious when he said the song was on his ipod

haha...i've given up on detox.
and people need to read the tread before they post.

dudes rip the game and the documentary, its all !!#%%@!#. regardless of how you feel about the game, dr. dre, detox, the amount of #@*% riding or name droppingthis dude does,

and you can quote me on this, "The Documentary" is one of the most complete hip-hop albums, an ode to hip-hop, a minor stroke ofmainstream genius, and a damn good album. Just short of what "classic" truly means. On a higher plane than GRODT. Call it #@*% riding, call itname-dropping, but it's a history lesson. This album has one of the most subtly eclectic personalities of any hip-hop album in the lastdecade.

Learn about it

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

^
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I don't know what to say. I'm gonna give it a spin tonight before I tear you apart.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this was funny for some reason

yes im serious
"but I won't f**k Mariah"

that N' was lyin
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
or mad laney

before you "rip me apart," just read what i said again. notice the use of the word subtle, and notice how i don't attribute the character of thisalbum to the game entirely. I'm not rating this album in the way that a typical NTer would, i.e. ("production is on point" or "50 came hardon that chorus!"). I'm identifying that there's something within this album that MOST mainstream hip-hop albums miss entirely. Musically, is itperfect? No. Lyrically, is it flawless? Absolutely not. But beyond those surface attributes, you have to look at the album's character, all the elements,names, and people within it.

I understand completely if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

And for the record, I want to make clear that this album doesn't strike any personal nodes for me.

I know you think you're right, and go after me about the lyrics and the so-so beats and all this NT doo-doo, but just spare me all that.

This song was obviously written by 50 Cent . . . Game doesn't even flow like that anymore . . . After 50 stopped writing his %%!* his hooks, flow andoverall concepts . . .

The Documentary is a great album tho . . .

Originally Posted by THEBIGJUICE

before you "rip me apart," just read what i said again. notice the use of the word subtle, and notice how i don't attribute the character of this album to the game entirely. I'm not rating this album in the way that a typical NTer would, i.e. ("production is on point" or "50 came hard on that chorus!"). I'm identifying that there's something within this album that MOST mainstream hip-hop albums miss entirely. Musically, is it perfect? No. Lyrically, is it flawless? Absolutely not. But beyond those surface attributes, you have to look at the album's character, all the elements, names, and people within it.

I understand completely if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

And for the record, I want to make clear that this album doesn't strike any personal nodes for me.

I know you think you're right, and go after me about the lyrics and the so-so beats and all this NT doo-doo, but just spare me all that.

I understand what your saying but with all due respect I just can't identify even one rational thought in either of your rambles. (Word to BillyMadison) I peeped your Myspace and you seem to have a good amount of musical knowledge so I guess I'm having a hard time seeing where your coming from. You said that The Documentary is "a minor stroke of mainstream genius" but leave nothingto back it up other than a series of ifs, buts and excuses. It's genius, a history listen and an ode to Hip-Hop because he says "Snoop","Dre", "50", "Biggie", "SOURCE", "NWA" 100's of times? I think thats what your saying and I'm afraidnot.

Is it an entertaining album? You better believe it. The name dropping isn't an issue for meand I'd say that I don't rate my albums like you suggested a typical NTer would (Beat, Hook, etc.). For example in my opinion "Where I'mFrom" has the most replay value. I'm sure many would disagree but I still listen to that song damn near every week.

Is it better than GRODT? I would disagree but I wouldn't argue. I would say that they sitpretty close together if you were to gauge them on there relevance today or there affect on Hip-Hop.
BTW... I'm on Don't Need Your Love right now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I don't give a damn about Detox, Dre can keep that !++%
real talk!

after all of the 'look out for detox' ... 'detox is on the way'

i dont even want to hear this _ rhyme anymore

I consider Documentary a "classic" in the BIG picture maybe not but in the POST Pac/BIG era this is deffinetly one of the BEST hip hop albums . . .

Back
Top Bottom