The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

NICE

IF ANYONE CAN DO CARICATURES OR DESIGN OR WORK WITH LOGOS PM ME,

I AM LOOKING OR SOMETHING W MY BBALL AQUAD PM ME

And a quick question for the GDs in here. For school which would give me more bang for my buck, an iMac or a MacBook? Any info on convenience, price, screen size, memory, ect would be helpful. Thanks

And a quick question for the GDs in here. For school which would give me more bang for my buck, an iMac or a MacBook? Any info on convenience, price, screen size, memory, ect would be helpful. Thanks

Get a MBP. An iMac is probably a better computer, but for school, you need it to be mobile so you can work at home, school, classmate's house, etc.

Get a 13" retina display. It'll be great for all work you do, from print to (especially) digital work.

I know people will say "Get a 15", you'll need the workspace." That is true, but instead of spending the extra cash on the two inches of computer space, get yourself an external monitor (cheap on newegg.com) for you house, seeing that's (where I assume) you'll be working the most out of.

Last thing, get yourself an external HD and back up your apple like no other. I have two 500GB myself. One I leave at home (has the electrical plug) and a portable one as well. Better to be safe than sorry.

Get a MBP. An iMac is probably a better computer, but for school, you need it to be mobile so you can work at home, school, classmate's house, etc.

Get a 13" retina display. It'll be great for all work you do, from print to (especially) digital work.

I know people will say "Get a 15", you'll need the workspace." That is true, but instead of spending the extra cash on the two inches of computer space, get yourself an external monitor (cheap on newegg.com) for you house, seeing that's (where I assume) you'll be working the most out of.

Last thing, get yourself an external HD and back up your apple like no other. I have two 500GB myself. One I leave at home (has the electrical plug) and a portable one as well. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good stuff homie thanks for the knowledge

I've been slacking on this thread.

Here's some Lectures from Fabrica to make up for it

http://vimeo.com/channels/fabricalectures/videos

This version of the embed code is no longer supported. Learn more: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding
ROBERT WONG - LECTURE from Fabrica on Vimeo.

Inside the Google Creative Lab
Fabrica hosts Robert Wong, Chief Creative Officer at Google Creative Lab. Wong speaks on the inextricable dynamic between product development and storytelling. When Google builds a new product, a small group of creatives called the Google Creative Lab are charged with spinning a story from the raw technology. They do so to communicate the magic of Google products and the spirit of the people who make them, to users. Sometimes, the way in which their stories explore technology’s roles and possibilities in the real world influence the development of the product.

This version of the embed code is no longer supported. Learn more: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding
NIKO SPELBRINK - LECTURE from Fabrica on Vimeo.

Typography: not marks on paper, but a window of words

Niko Spelbrink is a type designer and educator at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. He was also Icograda President from 1987 to 1989. In this lecture at Fabrica, Spelbrink illustrates his life-long love for the art and discipline of typographic design.

Still need to redo mine, smh, been using my blog in the meantime, but it has been pretty lifeless since I haven't updated it much either :frown:

Hypebeast interviews John Jay and takes a tour of W+K

**I don't know why I wasn't told about the filming of this. Plenty of my classmates are in this and they were all like, "What is this Hypebeast thing?"

Finally made the move to the big apple and working in advertising along Varick..

Still a bit jelly OTS, ha.

Back
Top Bottom