THE HUNGER GAMES: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

nccscz.jpg

Didn't see a thread for this yet, but what are your thoughts?

Haven't read the book so I can't compare the two, but I thought this film was pretty damn good.

Great acting from Jennifer Lawrence (
devil.gif
), great cinematography, action and special effects, amazing wardrobe.

Watched it last night and read the book months before.

I don't remember Jennifer Lawrence looking that good at all in Xmen:First Class.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Reading Catching Fire right now, and it's looking like THATS the book I want to see as a movie.

Jennifer Lawrence could easily get it. She alone is the reason why I'll check this movie out.

Originally Posted by Goofy

Originally Posted by Im2nice

Can you appreciate the movie without reading the book?

I'm wonderin the same.

I appreciated the film without reading a word from the book.  And I'd only seen the trailer a few times.
Anyone watch it in IMAX?

About to head tomorrow night to AMC and watch it in IMAX.
I know it's gonna be good cause the reviews I've read said nothing but good things and the book is great.

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

eyes.gif
Battle Royale rip off.

you haven't seen it. i said the same thing immediately after hearing my younger sister sing its praises to me, but that wasn't going to keep me from checking it out myself, and i am happy i did. don't write it off just yet. 
my only qualms are that it ran a bit too long, and josh hutcherson is sometimes too sappy for my liking. overall i can appreciate its well built world, and the allegory it represents. 

Best movie of the year so far. Seeing it for the second time for a reason. Read it made 17.9 million in midnight showings alone.

Just finished the book today, after starting the read on Wednesday. Very good book. Planning on watching the film tonight.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Just finished the book today, after starting the read on Wednesday. Very good book. Planning on watching the film tonight.

roll.gif
Your avy is hilarious.

Those who haven't read the books will be fine. I never read the book or had any real backstory before I saw the movie and it was still really enjoyable.

Book > Movie.

The movie is good, though.

Some scenes in the movie that take place aren't mentioned until you start reading Catching Fire.

I thought that was dope.

battle royale for kids is definitely what came to mind when I was reading the wiki of the book/film.

I just copped the book today. I'm planning to breeze through it and catching the film soon after.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Really is a Battle Royale ripoff but spun for kids to see a dystopian society. 

Agreed, this is pretty much a long, drawn out version of Battle Royale, even it continuing to the next 2 books could be the sequel to Battle Royale.

With that said, I did enjoy the film. It was well made but the shaky camera did get annoying, could do w/o it.

Back
Top Bottom