'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

It was cool, didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. I’ll watch it again. Him growing old and lonely could have been cut.

Pesci was phenomenal

Not a fan of Pacino

DeNiro was cool

I love a long Scorsese movie but this one dragged and his movies usually don’t for me.

Loved seeing the old cameos from old movies. One of the kids from A Bronx Tale, the mother from A Bronx Tale, Dascha fine *** and a couple others.

I also thought it was crazy Hoffa gets killed and then the next second everyone is sentenced to jail. Felt kinda rushed or something, it was weird

and the “young” footage of them didn’t bother me, thought it looked fine

I enjoyed it as I enjoy any Scorsese film but his shtick is getting old to me.

The world he knew is gone mostly. The "ethnic white gangster" period piece has run its course for me. It's always the same three ethnicities too: Italians, Irish, and Ashkenazi Jews. Maybe I'd be more intrigued if he did a Russian mob film or something about radicalization of Muslims in prison. There's so many ways to come at the ethnic crime category of film. He's good at what he does. He mixes the white immigrant American experience with crime, politics, and weaves it into major historical events. Just wish he'd do something a bit different.
Didn’t direct but executive produced

Scorsese is still a clown but this was auteur theory film making at its zenith. Pesci DESERVES the best supporting actor Oscar easily.

And yes, Anna Pacquin can get pounded on.

Paquin face when Scorsese does his Anti-Marvel, Ol’ Man rant

giphy.gif

Scorsese is still a clown but this was auteur theory film making at its zenith. Pesci DESERVES the best supporting actor Oscar easily.

And yes, Anna Pacquin can get pounded on.
I was still up in NT Sing Sing doing my bid when Scorsese’s “NOT CINEMA” comments hit the e-streets but I’m guessing you were of the camp that those comments hurt you to your core, huh
ADD24EA2-BA9A-4803-8BE6-936B698E085C.png

you knew what time it was when he started off the movie with a tracking shot - not through a night club like Goodfellas, but through a nursing home :lol:
I hit the biggest smile with that opening scene. Classic Scorsese with that shot and the soundtrack.

What I didn’t like from the cinematography was the slow-mo sequences. That’s Zack Snyder territory. Marty’s crew should be above that.

Surprisingly, I thought the time flew. The pacing was perfect.
DeNiro's skill as a narrator and main character in the way he guided this long movie from beginning to end was masterful and its being underrated or taken for granted with the praise for Pesci and Pacino which is slightly understandable when you look at what ppl tend to favor.

Also Scorsese kinda defanged Sheeran for w/e reason. I feel DeNiro playing an alcoholic would end up wild different if portrayed in half of Sheeran's scenes but he was displayed as very composed, measured, sound, and practical.

DeNiro is lowkey reason anyone will be able to rewatch the movie with ease.

I was still up in NT Sing Sing doing my bid when Scorsese’s “NOT CINEMA” comments hit the e-streets but I’m guessing you were of the camp that those comments hurt you to your core, huh
ADD24EA2-BA9A-4803-8BE6-936B698E085C.png

I know salt when I see it and I’d have high cholesterol too if major movie studios didn’t think I was a bankable investment anymore but a talking raccoon was. Scorsese wouldn’t talk that theme park **** to Spielberg, the king of said popcorn movies.

Watched it last night. Would rate it as "good," but not a movie I would revisit.

If you're looking for the new Goodfellas, prepare to be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom