The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

MFr3shM wrote:

Stringer does Vazquez still have good stuff? and what do you know about Boone Logan?

Oh for sure, in fact I can guarantee that sometime next season Sox fans will be missing Javy sometime next season

Boone Logan on the other hand

I wish you all the best of luck with that guy

laugh.gif

Reports: Padres, Cards agree on trade sending Greene to St. Louis

The San Diego Padres have agreed to trade shortstop Khalil Greene to the St. Louis Cardinals for two players, according to media reports in both cities.

The Cardinals have yet to confirm the deal, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Greene hit 27 home runs and 44 doubles in 2007, but had a miserable 2008. He batted .213 with 10 home runs and 100 strikeouts last season and missed the last two months when he broke his hand punching a dugout tunnel storage chest out of frustration. The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that the Padres are likely to get pitching in return for Greene, as well as shed his $6.5 million salary. The Post-Dispatch reported that the Cardinals were likely to send at least one righthanded reliever to the Padres as part of the deal. Greene, 29, who is eligible for free agency after next season, turned down a four-year, $29 million offer from the Padres last year, according to the Union-Tribune. Greene was the Padres' first-round draft pick in 2002 and has been the team's starting shortstop since 2004. In six seasons he has a career .248 batting average with 84 home runs and 328 runs batted in.

I always liked Greene's game. Should be fun to watch him a little closer to home. I dont wish him too much success for obvious reasons. Go Cubs.

Greene is a "gamer". i would love him on the Nationals, but SS is locked up by the hitting machine, Cristian Guzman.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

So there is no FA market for Orlando Cabrera

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
There's hardly an FA market set for anybody at this point...

How many guys have we even really heard about receiving firm offers yet? Affeldt signing with the Giants, CC and AJ Burnett from New York and Atlantarespectively are about the only guys off the top of my head...

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

The thing is Orlando might accept arbitration from the Sox.
Oh no doubt... But it's still odd that nobody is really in a position where they have a feel for their value on the market yet...

I'm hoping Milton Bradley gets stuck in a similar situation and the Rangers get him back on another affordable one-year deal... But the Rangers are in aposition where they're trying to trim payroll, for whatever reason, so they're probably hoping he gets 3 or 4 years somewhere...

Reds: Performance doesn't merit price hike

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds have decided fans have suffered enough, so the team isn't raising ticket prices for the 2009 season.

The club had a disappointing 74-88 season in 2008, and spokeswoman Karen Forgus said Reds chief executive Bob Castellini felt strongly that ticket costs shouldn't go up even one dollar, given the way the team played. The last time the Reds held the line on prices was in 2005. Forgus said the only exception to the price freeze will affect about 100 season-ticket holders with three- and six-year deals that are expiring. She said they'll be paying 5 to 10 percent more. The Reds' average ticket price for 2008 was $19.41, according to an annual survey from the Team Marketing Report. The major league average was $25.43
i'm happy my team sucks.

Report: White Sox trade Dye to Reds

The Chicago White Sox are continuing to reshape their roster, this time dealing away aging slugger Jermaine Dye.

The White Sox traded their second veteran in a week on Sunday, according to a report in the Dayton Daily News, sending Dye to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for 22-year-old righthander Homer Bailey.

"The deal is done and will be announced this week," a major league source told the newspaper.

Chicago sent righthander Javier Vazquez to the Atlanta Braves for a package of prospects earlier this week and traded away Nick Swisher last month.

Dye is coming off one of his strongest seasons, batting .292 with 34 homers and 96 RBI. The 34-year-old has 298 homers and 991 RBI in his 13-year career.

The righthanded-hitting Dye could slide into the Cincinnati lineup in the No. 4 spot between lefthanded youngsters Joey Votto and Jay Bruce.

Bailey was 0-6 with a 7.93 ERA in eight starts with the Reds last year and was only 4-7 with a 4.77 ERA at Class AAA Louisville.

A first-round pick in the 2004 draft, Bailey shot through the minors and was one of the top prospects in baseball before stalling last season.

perfect.

^ I was just reading this on mlbtraderumors.com and i hope its true, please let this be true
eek.gif

Sorry about that wildKYcat
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Do the Reds really think Dye is going to help them win the division?

sorry? im not sure what you mean. so we shouldn't do anything to make our team better? bailey stinks. no point in having a 96 mph fastball without a pitchto compliment it. he has no out pitch whatsoever. you can breeze thru the minors like homer did with the heater and strike a lot of guys out, but its not gonnawork in the big leagues. I was high on him for a while, but he needs a lot of work. we got two young potential studs in Cueto and Volquez and pitching was ourstrength last season anyway. dye will be a perfect addition to a clubhouse full of youngsters...he's a vet who's won a world series. a very goodright-handed HITTER with power. put him between bruce and votto. 2. Phillips 3. Bruce 4. Dye 5. Votto

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

sorry? im not sure what you mean. so we shouldn't do anything to make our team better? bailey stinks. no point in having a 96 mph fastball without a pitch to compliment it. he has no out pitch whatsoever. you can breeze thru the minors like homer did with the heater and strike a lot of guys out, but its not gonna work in the big leagues. I was high on him for a while, but he needs a lot of work. we got two young potential studs in Cueto and Volquez and pitching was our strength last season anyway. dye will be a perfect addition to a clubhouse full of youngsters...he's a vet who's won a world series. a very good right-handed HITTER with power. put him between bruce and votto. 2. Phillips 3. Bruce 4. Dye 5. Votto
All so true, couldn't of said it better myself but im starting to have doubts that this trade is gonna be completed.
eyes.gif

[h3]Red Sox To Unveil New Logo On Tomorrow?[/h3]
red-sox-new-hat-282x300.jpg

(rumor is this will be the new hat which wouldn't be suprising since they already sell this logo on a ton of +$$%)

Bostonherald.com - Purists, beware: Thursday, the Red Sox have plans to unveil "changes to the ballclub's logos" and "select uniforms." Manny Delcarmen, Jim Rice, Jerry Remy and other club officials will be on hand for theannouncement/unveiling. It's likely the team will reveal a new "alternate uniform," to either replace or supplement the red tops the team often wears for Sunday home games. There's no word yet on what the new logo will look like, or whether it will replace the existing one, which dates back decades.

Glad to see my Metsies bolster the pen which obviously killed us last season and the season before. Let's goooooooo

i went to this thing called the Redsfest over the weekend...kind of a fan/player interaction event, meet and greet, autographs, etc. you get to see all theplayers and many former players. i wasn't real impressed (they did sell beer tho
glasses.gif
) but it would be great to take kids to.

my dude Bruce seriously needs a haircut...and is girl is not hot. but Votto's woman...man.
pimp.gif
sorry, couldn't get a pic of her.
ohwell.gif

and speaking of Votto, some little girl came up to me and asked me to sign her baseball, she thought i was Votto.
laugh.gif

Eric Davis with a fur coat and bluetooth headset.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by youngin33

Glad to see my Metsies bolster the pen which obviously killed us last season and the season before. Let's goooooooo
sick.gif

Don't ever call them METSIES again
indifferent.gif

Damn you Keith!!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom