Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte June 4 | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For it only being an 8 episode series, it doesn’t feel like much is happening, moving the story forward. Maybe it’s just me. It’s very ‘adventure of the week’ to me. Also the acting isn’t so great to me from a few characters. I’m still enjoying for the most part though. Hope we don’t have to wait too long for season 2 to air.

That's gotta be who it is. There's only 3 episodes(one arc) left. No time to squeeze another character in if they wanna make it effective. But then again, they made it sound like Chun Li was supposed to be a cool as character when they announced she'd be on the show but in the end, she was just another useless and throwaway character :rolleyes
Totally forgot about Gus Fring's role this series.

Yeah, all that hype for Agent May and that's all that happens with her character?

Safe to say the last 3 episodes will be directed by: Famuyia, Waititi, Favreau?

I fully expect there to be multiple IG's so I expect to see him, Cara Dune, and Grief Carga all back for the finale. There's still hope for him, unlike Agent May who's dead af.

FWIW in the trailer when Mando walks out of a building and into a firefight with Storm Troopers you can see Greef walk out behind him...Cara and Greef I think are definitely coming back through...

I still maintain that all these seeming nothing side characters are setting up to be part of Mando’s crew ~ tribe...Ming seemed to be dead dead though...

For it only being an 8 episode series, it doesn’t feel like much is happening, moving the story forward. Maybe it’s just me. It’s very ‘adventure of the week’ to me. Also the acting isn’t so great to me from a few characters. I’m still enjoying for the most part though. Hope we don’t have to wait too long for season 2 to air.

Latest episode wasn’t even 33 minutes, that’s including end credits. Show moves slow and is barely longer than a sitcom.

This is the first show I can think of where the 2 main characters don’t even have names.

FWIW in the trailer when Mando walks out of a building and into a firefight with Storm Troopers you can see Greef walk out behind him...Cara and Greef I think are definitely coming back through...

I still maintain that all these seeming nothing side characters are setting up to be part of Mando’s crew ~ tribe...Ming seemed to be dead dead though...

I'm totally expecting them 3, maybe 4 with Greef, to be a crew next season. You know Star Wars always needs their dysfunctional ensembles.

"She has the high ground"
"No good to us dead"
Tatooine culture
Droids now running the cantina
The shot of Razor Crest passing the same route of Tantive IV and Star Destroyer in Episode 4
Droids from PT

Loved all the subtle references to the PT and OT..

Yeah, I enjoyed this episode (loved the call-backs)... but was disappointed with Ming-Na's usage. Overall, we've expected more from these "co-stars", but in reality, they've been more like cameos.

Are people upset this episode was bad because they wanted more action?

I thought it was a good episode with all the callbacks and going back to Tatooine. I'm not quick with the references, but when I heard Mos Eisley and realized where they were going, I got juiced.

3 episodes left. I'm ready.

(Question: Outside of Ashoka and Luke, are those the only known Jedi that remain? Assuming Ezra isn't alive)

That's gotta be who it is. There's only 3 episodes(one arc) left. No time to squeeze another character in if they wanna make it effective. But then again, they made it sound like Chun Li was supposed to be a cool as character when they announced she'd be on the show but in the end, she was just another useless and throwaway character :rolleyes

For Fennec Shand, it was the worst day of her life. For Toro Calican, it was only Tuesday.

I don't think she's dead.

Is that who I think it is at the end of the episode?????

Boba Fett alive???

7FOA.gif

For Fennec Shand, it was the worst day of her life. For Toro Calican, it was only Tuesday.

I don't think she's dead.

EDIT: Nevermind. In the article it just says that The Mandalorian was signed on for a 2nd season and didn't mention anything about her role :smh:

Last edited:
I read a critique that The Mandalorian feels like a live-action version of a cartoon, and find the assessment to be accurate.

In terms of enjoyment of Disney Star Wars efforts, I find it better than the Episodes, probably on par w/ Solo, but behind Rebels and Rogue One.

Not a fair comparison in my estimation...

Taking a series that exists in five roughly half hour episodes and comparing it to a series with multiple seasons and 13-20+ episodes doesn’t =\= honestly...

Better comparison would get to notch up Mandalorian with the first five episodes of Rebels and CW...

I think the real issue is that people are having with Mando is that they’re used to viewing these types of shows in a binge fashion...Think Stranger Things for example...People watch multiple episodes at a time and that helps to gloss over some of the ~ not quite as good ~ episodes because it’s basically like an 8 hour movie...

Mando is just like every other series ever created...For the most part the middle of the season typically has some slower maybe not so good episodes...

Back
Top Bottom