The Maturity of Zach Randolph This Season; Jamal Crawford As Well

I remember before training camp how people were dogging Memphis for adding Z-Bo and how bad he was going to ruin team chemistry. The fact that he never passedout of double teams, a locker room cancer, etc. When he came to training camp in shape and the way Memphis showed him love at the beginning, I knew he would bethe goods this season. It just goes to show how people don't give certain players chances to prove themselves and never believed in him changing. It'sbeen 26 games now in the season and I'm sure he's not going to just go crazy.

Tonight is what made me realize his maturity. Him and Hansborough was going at it and Physcho-T had like 100-200 fans from his old HS at the game cheering himon like it was a HS game. He kept trying to go at Z-Bo and Randolph got two consecutive blocks on him then came down the court to serve him up. He came backand served him up again. Later on after a few plays, Physcho T got an offensive rebound and dunked on him and hollered something to him.
roll.gif
Z-Bo didn't try to start %%%$ and kept his mouth shut. He just went on abouthis business because he had 26pts, 16rebs and 3 blks that night and Memphis was getting the W. Randolph has been Memphis savior and the most consistent playeron the team.

I gave him about a 20-30% chance of playing well and acting as a leader this season so he even exceeded my expectations. He's not even listed on theall-star allot either.

Crawford has been the same way with Atlanta for the most part. Where all these former Knicks coming from trying to play team ball?
laugh.gif

I made it loud and clear before the season started that I hated the move.

However, he's played well and been a good team mate (thus far).

Glad he's proven me wrong
grin.gif

people were getting on memphis for having both z-bo and AI. both were players that did not have a reputation among most people to be team players.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Crawford BEEN mature, dude was always a team player.
It was moreso of him playing on bad teams that didn't have any offensive sets, so it was alot of one-on-one play going on. So, it was just atrend that he was following by being with those type of teams and people didn't realize how good of a player who could be on a good team. I didn'tthink he was going to be that good in Atlanta because I thought he was stuck in that mindset, but he definitely proved me wrong.

people were getting on memphis for having both z-bo and AI. both were players that did not have a reputation among most people to be team players.

That's understandable, but people were getting on Memphis even when they acquired Z-Bo alone.

Ever since Larry Brown took the helm for one year, Crawford has been THAT dude. Sick handles, is fairly consistent nowadays, and on any given day can gobonkers (see NY v MIA, 16 straight FGs made). I still wish he was here with NY, but I'm glad he's getting a chance to win finally.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Crawford BEEN mature, dude was always a team player.

Word. What he needed was a team where he wasn't relied on to go off literally every night, because he's just so inconsistent when he had to be the goto guy

Good news for both... ZBO being more mature & Crawford being on a winning team.

Crawford always had offensive talent, just was inconsistent. When he was counted on to be one of the main scorers, he struggled some nights because of that.

ZBO & his decisions have abeen in question for awhile, good to see he's doing well in Memphis.

when Crawford first landed on the hawks, I didn't see him fitting into the team. The way hes been playing as well as the hawks... it all makes sense to menow. Glad to see he's doing well.

and Z-Bo... what a beast
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

As I say all the time with Jamal Crawford..

Z Bo would be best suited on a contending team as a 6th man to provide a need...that need would be scoring on the block and rebounding.

If he's a focal point of a team....that said team will suck. Just like with Jamal.
Yuku search FTW. july 08.

jamal found the role. you put him back as a starter again and he'd be worthless.

Z-Bo probably will probably find that role when this atrocious contract runs up, but yes he looks better. Hell, he was great for the 2 weeks in a knicksjersey last year. maybe he matured before this year, IDK..didn't watch him in LA. I just know before that he was a black hole.

^Zbo played well in Mike's offensive, but godddamn he was still an bum.

and Jamal has always been good. hes just not that #1 option that teams always put him as. 6th man on the role, and dude is ballin out of his mind.
i also doubted him in Atl with bibby and JJ, but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom