The MLB Regular Season Is Over... Does Anybody Still Want To Debate The AL MVP?

.365 Batting Average
.444 OBP
.587 Slugging
1.031 OPS
28 home runs
96 RBI
94 runs

Team comes back from a 7-game deficit and wins the division with Justin Morneau having not played in damn near a month...

Ladies and Gentlemen, your unanimous selection for 2009 American League Most Valuable Player...

t1_joemauer.jpg

AL Cy Young: Zack Greinke
AL Rookie of the Year: Elvis Andrus

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
NL Cy Young: Chris Carpenter
NL Rookie of the Year: Tommie Hanson ... I'm not voting for a 27 year old rookie. Sorry, JA.
laugh.gif

Can't believe Im saying this but I dont think there was a debate anywhere. And if there was they are idiots.

I wish Joe could have gotten closer to 150 games played or so, top those numbers out over 30 and 100, 100 and what not.

How many MVP's is this for Pujols? 3, 4? He gonna make a run at Bonds pretty soon.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Can't believe Im saying this but I dont think there was a debate anywhere. And if there was they are idiots.

You're only talking about AL MVP right? Because I think AL ROY, NL CY and NL ROY can all be debated...

laugh.gif
You must not have been here about a month or six weeksago when we had this discussion...

Bored sportswriters were arguing for Jeter and others, if I remember correctly.

And yeah, there is no debate.

Yeah, I was only talking about AL MVP too. That and NL MVP should be pretty much unanimous.

I like Lincecum for NL Cy though.

laugh.gif
I think I was but I dont really remember much I guess
embarassed.gif
other than Yankee backers, but even most of them sided with Mauer fromwhat I recalled.

Highest BA ever for a catcher in MLB history. Dude is going to win another GG too.

Next year .400!
tongue.gif
Then off to New York
alien.gif

I still say Andrew Bailey is the American League Rookie of the Year. He hasn't blown a save in four months.

6-3, 26 saves, 1.84 ERA, 91 strikeouts in 83.1 innings, 0.88 WHIP, and a .167 BAA.

I'm just tired I missed the "AL MVP" part.

I'd switch up Elvis with Bailey and Hanson with Happ/Coghlan but all three are interchangable to me.

Teixera an MVP hitting in that softball diamond? He's a very good player though. Mauer is winning the MVP though. Highest slugging percentage in baseball.Also beat out Pujols in OBP by a point. Not a big deal at all, but it shows how good of a year Mauer has had.

Only some Yankee fans think Teix is an MVP over Mauer (dude is on a staked lineup that was expected to make the playoffs with a buncha all stars). Teixshould come in 2nd.

Mauer should win this, that Twins team could've easily quit.

7 games back early Sept

5.5 games back 9/11

2.5 games back 9/22

3 games back 9/30 (with 4 to play
eek.gif
)

tied 10/3

Beast.

No debate at all. Mauer it is. I am still debating at work with idiots who think Tex should get it. I still cannot fathom any knowledgeable baseball fanthinking Tex is the MVP. I would even argue that Tex shouldnt even be second or third.

laugh.gif
I think I was but I dont really remember much I guess
embarassed.gif
other than Yankee backers, but even most of them sided with Mauer from what I recalled.

Highest BA ever for a catcher in MLB history. Dude is going to win another GG too.

Next year .400!
tongue.gif
Then off to New York
alien.gif
2j2cl1l.jpg

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom