The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

At one point I saw herb directly point to someone after the fight and thought he said shut the bleep up. Wanted it to be directed at hardy.

Wow. They out here definitely trying to sully Herb’s name.

JBJ had beef with Big John McCarthy. You got Colby beefing w Marc Goddard.

Tough position.

Hate to say it. UFC needs to champion a revision of the Unified Rules and the qualifications of the judges/refs. But sadly it won’t happen.

Can not wait to see who is next for Khamzat

Do you think they should put the rocket on his back? Top 15? Top 10? Dan Hardy flagrantly saying he should fight Usman.

Listened to the SevereMMA podcast today. They’re based out of Ireland. They said the dude Khamzat fought wasn’t a can and was knocking out fools in their country. Just a bad matchup.

I rewatched Khamzat’s first two UFC fights. That insanely fast double leg in his first fight was crazy. And last night he picked up and dumped the kid. His GnP legit and he clearly has a submission game.

Unknowns are his stand up and how he fares against other wrestlers (important in the Edwards, Usman, Covington, Woodley matchups).

Thanks for posting that video. Wow. That low kick. And that uppercut. And even though it was stifled, Khamzat’s grappling still showed flashes of brilliance. The speed he executed that single leg. Tried hip tosses, leg trips. Tough opponent.

Soooo?
Slow build or rocket?

Someone said they should just throw him on every card until he loses and I somewhat agree, :lol:

His grappling is obviously great and his stand up seems at least average to me, but I guess we would have to see him against better strikers that would be capable of keeping the fight standing to know for sure.

He seems worthy of having the rocket strapped to his back, IMO.

He's legit crushing these guys, they could've sent someone else out to the cage after McKee Royal Rumble style and he probably would've just mauled that guy as well, :lol:

Have him fight someone like a Emil meek, Jake Matthews, Anthony Martin, Barberena or Warlley alves

if he gets past that level, give him a borderline top 15

Keep the fight standing. Besides grapplers I mentioned...why would he have to stand? It’s the conundrum Khabib faces at LW.

I like Kazmats enthusiasm and confidence.

He definitely won't have to stand w/ a majority of 170.

I'm just saying that in order to gauge how good his striking is, we'd have to see him against better strikers that are actually capable of keeping it standing.

Who knows, maybe he just mauls everyone and we never find out, :lol:

Well...like Eddie Murphy, He’s Coming to America (for UFC 252).

I think his next opponent should be a game unranked then maybe give him a top 15.

Definitely a Khamzat is a winner from last nights card.

In all earnest, just going to watch this weeks ME next Sunday. Edit. I lied. Seems like a decent main card.

Herb has all the right to feel frustrated with Hardy. But he's flat-out wrong about it not being a late stoppage, in fact he had two of the same blunders on the same night

A lot of the major reporters/analysts agree that Herb's performance was subpar. It is what it is, thankfully at the end of the day nobody got seriously hurt for no reason (that we know of) and could walk away

Commentators shouldn't be acting like that but it's not like that happens with regularity so I don't think it's harmful to the sport. In fact I'm pretty sure that was the first time we've seen that in the UFC

What do you think...of half the analysts saying Till won last night?

Also on Herb...I get his justification. And at least he has the courage to respond to the controversy (though he doesn’t admit it was Hardy).

Dean definitely has shown some questionable decision making in refereeing.

I read that Okamoto had Till winning. Didn't see anyone else or at least notice them. I know Ariel, Al Shatti, Bronsteter, Folkes had Whittaker

At best for Till, I would say a case for a draw. But Till definitely didn't win imo. Whittaker winning there's much more of a case for

Yeah, Whittaker really showed he's declined so much. Shut the eff up. People's brains have taken a sharp decline. He performed like how we're used to seeing him. Still moving quick and a solid chin with quick recovery. 9-1 at middleweight.

gus is washed. Looks like he just ate extra meals instead of adding strength to his frame.
This is clearly directed towards me. So here's my response.

Don't you think it is over the top to insult someone and tell them to **** for making a wrong prediction? I'm sure you've made wrong predictions and we will all make some wrong predictions in the future. I went out on a limb and predicted Till will win, which was the opposite of the crowd. I still believe Whittaker has regressed. To some degree, I stand corrected that he is not as shopworn as I anticipated. I still think prime Whittaker dominates Till, unlike the close contest we saw last night.

Last week I picked Hermansson to beat Gastelum. My rationale was that I think Gastelum is overrated and his most notable wins at MW were against guys in their mid to late 30's. Some didn't agree with me. Despite my prediction on the outcome of the fight being correct, some still thought I wasn't giving Gastelum enough credit. I didn't necessary agree, but I was still respectful and didn't feel the need to insult anyone who thought differently.

Going back to the fight, I scored it 48-47 Whittaker, which is the same as the official cards. The commentators made it seem like Whittaker was running away with it and were clearly biased in favor of Whittaker. Round one was Till's and Round two was Whittaker's. Those aren't debatable. The remaing three rounds were close and could've swung either way. Overall, Till did the cleaner work albeit not enough and Whittaker was more active. Ultimately, it went down to the wire. The takedowns at the end of Round 5 probably sealed the deal for Whittaker.

Commentators don’t know **** about a stoppage being good or not. From their vantage point they aren’t physically able to see everything the ref can being in the cage with the fighters. How many times do we here a commentator screaming how hurt somebody is and it turns out they aren’t even wobbled and are still fully in the fight?

Hardy shouldn’t ever commentate again in my opinion. Douche thinks he’s all knowing and it was extremely unprofessional what he did on Saturday.

I saw exactly what Herb explained, he went down then had one arm blocking and one arm extended towards his opponent with legs also making a defensive posture. People are overreacting big time about this stoppage.

Herb my guy

but that was literally the worst stoppage I have seen....the dude’s entire right side of his body was stiff, even when he hit the ground his right arm was still stiff.

So bad, at first I was thinking it could be the angle and then he runs up the guy and he’s just laying there stiff I was like wow he really gonna let this dude continue on rigor mortis....

Aside from the first round, till didn’t do much to win that fight. Thought Whittaker dug deep after that first round and put it on Till the rest of the way.

Tills bark > his bite

remember herb during khabib-conor? **** was disgraceful. or that time he let cb dolloway get mauled by khalid murtazaliev, sometimes idk what bro thinks he's in there looking at :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom