The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Adesanya v Costa SAT 9/26 @5PM on PPV

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Tavares and Brunson are like the ideal Gatekeepers :lol: literally the exact definition and honestly very useful to the sport

Kid is definitely taking another step up in competition, if he finishes Brunson you figure a top 5 or better opponent is up next, there's nowhere else but up

He looks like he was born a fighter and his striking looks at least decent. Still, I have some doubts that his trainer can take him to his full potential.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
He looks like he was born a fighter and his striking looks at least decent. Still, I have some doubts that his trainer can take him to his full poential.
I feel like it's so bizarre that he comes out of Edmon's camp lol. The dude looks like a killer though I am low-key buying into the hypetrain

I hope Izzy is still around if/when this kid is ready to challenge for the title. Very interesting skill set

The rest of the card is at least decent. You have Kevin Holland, Lando and Luque all bound to put on a good scrap

Joined Nov 5, 2012
yan had just knocked out faber, cody was doing his best to defend his master’s honor backstage lol
Good call yeah I knew it was from a while ago. tbh I was hoping they’d match up soon, good storyline there

I honestly don’t have much interest in cody trying to fight smaller guys

Joined Nov 5, 2012
“Even after I knock him out, I will not shake his hand,” Costa said. “It will be wild. It will be savage. … I believe in the second round (I will knock him out) because he will run a lot in the first round.”

“I will not be staying and waiting for him,” Costa said. “I know he can run a lot, and that’s what he wants to do, what he usually does. I won’t wait like Romero did. I will hunt him inside the cage and close the distance and land my shots to his body and his face. … Don’t go so fast like Whittaker and don’t go slow like Romero. Make a balance. I think I am very different from both guys because I can pressure him every minute for the 25 minutes.

“I can keep the pressure very, very aggressive against him. I can push him at all times, and I have a lot of power in my hands, on my bones in my hands and kicks. Against him, I just need one shot to finish the fight.”

“To Israel Adesanya I would just like to say: Don’t give up in this fight,” Costa said. “Let’s fight. It’s your time to fight me, to face me, and let’s see how many hits on your skinny body, skinny face you can get.”

Joined Jan 26, 2019
“Even after I knock him out, I will not shake his hand,” Costa said. “It will be wild. It will be savage. … I believe in the second round (I will knock him out) because he will run a lot in the first round.”

“I will not be staying and waiting for him,” Costa said. “I know he can run a lot, and that’s what he wants to do, what he usually does. I won’t wait like Romero did. I will hunt him inside the cage and close the distance and land my shots to his body and his face. … Don’t go so fast like Whittaker and don’t go slow like Romero. Make a balance. I think I am very different from both guys because I can pressure him every minute for the 25 minutes.

“I can keep the pressure very, very aggressive against him. I can push him at all times, and I have a lot of power in my hands, on my bones in my hands and kicks. Against him, I just need one shot to finish the fight.”

“To Israel Adesanya I would just like to say: Don’t give up in this fight,” Costa said. “Let’s fight. It’s your time to fight me, to face me, and let’s see how many hits on your skinny body, skinny face you can get.”

Joined May 6, 2015
Well let's just hope Costa brings the fight likes hes talking. He'll definitely be more calculated than the Romero fight and I'm interested to see how his cardio holds up if it gets to the championship rounds.

Joined Jul 2, 2013
Andrade bout to send Eye for her 2nd trip to the shadow realm. Flyweight would be much better for her, I would think.

Small cage got me second guessing all that talk I said about Izzy running thru Costa :lol:

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Don’t think anyone said Dana wouldn’t condemn it. It’s just that he’s done countless other classless unprofessional things that it seems hypocritical

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now