The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Adesanya v Costa SAT 9/26 @5PM on PPV

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Listened to that Lebatard interview with Masvidal. You can legit hear how hurt Dan is finding out bout Masvidal views

Can't believe how DEEP down the rabbit hole Cannonier is. Potential to get ugly if he wins that title and just goes all out with his platform.
Cannonier winning the title? I wouldn't say it is impossible considering that Bisping has won it. But highly unlikely.

Joined Jul 2, 2013
Cannonier winning the title? I wouldn't say it is impossible considering that Bisping has won it. But highly unlikely.
The Whittaker fight will show where he is amongst the top but imo, he's definitely a contender. Crazy he kept all that power moving down from HW

Get Ortega to fill in. Gon be 2 years in December since his last fight. Wouldn't be surprised if Kattar jumps in short notice either.

Joined Jul 18, 2012
If I’m running a sports organization and my athlete starts tweeting and talking about the deep state and qanon nonsense, I’m giving an ultimatum to seek help mentally or cutting them.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
The problem is they fought less than a year ago, no doubt it'd be a great match and Kattar turned it on to end their fight but idk

Joined Nov 5, 2012
If Kattar is healthy enough to go I think he gets it. His team is pushing for it really hard

I feel like Dana is apt to just have those types of eager fill ins get their wish during COVID (Jorge, Burns etc)

The only others that would even make sense are Ortega (begging to fight Zombie), Zombie (seems to have travel issues?) or Emmett (torn ACL)

Joined Aug 30, 2012
Kattar brave. Calvin might have the edge due to his last camp and octagon experience. If I was Zabit, nah. Avoid that fight. Don’t get Jennifer Maia’d.

just watched all three MEs from UFC 241.
Do you guys buy into the Yan hype? I didn’t agree with him fighting #6 (and an old Faber before). Moraes, Aljo, Sandhagen all got skipped. When does TJ come back? Next January?

Max/Alex 2. Should’ve been a split decision for Max or a draw. Don’t think they should quickly do another rematch despite the controversy.

Joined Jan 26, 2019
Kattar brave. Calvin might have the edge due to his last camp and octagon experience. If I was Zabit, nah. Avoid that fight. Don’t get Jennifer Maia’d.

Do you guys buy into the Yan hype? I didn’t agree with him fighting #6 (and an old Faber before). Moraes, Aljo, Sandhagen all got skipped. When does TJ come back? Next January?

Max/Alex 2. Should’ve been a split decision for Max or a draw. Don’t think they should quickly do another rematch despite the controversy.
If I recall correctly Yan was actually supposed to face Moraes before covid shut everything down. I guess when Cejudo retired it fast tracked him to the title shot but not sure why it was Aldo instead of Moraes, unless Marlon tested postive.

Joined Aug 10, 2013

Yan is LEGIT enough to be champ. Cool thing about that division is there so many good guys and TJ is coming back. Yan is either gonna drop the belt fast or become a legend beating these dudes.

Joined Feb 16, 2011
yair made of glass man, dude signs contracts and never shows up...mehh his career has been weird

and if kattar step in, whooo his gangster rises

also not buying the cannonier hype, I think whittaker runs through him

we shall see

Joined Jan 26, 2019
yair made of glass man, dude signs contracts and never shows up...mehh his career has been weird

and if kattar step in, whooo his gangster rises

also not buying the cannonier hype, I think whittaker runs through him

we shall see
Whittaker has the definite technical edge but I could see Jared countering him on one of those lunging overhands Rob likes to throw and putting him out.

Joined Aug 30, 2012
Regardless, we all win by watching that fight. It can’t be Usman/Masvidal or Adesanya/Romero bad. Uh.

Also, Zombie man. He was winnin that fight until that elbow. We wouldn’t even be alike abou Zabit/Yair. They really should get Ortega to fight. And get Aldo to move back up. BW is deep enough.

Joined Aug 30, 2012
So Volkan not trying to make money?

Zabit, according to the crooked rankings, is #3. Based on the Yair fight not occurring...and T City and Korean Zombie not fighting, if we use MMA math and round to the second power, wouldn’t that make Zabit the op contender?

UFC 254 as co main?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now