The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

So hypothetically (because in reality this falls apart with current Weidman), would you give current Adesanya the edge against prime Weidman?

And what about Chimaev vs Izzy?

Prime Weidman would get ran thru by Izzy man :lol:

Too early to tell on Chimaev. Need to see him against a top WW or MW first.

Cejudo was at the Covid rally. Mans miles passed that line.

Yo I missed the beginning of the Sanchez fight.. this is how he started it?? :rofl:
Mans gut is covering the UFC logo :sick:. Please retire Diego. Or let the man's be Maia's last fight.

tenor.gif

Prime Weidman would get ran thru by Izzy man :lol:

Too early to tell on Chimaev. Need to see him against a top WW or MW first.

Cejudo was at the Covid rally. Mans miles passed that line.

Yo I missed the beginning of the Sanchez fight.. this is how he started it?? :rofl:
Mans gut is covering the UFC logo :sick:. Please retire Diego. Or let the man's be Maia's last fight.

Sanchez with the proper androgynous hairstyle

Wow. Did Diego have a good camp? Looks soft.

He’ll never retire with that leech life coach.

Magic owns a lot of assets. Shaq owns a lot of assets, does endorsements, and analyst.

Besides money MAC, wonder if there are successful fighters post retirement?

sad... i can't believe conor was really trying to fight this dude after the cerrone fight. :lol:

Me last night:
WeightySpiritedClingfish-size_restricted.gif

The person that devised Costa's strategy should be fired immediately. Whether it be Albarracin or Wallid. Perplexing, just terrible. I genuinely think his camp believed Paulo was in Adesanya's head (not true) with the grappling and white belt antics. "Borrachinha" was looking for the big counter, waiting for Izzy to rush in emotionally or overcommit. Makes no sense to completely switch up Paulo's style. Costa's game is constantly advancing, forward pressure. Instead, him or his trainers thought it best to stay at range when your opponent, the champ, has an 8-inch reach advantage. "Borrachinha" consciously allowed the most technical striker in the division to just pick him apart with distance.

I counted 21 leg kicks from Adesanya. Paulo landed two good body kicks in R1 and two solid leg kicks in R2. Four total strikes to speak on. Costa never let his hands go, it's like he brought a knife to a gunfight. Man's didn't even attempt to box. Did all that taunting thinking it would lure Izzy in. Clowning Romero, standing with hands down, shaking off strikes. All bait stupidly believing Adesanya would lunge in and get caught with a big uppercut. Forget even a hint of level change or faking the takedown. Ridiculously poor stratagem and quite frankly, waste of a title shot. These chances don't come often, man. Winner of Cannonier vs. Whittaker got next. "Joker" after that if he gets past Till. Brunson tweeted at "Borrachinha," so maybe that's next. Or someone like Gastelum.

Dom got caught in a tricky place. He lost R1 so felt the need to get busier. But the more Reyes was landing and opening up offensively, his defense loosened and created openings for Jan. That Polish power serious, broken nose and imprint on the ribs.

Feel like the bout is cursed but if it happens and "Marreta" gets past Glover, totally open to a rematch with Blachowicz. If "Denisa" doesn't have a fight booked, line him up with Rakic and the winner gets next shot after Santos/Teixeira. Or hear me out, he doesn't deserve to skip the line but "Rumble" vs. Jan would be fun as hell to watch.

Definitely looks like some kinda hormone imbalance it would appear but he doesnt have the puffy nipples of a roid cheat ala Dillashaw.

Could be an injury but jus looked like fluid under there. All that to say IDK hah

Finally watched the 253 bouts last night. I expected Costa to at least get some decent shots in and attempt to take Izzy down but he did next to nothing aside from those kicks he threw. Very one sided fight to say the least. I'd like to see Cannonier get the next shot provided he can get past Whittaker.

The LHW title fight also didn't seem close with Jan executing his gameplan and his power seemed to overwhelm Reyes. Hopefully third times a charm for the Glover-Santos fight and they can setup winner with the next shot.

Back
Top Bottom