The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

I'm definitely picking Khabib as he has shown to be able to take anyone down regardless of their background. That said I do give Justin a chance as he has a wrestling background and seems to have greatly improved ever since the Dustin fight where he was just getting into these brawls.
I think Tibau stuffed most of his takedowns.

I’m trying to remember if any of Gaethje’s opponents have tried to take him down.

20200729_070251-jpg.786903

Last edited:
GSP turns 40 next year. Almost 7 years older than Khabib. I’d be geeked. But definitely in Khabib’s favor.

I do think Porier should fight Tony. Forget about the Irish Fella.

gsp would just keep the fight standing and jab khabib to death.

Isn’t gsp retired again? Seemed like he just came back to beat bisping and get the belt.

Would rather see khabib fight chimaev. See how he reacts to fighting a bigger version of himself.

lol this kid is making the right moves in the spotlight

At the time, McGregor was gearing up for a fight with UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov—and sparing nothing in the way of pre-fight trash talk. Chimaev, hellbent on defending Nurmagomedov’s honor, apparently flew to Ireland under the pretence of training with McGregor.

Thankfully, he was detained by local authorities before he could get his hands on the Irishman.

“Honestly speaking, I wanted to beat him up,” Chimaev told reporter Adam Zubayraev (via MMA Mania). “Many people thought I was coming there to help him prepare for Khabib. I was coming there to protect our pride and honor. I was going there for all of us. If that would not have happened, I would have maybe thrown, I don’t know, some object.”

Tavares and Brunson are like the ideal Gatekeepers :lol: literally the exact definition and honestly very useful to the sport

Kid is definitely taking another step up in competition, if he finishes Brunson you figure a top 5 or better opponent is up next, there's nowhere else but up

Tavares and Brunson are like the ideal Gatekeepers :lol: literally the exact definition and honestly very useful to the sport

Kid is definitely taking another step up in competition, if he finishes Brunson you figure a top 5 or better opponent is up next, there's nowhere else but up

He looks like he was born a fighter and his striking looks at least decent. Still, I have some doubts that his trainer can take him to his full potential.

He looks like he was born a fighter and his striking looks at least decent. Still, I have some doubts that his trainer can take him to his full poential.
I feel like it's so bizarre that he comes out of Edmon's camp lol. The dude looks like a killer though I am low-key buying into the hypetrain

I hope Izzy is still around if/when this kid is ready to challenge for the title. Very interesting skill set

The rest of the card is at least decent. You have Kevin Holland, Lando and Luque all bound to put on a good scrap

yan had just knocked out faber, cody was doing his best to defend his master’s honor backstage lol
Good call yeah I knew it was from a while ago. tbh I was hoping they’d match up soon, good storyline there

I honestly don’t have much interest in cody trying to fight smaller guys

“Even after I knock him out, I will not shake his hand,” Costa said. “It will be wild. It will be savage. … I believe in the second round (I will knock him out) because he will run a lot in the first round.”

“I will not be staying and waiting for him,” Costa said. “I know he can run a lot, and that’s what he wants to do, what he usually does. I won’t wait like Romero did. I will hunt him inside the cage and close the distance and land my shots to his body and his face. … Don’t go so fast like Whittaker and don’t go slow like Romero. Make a balance. I think I am very different from both guys because I can pressure him every minute for the 25 minutes.

“I can keep the pressure very, very aggressive against him. I can push him at all times, and I have a lot of power in my hands, on my bones in my hands and kicks. Against him, I just need one shot to finish the fight.”

“To Israel Adesanya I would just like to say: Don’t give up in this fight,” Costa said. “Let’s fight. It’s your time to fight me, to face me, and let’s see how many hits on your skinny body, skinny face you can get.”

Back
Top Bottom