The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Hopefully for Shahbazyen, this doesn't damage his confidence. Cause the kid is talented as hell. If things were to get ugly again his next fight I hope he'd be able to put his friendships to the side in terms of his management and coach.

not a good look for Shabazian

dude melted in there, he did not want to go back out there the 3rd.....

my guy was laying on his back accepting his death at the end of the 2nd.

yikes

bobby green 8)

That randy brown fight was tuff to watch, he didn't belong in there with vicente

He definitely looked defeated at the end of the second. I agree. Herb should’ve done it in between rounds.

Like Brunson done rang his bell. If they feared for his safety, call it. No reason for the kid to take unnecessary damage. But on the other hand, like it was mentioned. Tim Kennedy had Romero on the ropes. And Stool Gate allowed him to recover and do one of his explosive presses.

Brown didn’t adjust to the calf kicks. Being one dimensional can be bad for your health in the cage. He was starting to find his groove a lil but that knee took all the wind out of his sail.

Damnit herb, first you semi waved it, and then you permitted extra time. Just call the damn fight off. Herb calling time out is so outta the rule book. Herb knows better than that, that’s an automatic loss, it’s unfair that Edmen got an extra 20-30secs to recover; he was so unsure about getting back in there. The kid is god damn 22 years old! Let him live to fight another day.
Honestly I was so confused cuz he brought the doc in but told the the doc to let them deal with their fighter first, so what’s the point of bringing the doc in if he he’s not able to assess during the break? So unfair to Brunson, herb def playing in the company’s favor in trying to build a hype machine in Edmen. Good thing Brunson played the whole fight smart, love his rebirth. I honestly thought he was gonna lose but I was surprised at his adjustment and patience and eventually won me over with his profound approach.

Last edited:
Totally forgot Weidman was on this weekend's Fight Night. Don't know much about the guy he's fighting, saw he had a 3 fight win streak so they are likely trying to get Weidman a dub against some middle of the pack guy and potentially a highlight so he can slowly try to work back up again. Crazy how Chris lost 5 out of his last 6 and almost lost to Kelvin during that time.

Seen this dude on IG mocking COVID and defending the FL governor. I so wanted to like and root for him too. Oh well.
Seen paul felder supporting and laughing at that post lol

Honestly the covid conspiracy **** isn’t as bad as the trump support but we had to expect he’d be on that side on the issue as well lol

Theres other sides to covid that are worth discussion. Supporting trump is inexcusable

Listened to that Lebatard interview with Masvidal. You can legit hear how hurt Dan is finding out bout Masvidal views

Can't believe how DEEP down the rabbit hole Cannonier is. Potential to get ugly if he wins that title and just goes all out with his platform.

Listened to that Lebatard interview with Masvidal. You can legit hear how hurt Dan is finding out bout Masvidal views

Can't believe how DEEP down the rabbit hole Cannonier is. Potential to get ugly if he wins that title and just goes all out with his platform.
Cannonier winning the title? I wouldn't say it is impossible considering that Bisping has won it. But highly unlikely.

Cannonier winning the title? I wouldn't say it is impossible considering that Bisping has won it. But highly unlikely.
The Whittaker fight will show where he is amongst the top but imo, he's definitely a contender. Crazy he kept all that power moving down from HW

Get Ortega to fill in. Gon be 2 years in December since his last fight. Wouldn't be surprised if Kattar jumps in short notice either.

If I’m running a sports organization and my athlete starts tweeting and talking about the deep state and qanon nonsense, I’m giving an ultimatum to seek help mentally or cutting them.

The problem is they fought less than a year ago, no doubt it'd be a great match and Kattar turned it on to end their fight but idk

If Kattar is healthy enough to go I think he gets it. His team is pushing for it really hard

I feel like Dana is apt to just have those types of eager fill ins get their wish during COVID (Jorge, Burns etc)

The only others that would even make sense are Ortega (begging to fight Zombie), Zombie (seems to have travel issues?) or Emmett (torn ACL)

Kattar brave. Calvin might have the edge due to his last camp and octagon experience. If I was Zabit, nah. Avoid that fight. Don’t get Jennifer Maia’d.

just watched all three MEs from UFC 241.
Do you guys buy into the Yan hype? I didn’t agree with him fighting #6 (and an old Faber before). Moraes, Aljo, Sandhagen all got skipped. When does TJ come back? Next January?

Max/Alex 2. Should’ve been a split decision for Max or a draw. Don’t think they should quickly do another rematch despite the controversy.

Kattar brave. Calvin might have the edge due to his last camp and octagon experience. If I was Zabit, nah. Avoid that fight. Don’t get Jennifer Maia’d.

just watched all three MEs from UFC 241.
Do you guys buy into the Yan hype? I didn’t agree with him fighting #6 (and an old Faber before). Moraes, Aljo, Sandhagen all got skipped. When does TJ come back? Next January?

Max/Alex 2. Should’ve been a split decision for Max or a draw. Don’t think they should quickly do another rematch despite the controversy.

If I recall correctly Yan was actually supposed to face Moraes before covid shut everything down. I guess when Cejudo retired it fast tracked him to the title shot but not sure why it was Aldo instead of Moraes, unless Marlon tested postive.

Back
Top Bottom