The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

this **** is hilarious.. chael always ready to get up outta there if you hit him clean a few times :rofl:

In those scrambles, looked like two pale gigantic gelatin blobs falling off a plate and jiggling all over the ground
Chael master fight fixer. He took a dive for the cash because he didnt want that Bader beatdown right? I knew he wasnt gunna win when he went on LeBetard to promote the fight and talked about Connor/Khabib the ENTIRE time. His post fight interview was classic Chael. In his old age and mine ive really gained a new appreciation for dude. One of my favorites around the sport ATM.

Sit down, Benson

“Your sons, your daughters are going to watch what you’re going to did,” he continued. “It’s going to be on TV. How do you explain that? ‘Oh he talked to me bad, so I jumped off the cage.’ How are you going to explain that to your kids? ‘Oh, he said something to me.” Your son’s going to be five years old and he’s going to say, ‘This kid said something to me at school.’ What are you going to say? Go beat them up? No! Watch how you conduct yourself. You’re a professional athlete. You’ve got hold yourself to a higher standard.”

Funny thing is that’s exactly what khabib would do. This man was raised at the tail end/collapse of the Soviet Union. When you had problems, you’d handle it directly, there was no going to an authority figure to solve your problem. All these people made fun of him for “I stay on bus” but when he went out there for that action they wanna cry

Dude went into full-on training mode when he lost to Nate because he didn't like losing.

At this point in his career, he is just happy to live a good life and have fun with it.

All that talk about how he was mentally back into being a full time fighter was just for show

He's on his Proper Twelve brand expansion wave right now, will be interesting to see if it pans out for him. Wonder what kind of business he was doing in Dallas or if linked with Jerry

Yeah, he’s got business ventures. He has to make his money. He lost a fight. Doesn’t take away from his fan base or popularity. It was his name that sold the PPVs not Khabib (we haven’t seen the name brand value Khabib can command as a card headliner).

I’m sure he wants to run back the Khabib loss. Just doesn’t make sense. Conor was the challenger who lost in a convincing fashion. Train. Fight some of the top 5 LWs (Diaz, Gaethje, etc).

Back
Top Bottom